[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Young Guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Money $20.jpg (28KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
Money $20.jpg
28KB, 640x443px
Hey /biz/,

1) Offer advice to an 18 year old on how to not fuck up financially in the long run. Now I said not fuck up not how to become a gazillionare... ETH etc..

2) I have $13,000 in capital and $2,000 of CDS with 8 more years until maturity. How would you diversify the $13,000 to get the most growth over idk 40 years.
>>
Nothing will give you risk free returns. NOTHING.

Here's the best way you can not fuck up. Start reading and learning about markets/finance. Anyone who thinks that they can dump their money into index funds and a be a complacent jackass for the next 10 years is a dumbass. Investing is going to be hard in the future. The last 30 years were special. If you can't see through the bullshit and think for yourself, you will get reamed.

15k is nothing to work with in the short term. Investing in an education will be far more valuable.

Begin with The Intelligent Investor. Then read The Essays of Warren Buffett. If you don't have time for this, then just dump your money into index funds and hope for the best.
>>
>>1238894
Also read as many of these archived articles as you can:

http://www.mauldineconomics.com/frontlinethoughts

Subscribe to that
>>
>>1238869
CDs are old, they got DVDs and blue ray shit now
>>
>>1238894
Education is fully paid for.
>>
File: Captura1.png (54KB, 940x425px) Image search: [Google]
Captura1.png
54KB, 940x425px
>>1238869
>>
>>1238869
where is the sticky?

1) Max out your Roth IRA every year. Buy low-cost diversified index funds or ETFs within your Roth IRA.

2) I would buy low cost diversified index funds or ETFs.

ok OP, if you don't have your Roth IRA started yet, start one. Go to Vanguard.com right now and open a Roth IRA account. fund it fully (5,500/yr) every year. buy low cost index funds or ETFs... like $VOO, $VTI, $VDE, $VXUS, $VIG, $VYM, and $BND. warren buffet recommended 90% in a low cost S&P 500 index fund, 10% in short term bonds.

keep your emergency fund of at least 6 months living expenses out of the market and easily liquid.

read up. https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Bogleheads%C2%AE_investing_start-up_kit
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.