[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Government Employees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (54KB, 700x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 700x395px
Okay, people in my family and network constantly hate on government employees. I took government accounting in college and truly enjoyed it.

Looking for a career in govt finance or accounting. But what's with this stigma? The benefits are better, but the pay is lower. Job security but little upward mobility. But civil service should be a noble pursuit right? I feel like it's also a bit of a racial thing too. Any opinions? Any explanation for societies viewpoint?
>>
Generally super easy job

I think we get looked down upon and hated mostly by the lower middle class because we do the same easy work for double their pay.

There is strong job security (work public transportation and literally impossible to get fired), great benefits, good pension plan and there is room for upward movement (for those willing to go). A lot of employees complain about nepotism and they're not wrong, but nepotism doesn't completely stop you from moving up.

A lot of it is based on seniority more than skill though.

You'll never get passed upper middle class in a government position (which you probably would not have unless you were in a top school for STEM or medical anyways).

It can be pretty boring and routine though. Days tend to be the same but atleast if your schedule says 40 hours, you can expect those 40 hours and anything over is overtime. You don't have to bust your ass as you would in private sector because your boss told you to stay
>>
>>1227475
What do you do in government? I think government is a little bloated especially those lower middle class jobs. Janitors in the public sector make 60% more than private sector janitors in my area not including benefits.
Not that I'm the savior of my state, but I think I'd actually be contributing as much as I give. I had a high GPA, competent, and diligent worker. With experience to boot.
>>
>>1227475
where are you from?

working for the government is what everyone wants here in Brazil. Private sector is hard as fuck in here
>>
>>1227475
>nepotism
I think you mean cronyism. My father works for my state's government and says he can't give me any kind of advantage in getting a job. He says they go through "ethics training" that tells them that.
>>
I think in developing countries it's a stable gig that could lead to bribes (kind of joking on the latter)
>>
>>1227457
there are a LOT of dummies in government

there are very few elite institutions where you will not work with mouthbreathing fucktards
>>
>>1227457
>racial thing
Literally what? Does fucking everything have to be about race with you millenials?
>>
>>1227582
I'm a serviceperson in Canada. Do it part-time while I'm in school. Plan on moving to a financial analyst or something around there since they hire a lot of financial jobs

>>1227619
From Canada

>>1227620
It's gotten better here but it's still evident. People always ask if I'm related to someone and are surprised when I tell them I'm not
>>
>>1227457
>government accounting

This is an oxymoron
>>
>>1227838
Guess you don't watch family guy. That'd be one example. "Dmv was invented to get back at white people"
It isn't in this case?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.