[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternate means of making money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: me copy.png (40KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
me copy.png
40KB, 1280x800px
>in b4 prostitution

I'm not really sure where else to put this question, but I can't take working a normal ass retail job anymore. Just dealing with the hum-drum normal grind is driving me insane and I need something more on my own terms.

I'm good with various Adobe programs, music production, and have a small following online. I would like to work something that is on my own time, even if it's a considerable pay cut. Hell I'm even willing to hear other ideas for jobs/career paths, I just can't do this retail crap anymore.

I've considered getting into telemarketing/customer phone service or whatever but I've heard it's worse than retail. I've tried to look for design jobs around my city, but most are more web design type positions that I'm not very versed in (html/css/java.)

tl;dr Anon needs help because retail is driving him insane.
>>
File: 1461348608711.jpg (47KB, 640x660px) Image search: [Google]
1461348608711.jpg
47KB, 640x660px
>>1234599
>>
>>1234603
t..thanks?
>>
>>1234599

I know that feel mate. Don't go into phone service/telemarketing, just dont go near a job that needs you to have contact with the masses.

Will I.T at a medium company work for you? Basically programming printers and finding lost shit on peoples computers with great free time to milk/grow your following fanbase?
>>
>>1234609
That actually sounds pretty nice, but how do I get into a job like that?

A couple of my friends have also suggested working at a bar/restaurant but that also seems like a dumb field.
>>
> Free food
> Free clothes
> Tons of discounts
> Meet people from across all parts of the world
> Free food
> Can't think of a part time business

wew lad just stay where you are before you make a wrong decision
kids in africa could eat those wages
>>
>>1234617
this is bait, but thanks for your input
>>
>>1234611

It really isnt that complicated, the person who will interview you (lot of times) have no idea what a computer is so you just need charm/alpha attitude. ( a few fake lines in your resume don't hurt, like internship at a remote/close business for exemple).

Don't hesitate to use your connexions, they may know about a position.

I did bartending when i was a student (being a eurofag the TIP game is not the same) but I will never recommend a restaurant, a bar can be alright but you'll get tired of drunk sheeple all the time, great way to save some money doe.
>>
>>1234623
Cool, I'll try it out! thanks for the advice
>>
>>1234599
On a general note, I would like to try and turn the things I mentioned into a livable wage. I just really don't know where to start, I've made decent money doing random graphic design stuff for people but nothing that's livable.

Short of saying fuck it and trying to start a shitty Lets play channel what's a good method of making money over the internet?

In a broader sense I'd l'd love to work a telecommuting type job where I do design works for companies, but I don't really know where to start
>>
I can help you out, OP. I just have a question, what sized kneepads do you wear?
>>
Black hat hacking? Even if you don't make heaps of money from it you'll still have a very valuable skill for upcoming cyber wars.
>>
>>1234808
What are your black hat strategies?
Which faction will you be joining in the
>upcoming cyber wars?
>>
>>1234810
I'm obviously joining the Omnic Federation.
>>
>>1234636
Have you considered freelancing for a while and starting up your own business?

The best way to start:

1. Research how to do it if you don't know
2. Research companies
3. Reach out
>>
>>1234609
>I.T at a medium company
I work IT at a small company, just doing "tech support" ("how do i take screenshot???") for the employees and developing some bullshit websites and ""professional" software", it was nice enough but it's starting to feel pointless because the business is managed by retarded chimps and going under. If you can find a decent company it's basically a sinecure where you can train your coding skills as you like and accumulate experience and work on your degrees. My predecessor went on to become project leader for a big company tripling his salary, I hear he doesn't even code anymore.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.