[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Furniture flipping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: BP-YSXD60-W3.jpg (20KB, 420x340px) Image search: [Google]
BP-YSXD60-W3.jpg
20KB, 420x340px
Any of you guys have experience with this?

I often see pretty nice pieces of furniture (that dont need much touching up) set out for free in upper class neighborhoods. I was thinking of taking them, sprucing them up a bit, and sell it on craigslist.

Any input or advice?
>>
>>1256641
No experience with it myself but here is what I found from a 10 second google search.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Flipping/wiki/index
http://indiepf.com/a-step-by-step-guide-to-flipping-furniture-on-craigslist/
>>
Yes I often flip tables, it's fun
>>
>>1256641
if lived in the dump, you wouldn't need to collect trash, they'd bring it to you!

I think you should do this plan Op.
>>
>>1256641

Everybody gives away furniture, you'd need a place/store to store it.
>>
I used to flip stuff on CL.

Furniture didn't seem worth the effort.
>>
>>1257030
Have much space. The furniture I see in these neighborhoods isnt cheap stuff so selling to the lower classes doesnt seem like a problem
>>
File: IMG_0215.jpg (49KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0215.jpg
49KB, 240x320px
>>1256641
The reason this ide works is that there are a million new households created in the US every year. They will all need furniture. Not all will be able to afford brand new furniture.

I've been doing the "curb to Craigslist" game for 15 years. Mostly "flea market + yardsale = Craigslist + cash."

Highest month income over 15 years was $1000. Average month is about $300 (I have a shitty day job too). Average low month = $50. I live in a south/southwestern town of 800K population.

Pic related. Found it beat up/scratched upon curb in front of house in neighborhood. Painted it black. Sold to a hipster for $65.

End of month when deadbeats are thrown out of rent houses is best time to find such items.
>>
>>1256795

lmao
>>
>>1256641
I have done it and decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I restore boats I buy off of craigslist and repair motors and resell, and even that isnt terribly profitable when you consider the time consumed. It is a fun hobby that gives me some extra (albeit negligible) income at the end of the month. If you enjoy it, go for it.
>>
File: 1463759789068.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1463759789068.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>1258234
His post was barely worth a reply and you give him an lmao. That post did not deserve a lmao. Jesus fucking christ some people
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.