[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Failure's Guide to Starting Something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (180KB, 1191x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180KB, 1191x1200px
>Uhh I'll start a pressure washing business for bikes
>Uhh I'll make a $.99 cent iphone app that helps you find bricks but it will cost thousands to develop so I'll have to sell thousands of units without any marketing experience duuh

The ideas on this board are a nightmare. I HATE posting on biz, but these threads are getting to fucking annoying.
>>
>Choose a high price point
This tip alone will make you have less retarted ideas. As a general rule, thing's that are a low price point, are only done by companies who have a ton of money and leverage. You want to make a $.99 cent app? You don't have the resources or leverage to have that make money. Instead, how about making an app for $99 bucks a month for local small businesses? THEN you have to focus on really adding value. Plus, it will take less customers to validate the idea. Since 3 could potentially pay for the whole thing.

>Get experience in a field first
It's almost impossible to make something valuable without having built a career over a series of years in one specific field. (Some people do it, but for autists like you and I, we actually need experience) Working in a field is the best possible way to get ideas for inventions / start-ups / softeware. Because you will daily see problems, and you will daily think of solutions. Plus since you'll get an idea of budgets in your field, you'll get a good idea of what you can actually charge realistically.

>Build leverage first
95% of launches and successes are done because an inventor had LEVERAGE. What is leverage? think of it like building something up, that you can cash in later.

Examples -
• an email list of people to sell to
• a large following on social media (of people to sell to)
• a ton of business contacts
• A ton of testimonials (of people in your field who prospective customers would trust)
• Access to certain software (that would help you build/market/sell your tool
• Access to certain events (that help you promote your product)

RECAP:

• You've built a solid career in a field
• You've seen a need
• You've prototyped a product / software with a high price point
THEN
• You leverage your existing connections etc to get people to buy it

BAM. People either buy it and you scale, or they don't and you fail (and try again later)

So there ya go.
>>
Did you just copy one of my posts from HN?

It's OK. I don't mind. Keep spreading the message.
>>
>>1246084
No, what even is HN?
>>
>>1246065
This is bad advice. I'm just going to start a pressure washing business and invest the profits into etherium.

Idiot.
>>
>>1246066
but anon I've seen homeless black men Learn how to code and build successful crowdfunded mobile apps !
>>
>>1246134
Hacker News
>>
>>1247053
Link?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.