/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is going to be highest funded crowdfunding project ever.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 19

File: icoined.com.jpg (48KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
icoined.com.jpg
48KB, 620x413px
This is going to be highest funded crowdfunding project ever. Why haven't you jumped in the train yet? 13 days left and you just got one more chance before having to pay the premium price starting tomorrow because of the developers mistake...
>>
>>1246332
>democracy
>good
>>
>>1246332
What mistake?
>>
>>1246374
The first incremental price increase was 0, so there was really another whole day for the starting 1eth=100dao conversion. Everyone thought today the price was supposed to increase to 1.05eth per 100 dao
>>
>>1246332
I'm ball deep!

btw, I'm using that rolex one to buy a rolex with it :D
>>
>>1246332
I bought dao tokens with poloniex.

I only have an ETH account on Polo. Do I need to do anything else now or just wait for the release of the DAO?
>>
File: SSG_Blue___Kaioken.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SSG_Blue___Kaioken.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
We 1 BILLION DAO tokens strong now.
>>
>>1246353
We'll see.

Usually I'm not a fan of democracy, because the vast majority of people on earth are fucking stupid.

Just look at the US elections for a prime example of why the masses should not have a say.

In saying that, people who bought into DAO are a very specific minority, and democracy might work better here.
>>
>>1246678
I'm not with you on this one. I think cryptotards in general are dumber than the average population. If this board / rebbit / bitcointalk is any indication, the majority of you are 18-25 NEETs who treat this as a get rich scheme with a few whales trying to manipulate you.

>tech savvy =/= smart
>>
>>1246691
>the majority of you are 18-25 NEETs
Precisely, and the NEETs on 4chan have about $20 invested and think they're going to get rich.

The weight of your vote is proportionate to the amount of DAO you will own.

Wealthy people who have a brain will be the ones making the decisions, not NEETs.
>>
File: damn.png (63KB, 305x224px) Image search: [Google]
damn.png
63KB, 305x224px
>>1246697
An entirely good thing too. This is now a project with Oprah-tier money, and a lot of whales looking for big returnz. A lot of those crypto-pipedreams that might never have made it even as far as a white paper have a possibility of becoming a reality without having to go to Goldman Sachs. This could be unimaginably huge.
>>
>>1247063
Exactly. I want the whales to be the ones voting. They're the only ones with any clue what they're doing.
>>
>>1247610
>implying the whales just wont dump once this reaches exchanges
>implying they arent in this just for the hype
>>
>>1246332
>because of the developers mistake...
You're not making a very good case for the DAO here kek
>>
>>1246332

What is this and how can I pour my NEETbux into it?
>>
Will we be able to dump DAO tokens when it ends up in an exchange? Also what exchanges are going to support it.
>>
>>1247926
Polo is almost guaranteed
>>
Poorfags never learn. Bitcoin ether and now DAO hellooooo

Stay poor faggots
>>
This looks beyond retarded.
>>
No thanks, I'll just keep my ETH.
>>
>whales

I thought whales were huge losers. You guys use the term to just mean huge?
>>
does my wallet have to be synced to buy? its like 15 light years behind,,
>>
>>1246539
>I'm ball deep!
is that why you guys keep trying to pawn off this shit coin?
>>
>>1248356
https://www.myetherwallet.com
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (12KB, 453x72px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
12KB, 453x72px
did i make a huge mistake?
>>
>>1246332
http://daostats.github.io/tokenbalance.html#0x9e9d1bb371eee354853bbe69d428409112d1a15d

Thinking I should have bought more, but I have a couple hours to buy more before the price breaks 1.1 ETH.
>>
>>1248365
no
>>
>SEPA transfer duration forces me to buy at 1.10

Fucking banks. I really hope they all fucking crash with cryptocurrencies.
>>
>>1247610
Over 50 % of the tokens at the moment are being held by people who hold at least 100 thousand dollars worth of tokens. These people are likely to think wisely about what they are going to vote on because they are so invested and can completely outrule the neets. I mean the top 100 token holders hold 47% of all tokens at the moment with several people having invested millions of dollars.
tldr this democracy will be okay
>>
File: image.png (71KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
71KB, 640x1136px
>>1246539
Nigga pls
>>
how can i buy dao?
>>
>>1249231
use kraken to buy ether.
use daohub.org wizard to turn ether into dao bling
>>
>>1249242
i managed to buy on my poloniex account

where can i see dao's growth on poloniex or where can i see how much i have?
>>
>>1249244
There are official tutorials out there nigga
>>
>>1249242
Basically isnt this dao Basically ethereum ICO 2.0?

So with $30 million crowdfund they can create ethereum, then from ethereum they crowdfund another $110 million to create the universal sharing network?

This time, it's going to work by hiring outside contractors who submit their bids (proposals) for the product.

Pretty far out idea but it might just work.
>>
>>1247975
We are not in a poker room
Whale=big
>>
Only thing that spooks me is that it is so very new - 98% of people don't understand it. Fuck ton of money there - Chinese tech gangs going to raid the DAO and steal it all.
>>
>>1246332
I'd like to, and have been trying to, but the shitty wallet doesn't sync. After a few days of dicking with it, I'm about ready to just cash out for BTC and say "fuck it". If they can't make a wallet that syncs properly, then I'm not sure I can trust the platform.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YmMjBZZfQKI

Watch this you noobs if you can't figure it out.
>>
A little less than 4 million USD away from world record status with over 10 days to go.

Where will you be when Normie press is covering the DAO Jones?
>>
File: image.jpg (472KB, 1440x1804px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
472KB, 1440x1804px
It's official, like I told yall
>>
File: 1449804647162.jpg (102KB, 387x468px) Image search: [Google]
1449804647162.jpg
102KB, 387x468px
>>1249744
Holy shit. Did some whale just buy 7 million worth of DAO at once? It was 108 million last time I looked at it.

Somebody spam CNN with the world record news. Buckle up faggots. Next stop, alpha centauri.
>>
>>1249866
>Next stop, alpha centauri.
Implying there are stops when moving at light speed.
We're only gonna be slowed down by the fluidic space.
>>
>>1249866
So what happens when the DAO starts selling all the Eth from the ICO to fund projects? Eth crashes, right?
>>
>>1249887
Daily volume is 20 million USD. You're kidding if you think slock.it will get that much. Plus the trade isn't a sign of lack of faith in ethereum but rather huge news that will create interest in the DAO which requires ether to obtain.
>>
>>1249887
Also it's worth noting that from the DAO to the finding account is a direct trade. Once they have it I don't think they're allowed to move it all to USD at once. Kind of removes any accountability they had.
>>
>>1246332
ITTL Lies, Liars, Utter Bullshit, Wild Speculation, and Lies. Word to the wise: don't believe a single thing you read here.
>>
>>1249908
But eventually that $100 million of Eth is going to be sold for USD, right? Thats a ton of downward sell pressure even with something with $20 million trade volume. Right bow there is about the same amount of buy pressure as sell pressure. I can't imagine that Eth can sustain its current price with all that ether being offloaded.
>>
>>1249932
nocoiner in denial
>>
>>1249945
no, the Dao code was designed to prevent this to happen
>>
>>1249948
How?
>>
>>1249945
No. If the DAO lent out all 100 million it has no room to grow. It's venture capital. We throw a few million at slock.it, and they get their business off the ground. If they are successful, we get some of the profits as part of the contract. The best case scenario is we get a percent return on that investment in the form of profits or whatever the pay back incentive is in the proposal. So if we lend 10 million, we expect 11 million long term. Slock.it is just the first of many projects that will be funded over time. They aren't getting the entire 120 million or anything close to that.
>>
>>1249946
No, you're here for one reason: to pump the price of this shit. You're not here to help anyone, you're not here out of generosity, you're here to make money off of suckers and marks. You are a scammer. If you don't see it that way, then you are the one in denial.
>>
where can I read about this dao shit?

I'm poor as hell but wouldn't mind throwing in like $20 and see if I get a small return off of it in a year or two. Is this for me?
>>
>>1249954
So what you're saying is that the ether will be gradually sold off over time. Still, thats $100 million dollars in ether that needs to be sold. That has to have some type of negative correlation with the price, right?
>>
>>1249958
This post doesn't even make any sense. You want to put $20 in on the hope that you'll get $20.50 back in a year or two?

This isn't a real poster, asking an innocent question, this is another shill. They're working together, in concert. Beware.
>>
>>1249961
Why? You're assuming that it's sold off all at once and not gradually over time on a perfect by project basis
>project gets approved for 12 million dollar loan from the dao
>expected product delivery in a year
>every two weeks the DAO deposits 500k in eth to their amount and they're expected to meet some milestones as listed in the original project proposal
>require that the account always have some minimum balance or the contract becomes void and they lose funding
>3 months in and they're way behind with their deliverables
>token holders create a proposal to pull funding from the project
>if possible taking back some contact fee for wasting money
There shouldn't be a case of somebody just getting a huge deposit of 10 million USD with no terms to keep them honest.
>>
>>1249957
>make money off NEETs
You know a majority of the funding is from investors with over 100k USD in DAO right? Anybody that jumps in here is a drop in the ocean of funding.
>>
>>1249990
I'm not assuming that at all. I agreed with you that the eth would probably be sold over time. People need dollars to fund projects, they cant fund projects with ether, unless there is something that I am missing? $100 million dollars of ether would eventually need to be sold to find $100 million dollars worth of projects.
>>
>>1250005
The idea is that the entire fund should never be used though. 120 million is wiggle room to fund large projects without running out of cash on just one. So yes, it will increase sell volume but not all at once or even in a single year would the 100 million pass through. For reference volume is 25 million USD a day right now. 500k USD more won't hurt it.
>>
>>1249995
You can't prove that. Just talking out of your ass again. And let's face it, you don't give a shit about the truth. You only care about hyping it up. You'll never say sell, only buy, buy, buy. You are a liar and a crook.
>>
>>1250017
Do you have any project plan or outline on how much ether is going to be sold every year? There are no hard boundaries, right? Technically they could go through the $100 million in one year if thats what they voted on? Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to understand if the DAO is going to tank eth or not.
>>
>>1249969
No, I'm actually a real poster who doesn't know what this shit is. I just assumed it was like bitcoins where there is a small chance they might blow up. I'm not a shill or working with anyone and I honestly have no fucking clue what this stuff is.
>>
>>1250025
Yeah it's all vote based so proposals approved will be funded based on the terms of the contract but I doubt anybody would be OK with the fund running a zero balance in the case of potentially great proposals coming up and we have no budget to jump on them. No hard limit is set but even with that I'm sure the payout is incremental with termination as a penalty of not meeting some conditions. Most investors are actually pretty rich. Note that it jumped from 108 million to 20 million in about an hour this morning. More than likely once large investor did that. These are the kind of people with experience in investing that wouldn't just toss an unlimited budget to some startup proposal and blow the fund in a year.
>>
>>1246374
>>1246399
If the devs made one mistake already, I don't think this is a good tihng to invest in.
>>
>>1250022
>I'm a stupid nigger with no clue what I'm talking about
>muh Russian scam
Cope harder faggot
https://etherscan.io/tx/0x13aa3cde1c3f6131805894a2e634da6468ae19768ba4cb85e00f489c6b53f2e7
Funny thing about a block chain.
https://etherscan.io/txs?a=0xbb9bc244d798123fde783fcc1c72d3bb8c189413&p=1
First page is a guy buying like 40k worth of DAO followed by a bunch of 50 dollar purchases.
>>
>>1250039
>mistake
Implying it's not doubling down on last minute hype
>>
>>1250031
Sorry, I don't believe you. I've seen too many people ask the same exact question in the same exact way that you did.

Lie harder, I guess.
>>
>>1250061
Oh did I say something that made you angry? Sorry, it's just the truth. No need to feel threatened by the truth, shill.
>>
>>1250076
ok well, your call is wrong and you're a faggot. Those other people are probably just hapless people like me who found this thread and want to know more
>>
>>1250086
>get BTFO by actual evidence of the majority of finding being from large sources and not just millions of penny investors
>lol u, you mad??
Yeah OK. Just do the math. 45000 transactions to the DAO account. That's an average of 2700 dollars per investors. But looking at the transaction log it's clearly not an even distribution.
Stay paranoid. Your panic will look excellent when viewed from the moon.
>>
Is this like a bitcoin? How is it different? How much does one cost?
>>
>>1250124
Oh yeah.. the moon. Right, cause so many of these other scams have gone to the moon this past year. See the thing is, whether this or any other pump and dump goes up or down doesn't matter to me, cause I didn't buy it. My well being does not depend on herpcoin, derpcoin, or durrcoin. Your evidence is meaningless. I've been right every time, about every single one of these things since I started telling the truth in these threads. That's all the evidence I need.
>>
File: ASDAO2.png (6KB, 651x651px) Image search: [Google]
ASDAO2.png
6KB, 651x651px
>>1250126

Bitcoin is like a currency. A UNIT of value!
There are many other Cryptocurrencies out there. The only other one that is usefull beside bitcoin is Eth, which is the Ethereum tokens. now, the DAO is completely different. The DAO is a smart contract, basically a POOL OF MONEY. You send it ether... you get tokens! If you send 1 eth, you get 100 DAO tokens. This giant pool of fucking money is going to be used to build the next generation of the internet and the Internet of things! it's basically a joint Venture capital fund that can really do anything that the token holders vote for! if they vote to mine a fucking asteroid for profit, and it passes.. then they fucking will do just that!

The future is now you faggots!
>>
>>1250133
i turned 600 bucks to 10,000 you dumb faggot during the Eth presale!
It must suck to be tech illiterate
>>
>>1250105
"look at me, I'm a hapless idiot".

Ok well at least you're being honest then. I admit I was wrong about you.
>>
>>1250126
Ethereum is a network for running decentralized applications (dapp). Apps that run on several nodes that are operated by the users and can't be taken down by say some assmad government that doesn't like what it does.
Dapp need gas to run and that gas is 'purchased' with ether. For instance you could have some simple application that takes 3 eth a year to keep running based on the computations it runs on the network.
Ether like mentioned is the currency that runs the ethereum network.
The DAO is a crowd funded venture capital fund that is being created right now. You can buy tokens with ether. Currently 1.1 ether per 100 tokens. Those tokens give you the ability to vote on proposals that are presented to the DAO and take some proportion of profits from successful projects.
Currently 1 ether is about $11.30 and can be purchased with bitcoin. Maybe a few exchanges go straight to ether. Not sure.
>>
>>1250142

;) we are not going to just make money... we are going to make a SHIT TON OF MONEY
>>
>>1250133
>eth goes from $.30 to currently almost $12 in a few months
>not the moon
Ok kid. Show me a regular symbol with that kind of upward movement recently.
>>
>>1250140
Hypothetically speaking, because you're most likely just lying through your teeth, because that's what shills do.. but hypothetically speaking if you did buy etherm during the presale, then you bought it way before it was ever shilled on here. In other words, nothing you saw here had anything to do with your good fortune.

But you're probably lying though, because the whole point of a pump and dump is to mislead people into buying something by making it out to be worth more than it really is.
>>
>>1250148
>any gains I missed was just a pump and dump
C O P E
O
P
E
>>
>>1250148
Sure, it wasn't on 4chan! but even then, everyone was calling it a pump and dump and shitcoin and because of you dumb faggots, i didn't trust my gut and didn't put as much in there. I could have done a lot more! not this time faggots!! not this time!! this time.... im going to fucking retire!!!
>>
Also, how come the first line out of your mouths is always 'faggot' or 'nigger'? Is it because you're actually a bunch of 13 year old kids? It is, isn't it, don't lie. I'm taking on a bunch of 13 year old boys from the eastern bloc, and that's why it's really no challenge, because you got nothing but weak shit. All right I got things to do. But I'll be back for you all later. Don't go nowhere.
>>
>>1250164
>Also, how come the first line out of your mouths is always 'faggot' or 'nigger'? Is it because you're actually a bunch of 13 year old kids? It is, isn't it, don't lie. I'm taking on a bunch of 13 year old boys from the eastern bloc, and that's why it's really no challenge, because you got nothing but weak shit. All right I got things to do. But I'll be back for you all later. Don't go nowhere.

this faggot!
I delivered and now you run away like a little cock-sucking cockroach
>>
>>1250164
Because you're being a nigger faggot even though we've answered your loaded questions and backed out claims.
>>
>>1250167
>>1250172
That guy is a troll but why do you guys stoop lower than his level? He's just trying to b8 you in to acting like idiots. There is over $100m in funding for the DAO and this thread looks like a bunch of teens fighting over monopoly. Have a little class, this is business, not personal. Represent us better.
>>
>>1250215
Not that it matters since the major investors are way out of the pay range of anybody here but if we allow him to spread blatant lies without calling him on his bullshit, it reflects poorly on the community and stop potential growth.
>>
>>1250219
You can call him out more professionally without acting like you live in a trailer park.
>>
File: 1453024092105.jpg (126KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1453024092105.jpg
126KB, 1092x1037px
>>1250251
>implying I'm not a Sudanese refugee living in a UN provided tent
>>
For all people saying that the dao will cause too much ether to be sold and thus decrease its price:
The only ones who can do that are contractors and token holders who get dividends. The token holders will only be able to get ether from dao profits, so no ones gonna sell a large portion of the ether held in the dao on that end. While it is true that the contractors can and will sell the ether they get from the dao, the payments they make back to the dao (including interest) will be in ether aswell so they will have to buy more ether than they sell.
>>
>>1250172
>these are the type of people buying these shitcoins
Topkek. No thanks, I'll pass.
>>
>>1250269
/biz/ im out of the loop just got back into cryptos Last I was here ETH was blowing up to $15 and popped to $7. Tell me about or direct me where to learn about this Dao.
>>
>>1250285
oops didnt mean to reply to anyone, ignore that.
>>
>>1250286
install mist. send eth. get dao tokens.
>>
i have about 5k dao and 50 eth. should i keep the eth or go all in on dao?
>>
>>1250331
50/50 is good.
>>
why do I want DAO instead of ETH?
>>
>>1250393
DAO is for the venture fund. As it generates more profit for holders, people will want in but to get in you need ether which will drive up ether costs which will make the DAO worth more. Keep both to some degree.
>>
if someone doesnt have ether are they able to purchase dao with money?
>>
>>1250659
with money? you mean with USD? because ether is money as well. and the answer is no. you need to buy dao tokens with ether.
>>
>>1250684
how do I invest then?
>>
>>1250757
Get bitcoin. Shapeshift to ether. Buy DAO tokens. Not that hard. Ffs
>>
>>1246332
What does it do?
>>
>>1250825
equity in a Venture capital fund
>>
>>1250485
How do I get ETH ? mining ? buying it ?
>>
>>1251414
It does equity in a venture capital fund?
>>
>To obtain DAO tokens, follow the wizard below or send ETH from your Ethereum Wallet (NOT an exchange) to The DAO’s address below.

Wait, so I send them my ETH... and then what?
>>
>>1252836
You get to own part of the DAO
>>
>>1252852
And how do I collect my DAO?
>>
>>1252868
What the fuck is it? What does it do?

It looks like someone stole the porn hub logo and is trying to sell it to people.
>>
>>1247975

fellow pokerbro? lol
>>
>>1252929
Daohub.org
Just fucking read and do your own research.
>>
>>1253172
Sounds pretty gay, desu.
>>
>>1253175
As long as you came to that opinion on your own. Just don't bitch when everyone is literally doubling their initial investment.

>daily reminder that DAO tokens started at 10 cents a share and will likely go up to a dollar pretty quickly
>>
>>1253177
Naw.
>>
File: ok.jpg (29KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
29KB, 375x305px
>>1253186
See you there.

For reference, ether started at about 30 cents after raising I believe 30 million on the ico. This is effectively a third the price for what is a 140 million dollar and climbing ico. If you don't think it's undervalued well...
>>
>>1253192
Eh... naw.
>>
>>1253172
In other words you have no idea.

Anyone? What the fuck is this shit and why would anyone want it?
>>
>>1253309
Already explained it. The tokens are equity in a venture capital fund. You get a vote on proposals proportional to the amount you hold. It can be traded on exchanges like regular equity.
Do your own research if you want more detail.
>>
>>1253318
If I wanted to invest in a venture capital fund why would I not use a real one, with real money, and real people who know what their doing running it?
>>
do I buy this shit or what?
>>
>>1253335
This is the first of its kind. Do you want to be apart of history or not?
>>1253364
If you want. Either you risk a few grand and lose it or you become wealthy. Your choice.
>>
>>1253667
He's right, you have a few grands to lose but everything to gain.
>>
File: jointheclub.gif (87KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
jointheclub.gif
87KB, 500x284px
Now, somebody explain to me please what this all is about. I feel like I'm missing an investment opportunity here.
>>
I have 25,000 DAO
On a scale of 1 to Fucked, how fucked am I?
>>
>>1253756
Six ways from sunday
>>
>>1253756

You're a fucking tool. Should have kept the ETH.
>>
>>1253843
LOL
People who call others tools usually have a complex and are miserable retards.
DAO is a revolutionary thing, I wonder where the journey will take us.
>>
>>1253962
Probably to poorville. Send a postcard when you get there.
>>
>>1253962

Ethereum is revolutionary, 'the D'OH' is a meme.
>>
>>1253732
See
>>1253172
>>
>>1253172
I like how this generations idea of "doing research" entails reading about something online. Thats not research.
>>
>>1254388
>t.- some faggot baby boomer that is scared by the internet
Here's the definition of research.

>the systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts and reach new conclusions.
If you want to know about the DAO, look up sources relating to the DAO, find facts and come to your own conclusions based on those facts. It's literally research. Where else but the internet would you find sources on an internet based technology that was released less than a month ago?
>>
This seems like a scam to snap up ETHERS, just like that last piece of shit crowdfunding campaign was.

Gave them 5.00 ETH and have nothing to show for it, don't even remember the name of that scam, lol.

I'm gonna sit this one out, fuck off.
>>
>>1254417
>It's literally research.
No. It isnt.
>>
>>1249223
talk about balls deep...you def smashed thru the cervix on this one lol
>>
>>1254480
>nu uh!
nice counter argument
>>
>>1254499
I don't need one. You put the definition in your own post. It literally says "systematic investigation". Reading about something and not having any way to cross reference or verify if the information you are reading is factual does not qualify as research.
>>
Cucks, the lot of you.

This shit is why you will never make it

>>1254417
The thing is with all these 'sources' they have a vested interest as in they want clicks on their article or they themselves have money invested, in any case its easy to be an expert in 'potential' and spout buzzwords on muh blockchain and why some irrelevant feature will be the difference between this and every other failed memecoin experiment.

I bet you could 'research' bitcoin and lead yourself to believe it is the greatest thing ever too

You all need take a step back and remind yourselves of why the smartest financial investors in the world with billions to trade and invest with wouldn't touch your shitty internetbux with a barge pole.

they are fuelled by literally LITERALLY nothing but memes, speculation, NEETs who think they are the next warren buffet and the silk road

But hey, this coin [[ponzi scheme]] is different, right guys? lmao.
>>
>>1254503
Systematic just means not random. Where else but the internet would you find information on the DAO? I linked the site for the DAO which contains the details on what it is as well as links to the original documentation. It's research. The sources are relevant to the topic. You think you're going to find anything on something literally 3 weeks old in a research journal. Get fucked.
>>
>>1254506
What in your book would be a qualified non biased source for an explanation of "what is the DAO?"
Fortune wrote an article on it as well.
http://fortune.com/2016/05/18/atlanta-falcons-stadium-food/
It's been said multiple times in the thread that the DAO is an ether based venture capital fund with the tokens giving you equity in that fund and the proportional right to vote on proposed funding ideas. That's literally it. If you can't find that out by reading the site or through your own research then don't invest.
>>
>>1254524
>You think you're going to find anything on something literally 3 weeks old in a research journal.
This is why it is impossible for you to be doing "research" on the DAO. The absolute best you can hope for is finding information that may or may not be factual. You have no fucking idea how to verify if it is factual because there is literally no sources you can go to where someone else has done research that you can cross reference (where they systematically investigated the claims and verified them through first hand evidence). Even if there was, that wouldnt be research either. You would be relying on someone elses research. In all reality you are a clueless participant that takes everything that you read online and assumes it is fact. Just because you form an uneducated opinion does not make you a researcher, it makes you an observer.
>>
>>1254555
Finding factual information is research. Period. You're conflating research with writing a scholarly article. If the daohub site makes a claim, look further into it to confirm if it's true or not. That link is your first source. It's up to you how deeply you'd like to dig.
>>
>>1254573
>Finding factual information is research.
Nope. Verifying if that information is really factual or not is research. You have no way to determine the authenticity of their claims. What you are doing is not research. It's just not.

>You're conflating research with writing a scholarly article.
Nope. Not once.
>>
Genuinely speechless

How can any of you think this fund will invest well when decisions are made by thousands of NEETs on the basis of shit like start up investment pages when experts take weeks to make decisions with thorough research

Add on top of this to the fact its based on a (soon to be) wildly fluctuating, USELESS internet currency that has no real world application whatsoever

ANNDDD

people can withdraw at any time with no commitment.

When the bubble pops it will fucking implode. The mix of collapsing ethereum price and investors running at the first sign of trouble means this shit is dead before it has even started
>>
>>1254597
You dont know how it works. All you've read is second hand claptrap.
>>
>>1254597
Your argument is empty.
>>
>>1254601
>second hand claptrap.

you could argue that everything written about the future of DAO is subjective yes, maybe good decisions will be made and maybe eth isnt just another failed memecoin in the making (both very unlikely)

But if you dont see how non commitment of investors will kill this fund then you are beyond hope. Think about for 5 minutes, the entire capital base could disappear over night (thats if Ethereum its self doesn't disappear too)

You're doubling down on the risk of ethereum AND this fund collapsing in the hope that NEETs in a democratic system will make good returns in a world where harvard educated investors get it wrong all the time and more and more start ups are failing every day

no words for this shit, none at all
>>
>>1254587
How would you know it's factual unless you verified that it was factual?
>>
>>1254597
>thousands of neets making choices
voting power is based on equity. At 150 million spread across about 50,000 transactions that's about 3000 per banker. But if you look at the actual transactions, most are no more than 5 ether. Look at the first page 1 in 25 transactions is some significant amount. That one backer has more say than all the other neet combined throwing in $20 for the DAO.
https://etherscan.io/address/0xbb9bc244d798123fde783fcc1c72d3bb8c189413

In essence the DAO is primarily funded by large sum investors. It's in safe hands as their goal is huge ROI.

>experts take weeks
Votes on the DAO last two weeks. Do some research at least.

>currency
Despite what day traders tell you, ether isn't meant to be a currency or replace bitcoin. It's fuel to run the ethereum network. If the DAO proves valuable, you can bet ether will go up in value with it.

>pull out
You don't get a full refund for burning your tokens in exchange for ether. It can be traded on exchanges but that just allows others to pick it up and get voting power for themselves.
>>
>>1254631
You wouldnt. Information, especially in the internet, should always be taken with a grain of salt. Just reading about something and forming an opinion is not research.

>what are you doing son?
>i'm researching the DOA. they say on their website that they are a venture fund and that my money is safe
>thats nice, son. what evidence have you collected to show they are genuine?
>they say it right here. its right on the page, mom.
>that's not research son...
>oh mom. you will never understand revolutionary technology
>>
>>1254678
That's my point familio. Do research and find facts. First step is the source in question. Look at what they claim and see if it's true or worth investing in. Are you autistic or do you actually need to be this obtuse in everything you do?
>>
>>1254690
>Do research and find facts.
Going on their website to get information has nothing to do with either research or finding facts.
>>
>>1249219

So everyone can vote but only the rich can actually call the shots? Tell me again how this is different from american democracy...
>>
>>1254695
How do you know what principles to question without going to the original source? You have no fucking hypothesis to prove or disprove without first going to their website, reading their claims and finding how they align with reality. Keep digging that hole.
>>
>>1254700
In American democracy, everyone gets one vote and based on your state you get a certain amount of delegates proportional to your state. Based on which candidate wins the popular vote of your state, the delegates will vote for that candidate. While they have no legal obligation to vote in the direction of the popular vote, they would catch endless shit for doing otherwise.

DAO voting is one vote per token held. The more tokens a person holds, the more capital they have invested into the DAO. If can also be that assumed that anybody investing over 100,000 USD into the DAO probably got that money through a strong understanding of investment. Or at least more than the average neet poorfag. Why should you have as much say as somebody that 3 million USD deep into the DAO?

>implying following ideas of literally the richest country in the world is a bad thing for a venture capital fund
Sweden please.
>>
>>1254709
Lol you are dense. Of course you have to hear the original clains in order to research them. My point is that just hearing a claim does not constitute research no matter how bad you think it should. There is no investigation there. You are taking all of the claims made by the DOA and treating them as factual.
>>
>>1254736
>You are taking all of the claims made by the DOA and treating them as factual.
Except every time you claim this I've told you it only starts by reading that site. If you take it all at face value you're a fool. Look into it, see what they claim, see if it aligns with reality.
>>
>>1254743
>Look into it, see what they claim, see if it aligns with reality.
You literally have no way of doing this. Sorry kid, you are no researcher.
>>
Lets see what happens.

Ive got 44,800 DAO

I'll either be on my way to a million pounds or about 4 grand lighter
>>
>>1254763
80,000 here

You and me both brother
>>
>>1254748
>literally have no way to do this
Maybe if you're tech illiterate. Code published to the ethereum network is open source. Before running the DAO contract you can read exactly what it will do. Proposals that are voted on are just ethereum contacts so you can freely read the terms. Money sent to the DAO account is all tracked on the block chain so you can see the sources.
What exactly do they claim that can't be independently verified?
I'll wait.
>>
>>1254767
>What exactly do they claim that can't be independently verified?
Pretty much the whole manifesto and principles lmao. I am also not saying it can't be independantly verified by an unbiased 3rd party who is able to collect evidence and research said claims. I'm just saying that what you personally are doing, is not research.
>>
>>1254786
>the manifesto
All of the things mentioned are brought to reality by virtue of being on the block chain. Read the DAO contract and you can see how voting works so the democracy part is all in. You could argue that it's not democracy because you can buy more votes Really the only thing you could argue isn't true would be free speech since the site hosts a moderated forum. But again ethereum runs on the block chain where messages can be encoded into transactions.

Sorry you don't understand the tech but that doesn't mean it's a lie or something that can't be verified. It just means it's over your head and you're better off not investing in it.
>>
>>1254830
So yeah the only false part of that it's democracy. In reality it's a plutocracy but I can't think of why that's a bad thing for a vc fund. It's only bad when social services come into the equation.
>>
>>1254830
> Read the DAO contract
Reading isn't research.

>Sorry you don't understand the tech
Lol that's the shill go-to argument. "You just don't understand it!" There's really not much to understand. Seriously.

>doesn't mean it's a lie or something
It doesnt mean the devs are telling the truth either. It could be another Karpeles situation for all we know.

You're going off on a tangent though. Let's get back to the original point that people can't "research" the DAO by going on their website. That's like saying you can research the global war on terror by watching fox news.
>>
>>1254885
>reading isn't research
Negro, the contract is code. Reading is absolutely research unless you can't read code. It can't do anything it's not told to do within that block of code. It's not even that long a block. Same goes for the contact that will run the proposal. The fact that you're conflating a legal contract with the kind ethereum uses shows you've got no clue about any of it.
>le I like to argue things I don't understand guy
I'm literally a fucking software engineer. When I say 'you don't understand it' I mean on a technological level. Not like your parents don't understand you. I think we're done here.
>>
>>1254597

The top token holder has 39M or 3.5% of total.
The top 100 token holders collectively hold 46% of all token. You can't get into the top 100 with less than 1.5M

The NEETs are irrelevant
>>
>>1254912
No matter how you try to twist it, reading words on a website is not the same as "research". There is no investigation going on or cross reference of facts. To ask people to go on the website to "research" the DAO is silly. That's not what research is.

>I'm literally a fucking software engineer.
Lol

>When I say 'you don't understand it' I mean on a technological level
Ah but I do. That's a pretty big assumption you make. I haven't even argued anything technical.

>I think we're done here
No we aren't. You will be back to say post some other stupid response.
>>
>>1246332

Can I buy straight from an exchange or do I need an ETH wallet?
>>
>>1255144
This is a long conversation chain of silly nonsense, and it looks like you initiated the exchange with a cunty sweeping generalization. Go to bed grandpa
>>
>>1255144
Man stfu. You literally have no argument
>>
>democratically electing investments
what kind of idiot thought of this
>>
>>1255213
That's what i thought at first but when you look at it closer, it resembles a true western democracy. The top 0.5% of the wealthiest hold the majority share of tokens and therefor control of the DAO. The remaining 99.5% are deluded plebs who believe in the delusion of "choice" and think they matter.

I'm in it for the inevitable post-release pump'n'dumps. Let the bots do their work on the exchanges for 6 months. There's always greater fools.
>>
>>1255189
>>1255197
Don't you have some DAO to go "research" or something?
>>
>>1255297
I did all the research i needed to do. All you have is some sour grapes
>>
Please explain why this can't happen:

>be rich
>get 51%
>put up contract via strawman
>get my own money + 49%
>>
>invest life savings into crypto-currency democratically elected venture capital fund
>first investment is in national bank of greece
>lose life savings
>>
>>1255306
Curators, and the ability to split
>>
>>1255299
Did you read sone information on the DOA? Good for you. You are literate. That's not research however.
>>
>>1255309

That makes sense.

What about this then:

>be rich
>get 51%
>bribe curator
>put up contract via strawman
>get my own money + 49%
>>
Isnt Ether just a meme designed so people can trade derivatives without the government breathing down their neck?
>>
>>1255315

>Be rich
>Put up over $75M assuming i can even buy the tokens at cost from the controlling 50% (you wont)
>bribe curators (more outlay)
>no guarantee the remaining 49% will follow you into the contract
>only guaranteed my initial outlay - bribe costs as a return

The real question is, how the fuck did this bozo get rich in the first place doing dumb shit like this? Must be some Chinese billionaire's kid.
>>
>>1255317
Yes that's all. Just like electronic dollars are a meme designed to trade goods while the government breathe's down your neck. It's just a matter of personal preference for uncle Sam's breath. Nothing revolutionary too see here. Nope.
>>
>>1255345
>Nothing revolutionary too see here.
First thing I have agreed with out of everything you have posted in the thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 720x960px
>>1255345
People said the same thing about Apple 20 years ago. Looks how it turns out.
>>
>>1255345
Maybe you should refrain from using sarcasm. Your cryptotards buddies are not known for being the sharpest tools in the shed and are not going to pick up on such nuances.

Case in point >>1255442
>>
>>1246332
Someone explain to me how this is not a ponzi sheme
>>
>>1255764
It's not a ponzi scheme.

The dao is a crowdfunded investment organisation
>>
>>1255768
>promises exciting new investment opportunity
>promises lots of money for everyone
>fully digital, so no precedent in law
>no accountability
>nothing stopping the guy running the show from simply shutting up shop and leaving with the money

I will be amazed if this is not a scam
>>
>>1255776
>nothing stopping the guy running the show from simply shutting up shop and leaving with the money

>I have no idea how ethereum contracts work: the post
>>
>>1255776
>>nothing stopping the guy running the show from simply shutting up shop and leaving with the money
Well that's where you're wrong.
>>
>>1255776
Hello, you appear to be thick as fuck
>>
>>1255776
I think the block chain is like an old timey bank where you can just walk away with money.
Mtgox managed it because the money was in their exchange. It's theirs to manipulate which is why you don't keep large sums on an exchange.
>>
>>1255313
>>1255297

Define research dipshits.

I think you are just some old fags who are only now realizing people have the ability to say something that isn't true.

We call that lying, friends. Yes, you do have to look out for that sort of thing when you are researching. Yes, people lied even way back before the internet was around.
>>
>>1256289
>still thinks reading about something online is research
Topkek
>>
How hard is it to get the DAO to invest in my business?
>>
File: DAO.png (48KB, 1557x1561px) Image search: [Google]
DAO.png
48KB, 1557x1561px
>>1254764
35,000 reporting in.
:D im buckling up! seat is in the upright position. All my electronics are off! LETS GO FAGGOTS
>>
>>1246332
>The DAO. If considered a general partnership, each partner would then be held jointly and severally responsible for all liabilities of the business, and all personal assets of each partner are subject to seizure or lien by creditors. Thus, the parties to a DAO may have unlimited potential liability for the entity’s actions. The lack of regulatory recognition will thus limit the utility of DAOs for risk-mitigation.

have fun getting cucked by lawyers
>>
>>1256730
>DAO funds a terrorist organization
>US attorney general tries to prosecute
>lol who you gonna arrest? Everyone sells their DAO tokens for eth before things get messy and start over in a new DAO
Wow, that was hard.
>>
>>1256382
You buy 200 DAO tokens ($20 at lowest price), you make a proposal with that, and people can vote on it with their DAO tokens.

Outside of that, I don't know what to tell you
>>
>>1255776
That isn't how Ethereum contracts work
>>
>>1256769
>yeah sure officer my gang sold crack cocaine but i quit my gang i'm now with a new gang please don't prosecute!
>>
>>1256805
Good luck arresting half a million people scattered across the globe
>>
>>1256805
It's more like
>torrenting movies is illegal but tracking down everyone that did it is hard or next to impossible for any meaningful sentencing
>find the one crazy fuck that downloaded 30 TB of illegal content and slap him with a fee to scare others
>literally nothing changes and we all find a new tracker
If they catch anybody it'll be some whale with huge funds. Nobody here.
>>
Rumor has it the Ethers raised with the DAO project will mostly be invested in LISK

Vitalik sold 25% of his ether to get LISK

Price prediction LISK $30.000
>>
>>1256851
You lisk shills are literally so transparent at this point I think potato
>>
>>1256966
>implying eth shills arent more transparent
I actually like the lisk shills. Lisk is going to moonshot just because everyone is tired of the eth faggotry. I might even buy some lisk and start shilling it.
>>
I just bought 1200 Dao tokens
>pls don't be a mistake
>>
What's the DAO token to ETH ratio? I bought 140 ETH at an avg price of $11.90 USD months ago and now that it's finally going back up I moved 40 onto kraken so I can set up sell orders. If this shit hits $20 I'll sell everything.
>>
>>1250138
>money as voting power

g-great future we've built huh guys...
>>
>>1257277
>sell at $20
Your a fucking idiot. Just hold until it reaches $100.
>>
>>1257291
What if never does though. What if $20 is the highest it ever goes?
>>
>>1257295
>not understanding the tech THIS much
It's literally impossible for it to not reach bitcoins marketcap.
>>
>>1257303
Well in the meantime, I'm getting while it's there to get.
>>
>>1257303
How does the inflation rate of Eth play into the market cap? How is the inflation compared to a similar point in bitcoin's development?
>>
>>1257295

A decision was made to have Ether divisible to 18 decimal places. Their prediction was that this shit will one day run the whole internet. 1 ETH has the potential to be worth millions or more, but far into the future.
>>
File: dropbox wat.png (11KB, 568x453px) Image search: [Google]
dropbox wat.png
11KB, 568x453px
Just got an interesting phishing email. Contents are a .exe and wallet.js with obfuscated code. Gonna fire up a VM and see what fun we can have.
>>
>>1257336
Is it true that the system can only verify something like 24 transactions a second which is only a few times more than bitcoin? If so couldn't it not run the internet, or is it scaleable?
>>
>>1247975
Whale is also a term used in sales to describe a large prospect with lots of money to spend.
>>
>>1257336
Yeah but the Internet runs just fine without it.
>>
>>1257362
A whale means a mark in poker, you know, a BIG FISH. I think cryptoheroes didn't know what it meant and turned into meaning their imaginary 'big investors'. that are going magically dump $$$ into their grubby little hands.
>>
what will DAO even vote on

i dont quite understand
>>
>>1257380
They will vote on what to invest in/fund.

DAO is just a pool of money which will be controlled by one elected person + a more money more votes system.

I have no fucking clue why you would want to put any money into it however. Crypto is shady as fuck at the best of times and very prone to being stolen and disappearing into thin air. Why you would give it to someone in exchange for something they simply made up is beyond my comprehension. I also have no idea why you would think giving control of your money to unknown strangers would be a good idea.

Also whenever someone says "just invest a little you could be rich" you should nope the fuck out. That's the same logic people who buy lottery tickets rely on, and it's fucking shit.
>>
>>1257380
Slock.it will be pumped.
That's the first one to be funded I bet.
Either way you're investing in Vitalik, everything else is a guess. It has paid to bet on Vitalik so far.
>>
File: 1457720395196.png (612KB, 1200x2102px) Image search: [Google]
1457720395196.png
612KB, 1200x2102px
>>1252724
>>
>>1257373
lol! Was just surprised he didn't know the business version of the term.
>>
>>1246332
Do none of you idiots know what a pyramid scheme is?
>>
>Massive Dump Incoming

Vitalik planning to sell 30% of his Ether announced on CNN

>Bill Gates confirmed he will buy LISK

LISK price prediction $30.000
>>
>>1260471
what a sad attempt you make in all threads to shill your shitcoin
Thread posts: 230
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.