[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wrongful business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Ok, i assume , or atleast hope, this is the best board to post this to, if i`m wrong please correct me.

So to keep it short. Let`s say someone used to work for an company who sells airline tickets to customers from U.S and Canada. And therefore would have special agreements with companies whom would give them better fares. So the thing here is, this company would cheat software for years, and sell tickets for cheaper than they actually cost. Explanation: A costs, 500$ B costs 700$, A is sold out,although only B available, cheat the system to make it think A is there, sell as A , profit, cheat airlines. Airlines don`t even notice, for long period. Major ones.

So is there any reward for making somebody know they are being rippedoff by someone. Or whatever ?
>>
>>1233897

So it sounds like you are saying that this ticketing company was using a software glitch to cheat the airlines?

Well if you tell the airlines, best case you'll get a pat on the back.

You could contact the ticketing company and threaten to release this info unless they pay you.

There is also the posibility that the airline knows about this issue and does not give a fuck.
>>
shut up pajeet
>>
>>1233897
whistleblower laws - but usually you only get a payoff if the government was getting screwed somehow (like if you uncover medciare fraud - that can be mighty profitable)
>>
Yes , you could say so they are using an glitch on old gds.

That's unfortunate. They should owe me at least something for that.

Wouldn't work that way, they use different consolidators to issue them, so it's problematic to prove.

They don't , they get debit memo from time to time 20k+. It's like 100+ tickets daily , sums up to around 8k+ daily cheated per customer (1+ person traveling).
>>
Would employing offshore workers with us contract count as an screwing goverment. Company is based in USA , but main selling offices at Europe . Ticketing Asia.
>>
Most likely the Airline companies have some kind of bug bountry program where they pay for software bugs.

If you can demonstrate an in-the-wild exploit, they'll pay you more.
>>
UA has bug bounty , but they give miles. I have no use for those.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.