[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bank debt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How do I out who owns my 5 year old overdraft debt from a bank? I want to pay it off now that I am able to so I can open a real bank account again.

The collectors stopped calling 2 years ago, but it's still on my ChexSystems report under the name of the bank. Do I call the bank and ask?
>>
>>1230093
"How do I find out" should be the first few words there. Sorry I'm a retard.
>>
If collectors have stopped calling about it they've probably written if off as a lose and moved on. Challenge ChexSystems and tell them it shouldn't be on your report. One of two things will happen. They'll drop it off your credit report Tada! Or they'll verify that it's accurate and you'll find out who you have to pay to get it cleaned up. It might be an issue if you're trying to get credit but if all you want to do is open a bank account usually all you need is money.
>>
>>1230118
How do I challenge them?
>>
>>1230093
>Call the bank
This happened to me once w/ Wells Fargo. When I called them on the phone they just said go to the local bank and pay it off there.
>>
>>1230151
Well if I can dispute the debt and get it removed without paying anything then I'd rather do that.
If I can't do that then I'd rather try to negotiate with the collection agency for a pay for delete and 50% payment.
I don't think the bank would do a pay for delete, would they?
>>
I work in credit repair with a company that has to follow crazy regulations (not my biz).

If you're looking to clean up your reports you can get the items removed without paying for them. There is no law that says anything you owe has to be on there in the first place so you dont have to drop a dime to get the item off your report. All you gotta do is challenge, not dispute, the items with the creditors and bureaus to do that.

Keep in mind that this doesnt elimnate the debt, it just cleans up your credit history. You just dont have to pay for it to clean it.
Even if you did that shit can still sit on the reports for up to 7 years as per statute of limitations.
>>
>>1230229
>it can still stay on your report for the SoL
So what's the point then?

Why would I want to do that instead of just paying 25-50% of the amount and getting a pay for delete agreement in writing?
>>
>>1230399
I meant paying your collections can still have the item on your reports for up to 7 years. You dont need to pay them at all to remove the item from the report.
>>
>>1230093
Firstly, if you're opening a bank account to deposit money and have a savings account, I don't think having an unpaid debt will cause the bank to not open depository accounts for you. The only problem with an unpaid debt is that lenders will be reluctant to lend to you except at high rates.

Secondly, as others are saying, challenge the black mark on the report. Be very careful about saying that you owe the money, though, because I believe that extends the statute of limitations for collection of the money.

Of course, if you're going to pay off the debt, then go ahead and claim you owe it. But even if you do that, negotiate it down. The bank has long since sold off the debt to a collection agency for pennies on the dollar. After give years, my feeling is that you could easily settle for twenty-five cents on the dollar as their coming up close to the statute of limitation after which they'll get nothing.
>>
>>1230216
How much overdraft debt are we talking here? I was unaware you could overdraft a checking account by more than a marginal amount... Did you scam the bank, cause it sounds like you did years ago and are wanting to get your shit together jamal.
>>
>>1231328
I've tried to open a checking account multiple times in the last few years. You can't do it if you have a black mark on ChexSystems with normal banks, and you can only do it with a black mark with certain smaller banks and credit unions that have a second chance program if you have paid off the debt.

>>1231336
Roughly $500 from when I was 18. I let an overdraft of $100 go through, couldn't pay it, and they kept adding fines to the amount until they closed the account and sent it to collections. I've been struggling and poorfag since then, but now I've got things together and want to have a real bank account again.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.