[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I stay or should I go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 9r5oNTE.jpg (108KB, 540x543px) Image search: [Google]
9r5oNTE.jpg
108KB, 540x543px
I work for a very big recognizable company that is in a ton of flux. We are hemorrhaging senior leadership not only at the VP level, but above, especially in my division.

We're losing people more close to my corporate position too - I feel like I'm watching the rats abandon ship with the captain. That said, they're looking to promote me. The title change would be huge, the salary increase would be nearly 95%, but there may be an expectation I stick around for a while, up to being contractually obligated if I take the job.

Should I do anything and everything (read: likely a step BACK financially and professionally) to get into a company with a more stable outlook? Or stay the course?
>>
Take the offer, but put out your resume. If the company goes under you'll find another job, more quickly if you're already getting emailed by recruiters, and if not you'll be making twice the money.

What market sector you in, senpai?
>>
>>1229808

Consumer discretionary.

The challenge for me is that I'm not ready to leave my city, and this is more or less the best financial situation here.
>>
>>1229796
sounds like youre being Dick Harpered
>>
>>1229842
>Dick Harpered

I'm not high up enough for that to happen. This is coincidental.
>>
>>1229796

If you end up being contractually obligated to stick around, then the company should be contractually obligated to give you a fairly large severance package if they are forced to lay you off. Is it an executive position?

If you are bound to stick around by contract, I would expect at least one years' salary as part of a severance package.
>>
take it.

why consider potential fluxes in future money, when you have a large cash offer right here right now?
>>
>>1229867

It's an executive position, yes.

>>1229874

Possible reputation, being stuck in a terrible rebuilding project for a while, not knowing the direction of the department before I make a decision that locks me in to a place...
>>
>>1229890
Companies implode all the time. Rarely is a specific individual identified as the point of failure, unless you're in the c-levels, I doubt you'll even get any scrutiny when you look for something else.
>>
>>1229916

I came from a company not long ago (smaller, but recognizable) that had a particularly hard failure in multiple markets, and I was high up enough that no one wanted to touch me for a bit - despite being hamstrung by company policy. It wasn't until I quit that I started to get opportunities, so I've ended up where I am now. (Which looked great until recent danger signs.)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.