[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small dollar investing advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: penny dish.jpg (277KB, 1472x1600px) Image search: [Google]
penny dish.jpg
277KB, 1472x1600px
Hey /biz/, I'm interested in getting into investing but I don't have much to start with, I'm willing to lose maybe $100 on some bullshit I don't fully understand right now. I work as a data analyst and know a lot about the tech industry so would like to invest in companies I'm familiar with, but a lot of these companies' stock is worth more than $100.

Is there a way I can invest in companies like GOOGL for small dollar smounts?

Also, have you guys ever heard of Acorns? It looks great for a small change chump like me, but I'd appreciate a more educated opinion. https://www.acorns.com/
>>
>>1261725
Acorns looks neat, I might try them out. Thanks anon. I'm a broke econ student though so can't help you much with investing
>>
Buy ethereum
>>
>>1261744
Fuck ethereum. Ya I said it.
>>
>>1261744
I've had pretty bad luck every time I ever fucked with cryptocurrency. The price fluctuations are certainly lucrative, and I love the idea of 'fuck the government and the banks this is my money', but I just don't trust it.
>>
>>1261766
Why what's wrong with it?
>>
>>1261725
bamp
>>
>>1261725
Literally in the same position as you OP, I want to get into investing but no idea what to start, and don't have much money to go with.
That acorns shit looks interesting just to throw a little bit of money at and see if it goes anywhere.
>>
>>1261923
I've also got a stock market simulator downloaded on my phone, gonna invest some imaginary money before I start dropping large dollar amounts, but I'd still be interested in how to invest smaller amounts. I'm sure there's a way, but I dunno.
>>
File: 1398764817254.jpg (51KB, 550x733px) Image search: [Google]
1398764817254.jpg
51KB, 550x733px
I am not a biz dude at all, but I play poker.

There is one solution when you don't know much about poker or when you don't want to risk real money:

PLAY MONEY

So you must open a traders account (practice money) learn about pips and shit, I don't have a clue what I am talking about, anyway you can "gamble" with stocks/gold/whatever or learn how to make profit.

Save your $100 and invest it in some shit that you can sell for profit. Like 2nd hand electronics or whatever. Try to save more monies and when you are making profits with your fake stock account, then you can deposit some real monies over there.

practice and patience

>for anyone who has useless cryptocurrency, I can give you dollars/euros btc for it.
>>
>>1261725
buy ETF's that hold a good sized position in google.
>>
>>1262066
I know that this is solid advice, and I've considered doing it many times, but I just can't give a shit about fake money. If I could do something as small as take $100 and turn it into $200, which seems like a pretty reasonable goal, it would put some tangible rewards into my hand and feel way more satisfying than a scoreboard of fake money that I "own".
>>
>>1261957
Hold on

There's simulators? I gotta try this. Which one do you use?
>>
>>1262145
I found one called Best Broker on iOS that seems to be pretty solid. I found it by searching "stock market simulator" in the market so I'm sure you could find it if you're on Android.
>>
>>1262187
On ios. Thanks man
What exactly are your goals with it? I'm fairly new to trading. I've had some stocks earlier, but not much.

I guess I get the point of the app, but I'm sure there are smarter ways to use it.
>>
>>1262211
See >>1262120
Basically, I've decided that fake money just isn't interesting to me. I'm looking at messing around with penny stocks right now. Like I said in my other post, if I can turn a small amount of real money into a slightly larger amount of real money I'll be happier than I would be playing with fake money.
>>
>>1262145
Think Or Swim
has a free paper trade platform
Its the exact same thing you'd be using with money in the brokerage account.

Watch TastyTrade and do what they do for a few weeks until you get it down.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.