[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this an objectively wrong choice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1573.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1573.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /biz/, I'm a finance major who wants to train to become a pro wrestler. (I know, I know) Let's not make this about how stupid you may think wrestling is.

It's not that I dislike finance.. as far as academics go, it's definitely what I want to learn about, and if the wrestling thing didn't work out, I'd be happy with a job in financial services. It's just that I REALLY want to try to be a pro wrestler.

Of course, it's a relatively dangerous, seedy, and low-paying career, but if I really like it, is it worth trying? I would still finish up my degree.
>>
Go for your dreams. Even if it doesnt work, spending 5 or so years wrestling instead of making connections and gaining experience might hurt you a little, but its not like you won't be able to feed your family
>>
its your life do whatever the fuck you want, itsn't really a commitment as much as its a hobby at this point, try it for a while and see how it works out

but finish the degree so your don't have debt and nothing to show for
>>
>>1266187
Go for it if you can handle it physically. Just be humble and don't be afraid to make Roman look strong.
>>
Agreed with >>1266225 . Essentially finish your degree Anon so you have something to fall back on if Wrestling don't work out.

And if it does? Good.
>>
>>1266357
I should also add, before you try it get your ass in a gym/school. One owned by a respectable pro wrestler.
>>
>>1266187
i hate fucking wrestling it's so fake and gay.
i understand that people would die and get crippled in 5 secs if they did that shit seriously so they can't.
doesn't save it for me. it hurts to watch but not in a good way.
>>
File: CGGPmlsUMAEG0gx.jpg (49KB, 599x795px) Image search: [Google]
CGGPmlsUMAEG0gx.jpg
49KB, 599x795px
>>1266187

What about pro wrestling do you like, anon?
>>
>>1266447
At first glance I thought I sa a giant dick hanging down from her T-shirt bottom.
>>
>>1266187
I want to be a wrasslin' ref. Can I count for you, OP?
I'll even let you hit me with a chair.
>>
>>1266187

Go for it. You're only young once.

You can do finance at any age, but you only have the chance to try wrestling now.
>>
>>1266447
I like the creative aspect of it more than anything, inside and outside of the ring. The technical wrestling is cool, and the fact that good wrestlers can have a crowd eating out of their hands is inspiring to a point. Not to mention I'm interested in the grind of trying to work your way up the ladder in the indy's by staying on the road, marketing yourself, and traveling to places like Europe and Japan. Seems cool af for a dude in his 20's desu.
>>
>>1266603

Most good things come out of people doing what they find interesting. You will definitely be doing the world a favor by following your dreams.

But I would reconsider whether pro-wrestling is actually the best way to achieve those goals. A couple of things in wrestling might conflict with your values. For instance you might end up as a jobber despite being an excellent wrestler unless you are good at sucking dick behind the stage(hopefully figuratively speaking).
>>
>>1266187
Follow your dreams opie. I have always fantasized about being a pro wrestler, even today and I'm almost 30. Instead I'm a miserable accountant drifting through a meaningless life, don't be like me.

Also be sure to make Roman look strong
>>
>>1266187
you should prob have better role models than sami lame... seth rollins all the way
>>
File: GYuVgem.gif (387KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
GYuVgem.gif
387KB, 500x447px
>>1266187
Recently worked for a local pro-wrestling academy, and everyone training had regular ass jobs and committed time after work to it like a hobby.

What area are you in OP?
>>
>>1266460
cant unsee
>>
>>1266666
central florida, and nice quints
>>
>>1266187

The truth is you glossed over a lot of it. It's not really just relatively dangerous, it's very dangerous. Especially early on when you're dealing with the completely green newfags like yourself and they think they can do all these crazy moves with no training, no experience, or regard for reality. There's a high chance you'll get injured there, maybe a minor tear, back injury.. something. This is going to come out of your pocket. It could be even worse if one of them botches the hell out of you and you get dropped on your head.

WWE guys get injured all the fucking time and these are the best and some of the safest workers in the industry. What do you think some dude with an emo gimmick who has wrestled 2 matches is going to do with you?

The fact is, the entire industry is completely over saturated with people who grew up when wrestling was cool and wanted to get into it, now it's not cool and there's one real place to work and it's extremely hard to get there. (WWE)

Even if you're optimistic maybe you make it as a relatively successful indie guy who makes enough to feed himself and maybe afford to pay for a shitty apartment you can't really ever go to because you're constantly driving around a shitbox car with people in the same position as you, while you split shifts sleeping on the floor at bedbug motels as you travel around fourth rate towns and cities high school gyms.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.