[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buzzfeed/Vice clone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20160513_200959.jpg (144KB, 572x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160513_200959.jpg
144KB, 572x960px
I plan on creating a website similar to Buzzfeed and Vice that specifically targets people who want to be informed, but are too uneducated and/or lazy to read a boring paper or listen to a boring broadcast.

In order to attract these people and keep their focus:
1 it would need to be more highly opinionated than your typical legitimate news source.
2 to keep them entertained or to get their attention I would put in shit about celebrities or cute dog stuff and general normiebook tier clickbait.

I don't want to bore you guys with all the details, so I'll cut it short. I want to promote it in such a way that it attracts young college students. Not just to view the material, but to submit their own work for free in hopes that it will gain them recognition or so they can be heard or whatever else would motivate then to give me free content. I am aware that to start I'll probably need to pay for content so early viewers of the site will have something to look at until I can get free material rolling in. That is what I'm asking for help with.

What could I do to get my website some material to get started? What should it focus on?

Any other advice will be greatly appreciated.
>>
Focus it on ethereum
>>
>>1245449
I like your idea OP. What do u plan to do to make it stick out from the rest of the other sites like this.
>>
>>1245449
focus on what interests you, theres bound to be people that are just as interested
im looking for a writing gig project, if you want someone to write articles for you for free add me on skype
chatting.woo
>>
>>1245485
I plan on making it seem like it's political/world news that the media is stifling. That along with projecting what millennials really think as opposed to what the previous generation tells us. That should make people reading it feel like they are doing society a favor by being more aware of what's going on behind the scenes. Basically borderline tin foil hat shit but not enough to make it go over the edge like infowars or anything like that.

>>1245526
It'll be at least a month until I get everything sorted out and I start up the website. I appreciate your offer and I'll be in touch. Hopefully we can both get something mutually beneficial from this endeavor.
>>
>>1245590
add simplymagic for >>1245526
>>
host a server (or a few hundred) for a subscription-based, ad-free (with https! lmao) site that shows only gilded Reddit posts and gilded comments on those posts kek

god I say that as a joke, but it would probably work.
>>
>>1245831
DAILY subscriptions. 10ยข a day. I'm a genius.
>>
>>1245822
Added you. gumbyemterprises
>>
>>1245470
fpbp
>>
>>1245831
Can you explain to me why anyone would look at that?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.