[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/ I want to find a job I can work while working at my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1310428349083_0.png (194KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1310428349083_0.png
194KB, 500x333px
Hey /biz/

I want to find a job I can work while working at my current job.

I have enough downtime at my current job to add a part-time workload. I work in administration and want to eventually transition into tech. Naturally, I'm interested in supplementary income but also I want to add skills and experience learned through work in that sector. Specifically I'm probably looking at webdev/full stack/etc stuff. And while I'm looking for such a position, I plan on building a portfolio (and none of the pieces will generate significant income).

Remote positions would make this arrangement possible, but I don't find many that only have a part-time workload...or at least they're not published with that language. I'm wondering though: in work labeled as "contract" (remote) jobs, is it possible to work on a part-time basis? I've seen some such postings with quantified hours, but most do not. Or, if there's some other avenue of getting work-allotments that constitute ~25hrs a week, I'd love to hear it.

Any help?
>>
craigslist
>>
Hey OP, I'm in the same spot as you. But I'm lacking in motivation to get project ideas moving. Maybe we could collaborate to help each other with portfolio development and resume development? Let me know and I'll post my e-mail.
>>
>>1230984

What are your interests or skills? OP here btw.

>>1230977

Yeah, I'm very familiar, but not about contract work in general nor what sort of appointments you can swing. It seems most of the remote contracts expect you to be working with them 1.0 FTE.
>>
>>1230357
Trade futures. The sky is the limit anon, don't be a pussy.
>>
>>1231206

Sure, np. Just set me up with a non-trivial amount of capital and I'll trade away.
>>
>>1231231
>Just set me up with a non-trivial amount of capital and I'll trade away.
no amount of capital is trivial if you actually had what it takes to be successful at trading
>>
>>1231250

You should apply that edge to your trading strategy.
>>
>>1231204
Web development (Ruby/PHP/Python/JS), AI, bots, and sysadmin/devops. I prefer back-end dev but I'm still interested in developing full-stack.
>>
>>1231395

I'm not sure I have anything to offer. My projects are just excuses to learn something (and I have a lot to learn still so...). I'm guessing you're already ahead of me in skillset; all I can imagine is for you to just spin up some relatively useless sites which rely on the tech you know, and just posting them on your resume. I'm pretty sure you're already qualified for a good deal of the part-time remote gigs I see...you just need the portfolio.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.