[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GoPro - worth it at $10/share or...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: gopro.png (98KB, 1081x634px) Image search: [Google]
gopro.png
98KB, 1081x634px
are you catching a falling knife?
>>
The only thing they have had going for them in the past year is their promises of coming out with a drone. But after HTC's flop, we know that it's the Chinese alone that rule that market.
>>
>>1233652
htc drone?
>>
>>1233652
buy HTC for pureplay VR memery y/n?
>>
>>1233658
>>1233683
I got their drone mixed up with HTC's wannabe GoPro
>>
>>1233683
HTC for VR? Meh. Might as well buy Facebook; it's a more diverse & stable company.

If you're looking for someone to bet on the VR space that's a cheap buy, look at NVDA. They're the ones that will likely provide the high-end GPUs for VR headsets.
>>
Not much going for them. Consumer spending is going down and gopro sales will probably start falling as well (I think it already has).

Unless they enter the VR space, I don't think the stock will rise for a while. With new tech, i'd go for companies looking at self-driving cars moreso than electric vehicles. Self-driving cars are easier to sell and less infrastructure involved than electric vehicles. Put my money on ford cause they're going for automated taxis it seems
>>
>>1233747
well the idea is that it's a pureplay. i not looking for a diversified VR play. already hold FB anyway, completely independent of VR.

similar with NVDA i'd rather buy into them for their auto sensor and ADAS stuff as opposed to Vr.
>>
>>1233754
Then you should be buying HTC for their smartphone offerings, not their VR.

There is no VR pureplay on the market right now. Everyone in the market is hedged and/or hindered by other markets in the tech sector. HTC might be the closest thing, but if their smartphone sales tank, they'll never make it anywhere with VR because they'll be dead in the water. Besides, adoption for VR will take some time since you need high-end equipment to even be able to use it at this point. The graphics card alone for a VR-enabled machine costs more than the average desktop tower these days.
>>
>>1233758
htc smartphones suck with no upside and the valuation is dirt cheap right now. i need to look at exact numbers again but i'm pretty sure you're just getting free call options at this point by buying HTC, no? assuming you can get the stock without super high commish since its traded in taiwan
>>
>>1233636
Maybe, I always thought that company was shit.
My only regret was not shorting them more aggressively when they were close to $100.
That stock was HTB for months.
>>
>>1233636

Any Europeans in the thread? What website do you use to buy stocks?
>>
>>1234191
CMC markets
>>
>>1234191
TD Trading.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.