[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some help figuring out how to pay my student loans - I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: student4.jpg (110KB, 565x330px) Image search: [Google]
student4.jpg
110KB, 565x330px
I need some help figuring out how to pay my student loans - I have 9 separate loans all of varying principal and rates. On top of that, half of them are in two of my parent's names as I needed Parent Plus loans to cover tuition. I have been looking for a financial adviser but can't seem to find one who would work short term. What is the best way to approach this, is there good software or a company to get financial advice from? My loans total around 60k and vary in size from $900 to $20,000, and I make about 60k a year.
>>
Pls help
tl:dr have several loans of different principal and rate, am looking for a way to optimize payment so I can pay them back quickly and with the lowest accrued interest possible
>>
You should...
Make your minimum payments on time and pay extra on the loans with the most accumulating interest first.

You should be receiving an invoice shortly for my services.
>>
>>1266425
:V
That's the plan but I feel like I could do better
All I have right now are good boy points sorry friendo
>>
>>1266445
>I can do better than paying off my loans
How? Tell me, what thoughts are coming to your mind. I'd love to hear some of them.
>>
>>1266449
I mean quicker than just paying the minimum, while still being able to save on the side
>>
>>1266455
You can pay them quicker by paying more than the minimum.

How much you want to pay depends on what you're comfortable saving. These are decisions you need to make based on your own costs of living.

What did you go to school for?
>>
>>1266457
Yeah I know, I just want to optimize it somehow
Aerospace engineering, probably why I'm being so autistic about finding the most efficient solution to this...
>>
>>1266445
Their is literally nothing else to do. Pay minimums on all, focus extra payments on highest interest loans. The only question is how nigardly you want to be and how fast you want to pay them off.
>>
>>1266469
Guess I've been overthinking, I'll do that then. Thanks for the help anons
>>
>>1266473
Nah don't do that shit. We're gonna be real OGs.

All you's gotta do is work for 1 year without doing anything else besides breathing because it's free.
>Tell your loan rep that you're in rough times and you need to push back the loan an extra year
>Make 60k from your job in one year
>Pay entire 60k loan in one year

You can thank me later.
>>
>>1266483
Why don't I just pay it off with a bunch of credit cards under fake names instead :^)
>>
>>1266462
So all that money and education and you're still a fucking retard...

No wonder they say college isn't what it used to be.
>>
>>1266486
>majors in engineering
>therefore he should be a financial wizard
At least I'm admitting I don't know much about finances, that's why I'm actively seeking a solution...
>>
File: 1424814024552.png (439KB, 509x623px) Image search: [Google]
1424814024552.png
439KB, 509x623px
>>1266484

I had a kinda similar solution to something like this that worked for me.

>be alky trainwreck of a human being
>rack up several thousand dollars in tickets/fines/court costs/unpaid warants etc.
>city finally cracks down and starts looking for me, showing up at work
>oh fugg lol.jpg
>get a few credit cards with 0 intro APR
>pay all legal stuff off in one full sweep
>slowly pay off cards as im able to, then cancel them

Do some research on this before you go down this path
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.