[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

app programmers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I'm in a bit of a trap here.

I'm from a really small app dev company, 4 employees (2 programmers, one marketing guy and hired artist).

Our current app has pretty much reached its user limit and income limit.

It allows us to pay our wages, but is not enough to hire a programmer, because currently programmer rates are much higher than any other professions.

We are from Eastern Europe/Russia.

How do I find a decent programmer who would be able to make simple games without breaking the bank? I'm thinking to offer rev share model on top of base salary since we already have a user base to market to, but most programmers want 20$ an hour starting and that is simply not affordable for such a small Eastern European company as ours.

And ideas and solutions?
>>
>>1240471
Use a pajeet
>>
>>1240471

have a female friend who is a programmer. she got hired for peanuts while still studying. says it was good experience but ofc horrible pay.

maybe you can reach out and try to hire students.
>>
You already have two programmers. If they cannot learn, fire them and hire new ones. Most programmers should be able to handle simple games, especially if it's just 2D OpenGL. If they can't and can't learn, then you can do better.
>>
Hire students. Not that difficult.
>>
>>1240488
No way.

>>1240536
>maybe you can reach out and try to hire students.

Actually tried this, but a lecturer at IT classes advised me against it. He said the students are really shit at their job and will take ages to create a buggy program.

>>1240540
>You already have two programmers. If they cannot learn, fire them and hire new ones.

Wrong. First of all, they are owners of company. Secondly, they spend their time developing the current project (updates, bug fixes, new features). They have no time to start a new project. We need a new person who would be capable. We cannot stop working on current project or we will lose what we have built so far.

>>1240555
It is difficult. If they are good, big companies will hire then for 3k a month. And if they aren't, they will take 3 months to develop a simple game and even then it will crash and be bugged to hell. I spoke to a very experienced programmer/lecturer about this.
>>
>>1240567

What kind of programmer are you looking for?
>>
>>1240569
iOS and Android developer.
>>
>>1240471
Any venture capitalist try to invest in you guys yet? Could try those guys.
>>
>thinly veiled fiverr-type ad
>>
>>1240471
Op. This is a simple situation though I have no qualification to even state this, but even so you aren't going to listen anyways.

From the sounds of it:
You earn money with an app.
The app earns money.
"I don't have money for a programmer"
So.. why don't you earn more money?
I understand you're trying to get a dirt cheap good programmer. But it works like this. Is he good and cheap? Yeah he'll work slow cause its his time. Is he good and fast? He won't be cheap. You want cheap and fast? He won't be good. You're running into the triangle of a decision.
But the real answer is making more money.

Buy how anon. How can I make more money if we reached our cap on our app already. The thing is that you're not marketing enough. Maybe start using adsense words from Google and start doing trial runs of select markets or better yet get your business on Facebook and start running targeted ads that cost you 1/3 or 1/4 of what your app costs or can gain in a few months time. Clearly you're not able to buy a good cheap and fast worker nor are you wanting to settle for a bad cheap yet fast worker. So. Spend your money in marketing over the course of hiring a good one.

We don't know what your app is. Nor do we know how you're marketing it.
What I believe is get a Facebook run ads for 16-25 year Olds or 18-28 females if it's a game or something.
We literally know nothing about your app.. you want us to tell you how to get a developer in a very difficult situation without benefit
As for the third time. Start marketing yourself. The marketerror you have isn't working good enough. He should progressively been bringing in more. So. If you truly want this to work. Do more with your time. Don't work a 9-5 or whatever with your app and then browse 4chan. Get out there and start googling blogs that promote apps offer them free app for a review. YouTube some review channel with a decent following. Find channels and offer affiliate %from everything they sell. market market market.
>>
>>1241333
You obviously are hitting your cap, but someone has to be buying your app for it to make money. There are billions of people on this planet. Go find them rather than the 2k that bought your app.

Go on reddit. Talk to people there. Pm people promoting there.

Run 30 $ targeted ads on Facebook for .5$ a click for the group I suggested.
Then see what your return is on who opt-ed to buy your game.. or do something.. don't just believe another programmer is a solution. You clearly make money so the app must be good enough to sell to even more people.. so.. start selling to more people until the amount of bad reviews or whatever isn't to your liking then start scaling. You're wanting to spend money for a programmer who may or may not bring more money on a "app that isn't scaling to the point where you have money to spend" so. Spend money to get more income. Even then go find reviews if you don't want to spend on marketing. Shill where people have money.
>>
>>1240471
>Make your office hipstery to attract all my fellow young comrades
>Offer internship for no pay because of shitty non-existent eastern european labour laws
>...
>Profit
>>
>>1241547
We don't have an office to be honest. We all work from home.
>>
>>1241333
>Maybe start using adsense words from Google and start doing trial runs of select markets or better yet get your business on Facebook and start running targeted ads that cost you 1/3 or 1/4 of what your app costs or can gain in a few months time.

We thought about this, and this works fine if you get 20-30$ per lead. We get like 1.5$ per one free download, which is rather good, but not comparable to products offered in Facebook ads and Google ads. Apps are too small for this.

The app is an online board game. A classic board game that people can play online against each other.

>As for the third time. Start marketing yourself. The marketerror you have isn't working good enough. He should progressively been bringing in more.

I tried many free and paid marketing methods during the last 4 years. Including paid reviews on sites (which worked best in experience, but we exhausted the sites the app can be reviewed on).

>You obviously are hitting your cap, but someone has to be buying your app for it to make money.

People mostly buy in-game currency to play against each other.
>>
>I want a first class craftsman but not pay him narket value.

Lel op
>>
>>1242165
lel what? How do I compute with Zynga or other huge companies like that?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.