[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cryptocurrency IPO futures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: cryptocurrencies.png (233KB, 640x370px) Image search: [Google]
cryptocurrencies.png
233KB, 640x370px
/biz/ I'm thinking of offering a new financial asset based on cryptocurrency IPOs and I'm wondering if there would be any interest here.

My situation is that currently my company does a lot of work in the cryptocurrency space, helping to build new features and innovations for cryptoassets -- and as such -- we often get paid partially in pre-IPO and post-IPO coins / options.

Now what I was thinking is that I could sell those same assets at a fixed price to /biz/ who would then receive the coins pre-IPO (or whatever conditions were agreed upon) so potentially you could obtain promising pre-IPO cryptocurrencies at a much, much, lower rate than what the market would later pay for them at IPO. In addition to that: this would also obviously benefit my company since we would be able to receive payment for our services much earlier than waiting for an IPO which would allow us to do a lot more business than we currently do.

Now serious question: if I were to offer you guys access to valuable / promising pre-IPO assets and legally sell you future ownership rights -- would any of you buy this? (Please answer this question seriously so I know whether to bother with this.)
>>
Bump: tl; dr, would any of you buy pre-IPO crap coin futures?

[Yes] | [No]
>>
Bamp
>>
>>1243636
Sorry, bra. The lack if interest to this thread is because I think /biz/ is a little burnt out on new cryptos. We've been through about 20 in the last couple years. Recently, people took a beating on Eth. Once the DAO is released I think the hype there will die down as well. Cryptos are like flash fires that burn out fast.
>>
>>1243732
Makes sense. Do you think this idea has potential at least?
>>
I've made money off crypto by getting in early.

I found out about all the coins I've invested in from 4Chan.

If there's a way for me to find out about worthwhile coin's earlier I'd be interested.

You kind of need the aggregate of 4Chan to find one worth it though. People spending a lot of time shilling a coin you've never seen shilled before... Get in early, get out early. No one ever went broke taking a profit.

Basically I'm not good Nguyen to buy a coin just cuz one guy says itself good, I need to see a bunch of idiots shilling it.

Also it needs to be trump coin.
>>
>>1243736
Depends on cost. I don't think there's any real money on this board, not enough to make it worthwhile for you.
I would only start parting with money once I saw it being traded on an exchange, before then it could be vaporware for all I know.
>>
>>1243736
Me personally? Naw. I think that new crypto IPOs have done really well lately. If you had got in on the Eth IPO you could have made some serious ROI (assuming you sold a month or so ago). DAO IPO did really well too. I think the tokens might be worth more after this is over. I can't see this being at all sustainable though. Eventually people are going to expect this and more people will buying in crypto IPOs than there is actual demand for the crypto which will end up crashing them when the IPO ends as people clamor to see who can sell their stash the quickest. Everything always reaches equilibrium. Even pre-IPO coins at a lower rate would still be too much uncertainty for my taste. Just my personal opinion though.
>>
The best analogy I have for this would be seed stage investment: you're essentially helping to fund a team to build a crapcoin and taking a larger stake in it as a result. The risk for this is obviously much greater but so are your potential profits as you're in at a much earlier stage and at an incredibly lower price (earlier than an IPO obviously.)

The IPO on the other hand - is when there is a cryptoasset to purchase which implies some development has already been done before. People have obviously done crowd funding before for assets that don't yet exist but usually you already need funding to buy an expert team to do that (or be incredibly lucky.) The difference between that and this would be that this would only be available to a select number of investors and only on a more private capacity (so you're avoiding the rush of sheep that come after the IPO.)

Exclusive rights for being in early I guess, in the same way that startup accelerators do seed stage investment for companies that are barely ideas. Benefits: developers get the funding they need to work on assets that otherwise might not have exists and investors make a crap load for believing in a product earlier on after it IPOs.
>>
The DAO will be worth over a billion in a year.
>>
Im interested if legit but i see little chance of doing this in a safe manner (aka without paying upfront before receiving anything).
>>
File: 1459429324258.gif (1MB, 392x400px)
1459429324258.gif
1MB, 392x400px
>>1243776
only way to make money from cryptos is to buy mining time at https://www.genesis-mining.com/a/306840 and the evenly distribute your hash-rate across all significant cryptos
>tfw cant lose
>>
File: TCS.jpg (615KB, 488x1999px) Image search: [Google]
TCS.jpg
615KB, 488x1999px
>>1243636
>>
>>1243912
No it won't idiot. It might be worth that someway, but not in a year
>>
>>1244205
I was thinking I could have a solicitor draft a contract that would protect both sides
>>
File: index.png (3KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
3KB, 300x168px
faggots!
>>
>>1245619
Ethercuck cope.
>>
>>1245619
>>1245640
L-lets try to stay focused. There's already more than enough threads for shilling DAO at the moment.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.