/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Existential crisis (2.5 years and counting)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

>got an MEng degree in a """respected""" subject (at least is makes people overrate my intelligence)
>graduated last summer and only had part time jobs since then
>have final round interview for good role at very big and respected company in London
>it's finance related, meaning ultimate wageslavery doing braindead work while living in a cupboard in City 17
>tfw haven't spent all my free time learning to program to make a startup or whatever shit really makes you rich

How the fuck can I cope with this? Wageslavery seems like a sort of hell. When I see people say stuff like "spend 2 years minimum in a job bro, any shorter and it looks bad" it seems absurd. Spending 2 years of your life on shit?

I feel like I'm possibly already failing to appreciate what I have now. Lots of free time because only 18 hours of work a week in a menial job, living wiht parents who literally like me living at home because they like me (though they want me to get a job obviously), living in a small city with two universities (so at least I can daydream about getting girls, not that I can), lots of time to go to the gym...
>>
>>1255879
sounds like most of your problems are all of your own making

whats your subject?
>>
>>1255879
try r9k
>>
>>1255882

one of the common engineering subjects that makes people think you're smart because they know it's important but they don't really know what it is but if they were actually non ignorant then they'd see you as stupid for not taking maths or physics

Not software engineering
>>
>>1255885
why won't you tell us what it is?
>>
>>1255879
Because I make money doing it
That's how
>>
>>1255885
My god you're autistic. Just tell us the fucking field.
>>
>>1255885
Lol you can't do shit with a math/physics degree until you get your masters or PHD. Fuck outta here with that bullshit
>>
>>1255879
Just imagine what it will be like once you have to start working full time. It's what you're feeling now x2. I wish I got my shit together and devised a plan to escape wage slavery when I still had free time instead of fucking around. Don't make the same mistake i did.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.