[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stock market

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1461794546959.jpg (39KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461794546959.jpg
39KB, 530x530px
Where can I find the hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly stock price report for stocks so I can keep track on how it's been changing since thw start of the company preferably in the form of a graph that shows spikes and plummets in the data in real time possibly in the form of a mobile app. Thanks!
>>
I'm trying to start a portfolio and I just want to see if I can keep up with what's going on in the market. I'm a beginner.
>>
niggers XD
>>
Yahoo
>>
>>1250330
Is there something more advanced than yahoo I can use? Judging from a few companies graphs it looks like you can't make money with these things unless you bought tons of stocks at the companies conception. Do you know where I can find something to invest in that is volotile? Tons of peaks and Vallies in a short timespan.
>>
>>1250360
That's not a sound investment strategy.

Investing isn't a get rich quick scheme. If you try to make it that way, it only becomes slightly better than gambling.

But if you're really looking for stuff that's volatile and moves up and down a lot, look into penny stocks. Penny stocks are very very cheap and usually have a pretty limited number of shares. So let's say you buy a whole fuck ton of shares of penny stock A. You've just ate a large portion of the available shares (when compared to shit like Apple stock) and you buying actually causes the market to move.

You buying Apple stock wouldn't really make the market move because:
>the stock has large value already
>there are so many shares
>it's being constantly bought and sold regularly

Penny stocks have less people interested in them, a lower value, and less available shares. So when you buy penny stocks in bulk, you can essentially cause the market to move and, assuming other people do the same thing at the same time, it will go up. But it doesn't even need to go up much. Let's say the stock goes from $0.15 a share to $0.30 a share. For a stock like Apple, a $0.15 change is pretty much nothing. But for our penny stock, that's a 100% gain.

Note: Percent gain = [(sale price - purchase price)/purchase price] x 100

But if you sell penny stocks, you'll also cause the market to move, just like how you'll cause the market to move when buying.

This makes penny stocks extremely volatile, hard to predict, and for the most part not worth investing because it's a gamble. Because even though you can make fast, large gains; you can make fast, large losses.
>>
>>1250392
Another consideration for penny stocks is that if you have enough impact to shift the market, you have enough impact so people see you shifting the market.
If you're the only sucker buying 10% of the shares one day and then basically no one is buying for the next month, the stock price will stay shit.
If you buy 1% of the shares every week for 10 weeks, you have a much better chance of starting a trend. Even after the price has gone up you could consider buying 0.1% now and then just to soak up the lowest priced deals and ensure there is SOME demand. (I'm using completely fictitious numbers.)
Of course this assumes transaction fees don't make this unprofitable, and you don't want to end with millions held in shady companies waiting for the prices to go up a little more
>>
>>1250360

are you willing to pay for access to the data? if so there are a number of excellent providers to choose from.
>>
>>1250360
>>>1250330
>Is there something more advanced than yahoo I can use? Judging from a few companies graphs it looks like you can't make money with these things unless you bought tons of stocks at the companies conception. Do you know where I can find something to invest in that is volotile? Tons of peaks and Vallies in a short timespan.
Just because you said volatile, reminded me of volatilestock.com

This site called a few awesome stocks and I got 23% of my negligible investment. I wish I had played more on the made calls.
>>
>>1250392
I'm not trying to invest in something with such a limited supply of stocks that I could feasibly buy half of their shares and own the whole market. I'm trying to find the right level of volatility where the stock might rise 7 times its starting value in the course of a few months to a year. That would give me time to sell my stocks if there was a sudden dip. If I did invest in penny stocks I might check on my stock after a day and notice that I completely missed 3 separate price dips to completion. Im planning on playing with a grand. Placing it in the market and if it doubled then id take that 2 grand and place it somewhere else and see what happened. If i lost everything it wouldnt matter but it would still be good practice to learn the market. If I invested in disney 4 years ago I'd have 4 times my starting value today but 4 years is too long to wait. I could make more in 1 year as an actuary then I could make in 4 years waiting for Disney's stock price to move. There is a good middle road.
>>
>>1250472
It depends on the cost and it it were a monthly/yearly recurring charge but i'd consider it.
>>
>>1250894
>>1250955
This guy at volatilestock.com called BBVA, I bit the hook the last time he called it and today I made money off of BBVA, friday was the perfect day to buy.

Also use google finance to create a watch list.

I personally really like seeking alpha's mini chart beside your stocks to let you get an idea of what's going on.
>>
>>1250320
If you are starting a portfolio you should focus ion valuing companies. You don't need to look keep tabs on their stock every hour. In fact don't even look at their stock history in till after you value them
>>
>>1250970
By bit the hook I mean to say that his buy rating of BBVA when it was at like $6 sent me into the money to the mid $7.xx
>>
>>1250973
>>>1250320
>If you are starting a portfolio you should focus ion valuing companies. You don't need to look keep tabs on their stock every hour. In fact don't even look at their stock history in till after you value them
I second this, focus on a sector and as a beginner get out before the earnings report unless you did your homework.

How much are you investing?
>>
>>1250360
you should check finviz.com
>>
Ctrl+F "bloomberg"

I am disappoint. Casuals everywhere.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.