[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there money in esports? or is it just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: ESPN_esports_logo1.jpg (24KB, 451x347px) Image search: [Google]
ESPN_esports_logo1.jpg
24KB, 451x347px
Is there money in esports? or is it just a meme?
>>
>>1255374

in the future there will be money in gaming, outside of e-sports. in the future big boss companies like valve and blizzard will have their own cryptocurrency, and it will be used to purchase in-game cosmetic items, dlc packages, features etc. it will also be the only currency used to purchase the companies games, and it will be possible to play money-matches against players, where you put tokens on the line that are then paid out to the winner of a ranked match or the winning team. this will be the new era of professional gaming, and there will be serious money in it. the entire steam platform will be valve-coin in the future.

I for one, can't wait.
>>
>>1255381
Where is your evidence that leads to such a speculation? If a company tries to enforce use of their own cryptocurrency for literally every product they sell, then the company that takes actual minted currency is going to take their place.
>>
>>1255374
There is money, but only if you are at the highest tier of play. And even then, the money only rolls in for certain games like Dota 2/CSGO/LoL. IMO the culture surrounding the Esports scene is still in a baby stage. The tournament organizers need to grow up and start taking cheating more seriously. I completely understand that drug testing can be costly, but is it so hard to take better measures to prevent cheating at a LAN? Particularly in the CSGO scene. The players spend so much time playing or cultivating an online personality that they don't often branch out into other shit too. And there's good fucking money to be made in that other shit, but they're just not doing it.
>>
>>1255393
Part 2: If you are asking because you want to play Esports for money, I advise you to seriously reconsider. Your competition (speaking mostly from what I know of Dota 2's tournament scene) trains like it is their job. 10+ hours a day, limited contact with the outside world. Pursuing further education is very hard unless you hit it big as a Twitch streamer.
>>
buy ATVI.... Activision-Blizzard bought MLG... major league gaming, for less than 1 billion. they will be the future of esports.
>>
>>1255393
I got paid to play back in 2005. People said the same shit then that you're saying now.
>>
esports will indeed explode, but because there are literally hundreds of millions of ppl playing these games day in and day out, to say its a long way to rise to the top is an understatement... but as for the biz,,, there are big things coming for sure
>>
>>1255408

really? interesting. i stand by it though.
>>
>>1255374
Not in VG unless you are a youtuber (or stream with a lot of donations and sponsorings => required : boobs)

But online Poker is an e-sport. I used to make 15.000€ per years out of it.
The only problem is that it is competition. And if you lose a little of skills and motivation, the result in money loss will be huge.

Now I'm putting all I have left an Etherneum, and praying for it to reach the moon like BTC did.
If I end up EV+, I'll take back Poker, if I loss, I'll have to take a job. Even though I'm really good with Poker.
>>
>>1255408
When I said that I was thinking of the opportunity cost involved in becoming a pro player than going to college or taking up a trade. The stakes are way higher than they ever were in 2005 and thus the competition is crazy now.
>>
>>1255381
Valve already has its own crypto and G2A faggot
>>
if i was forced to invest in e-sports, i would buy stock in chinese or korean e-sports leagues.

league and dota are so insanely popular over there. you guys have no idea.
>>
>>1255381
Lol, Valve already accepts Bitcoin. All altcoins are memes, Bitcoin is the real deal, they will just accept BTC.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.