[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I fix fake reviews So I've recently been given control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1428278132036.jpg (63KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
1428278132036.jpg
63KB, 722x349px
How do I fix fake reviews

So I've recently been given control of a family business that is not doing so well

The problem is that the company has a lot of negative reviews on Google+ and other social media sites. Some of it is because of competitors and some of it is because a family member, not employed, just the same last name, went into a drunken coke rage and pissed off a bunch of SJWs on social media

I emailed all of these sites and explained it to them and I never received any replies.

Are there any alternatives I can do to at least get rid of the Google+ reviews.

Would burying them in hundreds of fake sock puppet accounts work?
>>
>>1258441
Don't do anything.

Explaining makes you look guilty and faking it makes you look untrustworthy.

Just do a good job and good reviews will happen naturally.
>>
>>1258443

Thank you for replying.

This has got me so stressed out that it is constantly on my mind.

I already reported all the fake reviews to Google.

The business has no real social media presence, because it was run by my parents and grandparents, none of which can use a computer.

We don't even have a facebook page, but there are a lot of fake reviews there if you search our name.

Some of it is just flat out retarded, like we are part of the KKK, we are neo nazis, we support women being raped, are violent against women, racist, ect. You know, the typical SJW playbook.

Absolutely none of these reviews have anything to do with our services, because obviously none of these people have ever contacted us for work.
>>
>>1258441
Change the name of your business
>>
>>1258449
>Some of it is just flat out retarded, like we are part of the KKK, we are neo nazis, we support women being raped, are violent against women, racist, ect. You know, the typical SJW playbook.
>Absolutely none of these reviews have anything to do with our services

Too bad, I myself was searching for a good family KKK neo nazi restaurant with all female staff, ready for sex at customers will, for ages.
>>
>>1258450

I have been thinking about that, but it's not going to happen as long as my parents and grandparents still have some control.

I did list our other advertisements without the company name, and it seemed to help
>>
>>1258449
Here's what I would do. Since you don't have a Facebook page yet, make one. If you don't have a twitter or instagram for the business you can do that too but not vital.

Pour all of your time and resources that you have for online presence into that (And your website if you have one) and just ignore the other stuff for now.

The great thing about that is you can manually manage all of the things that go onto those types of media and they are pretty much used by everyone.

If you get enough positivity there, it will spread to other places and customers will naturally start to point out the fake reviews for what they are.

Also, be as active as you can. Google will rank your pages higher if they are more relevant, i.e. active.

Also, try a little rebranding. Maybe that's outside your scope but it doesn't hurt, even if it's just "hey look at us, we do online coupons now" or whatever.
>>
>>1258459

Thank you for the reply.

I've been hesitant of making a FB/Twitter for the company because of the already shitty negative online presence before I even get started.

I'm afraid I'm going to stir the pot up and get all those SJWs and competitors back in action.

This is an HVAC/electricity/plumbing company, so I'm really not sure how to properly be active on social media for it.

The "business" is basically my office in my house at this point, so there's not a lot of pictures to post.
>>
Same post from weeks ago. Still haven't been able to change it, huh?

Still haven't taken responsibility for for family's part in it either, I see. Tell your cousin or whatever to stay away from: coke, booze, /pol/.
Don't apologize for him, don't paint this as a SJW issue. He's the problem and he's ruining his life and hurting your family.

Change the business name is probably the best you can do.
>>
>>1258473

It's been a long time since I made that first thread. Surprised anyone remembers it.

I haven't replied to any of the comments or made any statements about anything.

A large number of the fake reviews are also our competitors in the area.

The only thing I've done so far is reporting all of the fake reviews to Google.

Judging by how our main competitor has the literal thousands of 5 star reviews by posters with no other reviews than giving us and the other competitor 1 star reviews, I doubt Google gives a shit at all.
>>
>>1258452
kek'd
>>
>>1258441
Fight fire with fire. Make your own POSITIVE reviews. Make so many that they block out the negatives.
>>
>>1258542
>Go online to look up reviews
>100 1 star reviews
>100 5 star reviews
>Nothing inbetween

Nope, nothing suspicious here.
>>
>>1258449
Maybe find out why your family business is so hated. Are you a family of faggots?
brb writing a review for Op.
>>
post the link,

/biz/ will band together and write positive reviews for your business
>>
>>1258450
This was my first thought. Explain to your family that like it or not the next gen use Google and yelp reviews for everything and that on paper to the younger generation they look like a bad business.I would push hard for the name change. Don't be a pussy if it's going to be your company, own it make decisions. Get a business conultants opinion and use that against the family members that disagree
>>
>>1258552
do it OP, you have nothing to lose. If you are afraid that we'll start spitting shit about neo-nazis and enslaving niggers to cook enchiladas, you have this kind of reviews anyway.

We'll help ya, it's a hugbox thread bro.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.