[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Resume Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 108

File: Resume.png (86KB, 492x615px) Image search: [Google]
Resume.png
86KB, 492x615px
Post your resume up for review.

Details on mine:
I've applied for over 20 Financial analysis internships and wealth management internships over the course of the last 4 months. What am I doing wrong /biz/
>>
>>1226624
There is no contact information, and your name is stupid.

How are people supposed to call you back if you don't give them a phone number Name Name?
>>
First of all, are you networking with the companies you apply for? Your resume is definitely not going to grab any attention bro. And your only real shot at even getting an interview is if you know somebody somewhere that has never seen it. I hope you're pretty fucking excellent at microsoft excel if youre going to mention it 3 times. A skills and interests section only means you lack experience that you would otherwise state. Unless your GPA is absolute garbage, someone reading your resume is going to assume that it is if you dont put it on there. Find a list of action verbs and start every line on your resume with one of those. If youre looking for a finance role put a hell of a lot more emphasis on items that are related to that. Last, nobody gives a shit if youre proficient in social media, so is my grandmother.
>>
>>1226679
Also I'm guessing that if you are graduating in 2018 youre a sophomore. Don't stress getting an internship this year anon, most are reserved for juniors or older in the first place. Focus on getting involved in something you can put on your resume in the meantime. join a professional organization or study abroad or find a part time job this summer. do anything thats gonna fill all the white space you have in your resume
>>
>>1226624
>>1226624
your format isn't very good. this type of format is better: http://www.clarkson.edu/writingcenter/senior_CS_resume.html

you might say "i don't have enough stuff to fill that type of format". well, get more. do clubs or personal investing or get a part time job. something.

also, seven bullets with no actual data is horseshit for your first experience listing. you're a student, i expect this company is BS unless you show me data to the contrary. use numbers, not buzzwords.

if you've only applied for 20 in the last 4 months, that ain't shit. chances are that a lot of your apps went into companies that were hella selective or were not really looking for applicants any more.

come back when you've applied for 200 jobs, not 20. oh, and start applying for jobs earlier next year.
>>
>>1226624
>resume says: pilot, photographer, mechanic, social media, graphic design
>Hurr durr why do ya think I didn't get this wealth management job?
Well, for starters, Quickbooks isn't a "filing ststem", it's double entry accounting software.
>>
>>1226683
How important is leadership roles in student organisations anyway? I have never had an interest in being a 'leader' for a shitty student club or anything, but I also don't want to become a manager. Most of the leaders do nothing anyway, and only host events such as pub nights or random meetings, which I believe add no value to a person.
>>
>>1226738
>>1226683
Even worse, I know of two classmates that started an Accounting & Finance club last semester, and created a logo and facebook group and all that, and then not host a single thing, not even a general meeting for the members. Yes, it looks a bit prestigious for potential employers to see that you're the president of a finance society, but it's basically a ghost title.
>>
>>1226742
>>1226738
I'd say the leadership positions in student organizations are much more about the initiative and effort involved than it is about the work experience you gain. Also, employers can only believe you so much when you talk about how great you are, but if your peers are willing to elect you to certain positions, they do some of the talking for you. Organizations are big for networking and gaining social skills.

And listen, I was at least somewhat constructive with the resume advice but your attitude is what is going to keep you from ever finding a job. You can either join something and fill some of the blank space on your resume or you can sit in your dorm room alone on saturday nights wondering why the guys in the shitty organization on a bar crawl have job offers when you dont.
>>
>>1226655
kek
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-28-20-40-05.png (135KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-28-20-40-05.png
135KB, 720x1280px
> Looking for an HR job
>>
>>1226933
I'm OP not that guy. Thanks for the criticism guys. I currently trade with Robinhood and I'm really interested in finance, but as you guys have pointed out, most of my experience is in other fields no where close to finance.

I've talked with a classmate and we're going to try and open a Finance club on campus, which I think will let the potential employer know that although I don't have much experience in finance, the interest is there.

>>1226694
Currently changing the format to something better. Thanks for the advice

Also going on the company being BS, while I agree it wasn't a huge company, I did manage to sell 200 units totaling to a bit over $30,000. Given that's some of my only experience, I thought it was at least noteworthy.

>>1226715
This is one of my biggest problems currently. I have experience elsewhere, but none in finance. I'm trying to pull things from my experience that may connect with finance however, its more difficult than it sounds.

Thanks for all the advice guys, much appreciated.
>>
>>1226951

selling $30,000 sounds a hell of a lot better than "200 units". for all i know, you could be selling fucking pine scented air fresheners for $2 a pop. citing specific data (or as specific as you can so we still know you're real) is vital.

OP, what type of school you at? like community, state, private, or top tier?
>>
>>1226974
University of San Francisco holding a 3.6ish GPA
>>
>>1226933
What do employers value the most? Leadership positions of student societies, or relevant part-time jobs?
>>
>>1226951
>>1226933
>>1226683
>>1226679
>>1226624
If you're serious about the finance organization look into starting a student run investment fund. If you get a competent professor to advise the org, you have a good chance of getting a grant from your college to get you up and running. I'm at a very poorly funded university but the investment fund but a couple of jackasses and a decent professor were able to get a legitimate operation going with a pretty small sum of money. Something like that is gonna give you some awesome experience and being the one who got the organization going will look stellar.

As a fellow finance guy about to graduate with an awesome job I somehow weaseled myself into. I wish you the best of luck and can only hope the same for you.
>>
>>1226624
Because probably the only companies you've been applying for were Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, and the like.
>>
>>1226984
Thats pretty subjective and all about how you swing it. It would really come down to the job you're applying for and the relevance of either to that job.

In my personal experience, when I interviewed pre summer internship, the only part time work I had listed was never discussed and interviewers wanted to know more about the organizations I was in. Post internship, I had an interviewer straight up tell me to take it off of my resume.

I do know for a fact though that if you score an interview for an internship or a starting job out of college you're likely as qualified as you need to be. At that point getting the job will come down to how likable you are and how well you can hold a conversation.
>>
>>1226980
Get that GPA on there to decimal places nigga. why would you hide that?
>>
>>1226980
that's pretty good, but not going to get you in by itself. gpa is good enough for you to put it on there, though.

when it comes to finance, it's all about knowing people. you still need to meet bars with being competent, but what gets you an interview is knowing people. then the thing that gets you through an interview is being smart and likable.

if you haven't started getting involved with financial organizations on campus, or professors who know people in industry or something, you should definitely do that. recommendations from peers or acquaintances pushes you through the process like nothing else.

also, starting this finance club that everyone's talking about would be a pretty good idea. it'll probably get you a lot of good experience and connections, so long as you are good at reaching out to people.

>>1226989
yes

>>1227036
this man is right
>>
File: maxresdefault[2].jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[2].jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>1226980
>GPA
>>1226679
>GPA
>>1227036
>GPA
Leave it off. 90% of the resumes I look at do not have GPA. Most managers won't even ask for it, they know good grades do not translate to actual experience. Once you're a couple years out of college, nobody puts GPA on their resume anymore, they've learned better.
>>
File: 1431103236990.png (4KB, 303x314px) Image search: [Google]
1431103236990.png
4KB, 303x314px
>tfw if I word my resume incorrectly it could cost me the phone call
>>
>>1227533
>t. a faggot with a shitty GPA
>>
File: 1374794780705.jpg (67KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
1374794780705.jpg
67KB, 500x590px
>>1227553
oh snap, we got hecklers on biz.
>>
>>1227533
Absolutely not true. Any company that receives a large number of applicants, send their resumes through an automated screening that will pick out relevant information such as major, grad date and GPA and will automatically remove the candidates that don't qualify and the ones with the worst grades just to simply make sifting the number of resumes easier for a hiring manager.

and when you don't have a ton of work experience yet like most internship applicants, your GPA is a reflection of your work ethic and essentially is your experience.

dont listen to this guy. even if he is right, whats the harm in being the 10% of applicants who does put GPA on their resume. its not negatively impacting it by any means
>>
>>1227576
>being a 10%er
yeah, well fuck you!! feel teh bern!!
>>
>>1226624
ehh really weak experience
>>
File: bized.png (76KB, 1654x2339px) Image search: [Google]
bized.png
76KB, 1654x2339px
>>1226624
US version
>>
File: bizedaus.png (83KB, 2339x1654px) Image search: [Google]
bizedaus.png
83KB, 2339x1654px
>>1228193
Australia 2 page version
>>
>>1227576
Note that the automated screening often includes an automated background check.

If you keep being turned down for jobs, you might have something in your records. Maybe someone was working under a made-up SSN, and was fired for being drunk on a job site?

Send in this form, and once a year, you can get a copy of what Equifax is telling people about your work history: https://www.theworknumber.com/Employees/DataReport/report_request.pdf
>>
>>1226624
For starters, you need to make 2 resumes.

1 for someone who actually gives a rats ass about your capabilities in the job function.

1 for companies that have anyone with "H.R." in their title.

First one, focus on experience.

Second one, juice it up with hyperbole, bullshit, and whatever else you want because H.R. is reading your application and they don't have a fucking clue what your job requirements are, they'll care more about maintaining a $1,000 certification than your ability to perform your job.
>>
This is only slightly related, but I've been offered a position starting in 4 weeks. It has been confirmed via both telephone and email. I still have some other interviews coming up in the meantime, should I attend or decline them?

The job I've been offered is by far the best, so it's unlikely anyone would propose me a better deal, I just wonder whether I can take granted job I've been confirmed?
>>
>>1228320
Interview anyway. Maybe they'll offer you a job paying higher so you can use it as leverage. Or worst case scenario you have a backup
>>
>>1228320
Thanks, the backup thing is sure good, although the money isn't an issue - my interview tomorrow is for a 3 months project work, the one I've been accepted to is a 1 year internship (both at good firms), so the latter is definitely a better deal.
>>
File: resoomeh.png (140KB, 780x1108px) Image search: [Google]
resoomeh.png
140KB, 780x1108px
Everyone always gave me shit when it was a page and a half, so I made a one page version for you cucks.
>>
>>1228397
Congrats on being exceptionally good at repeating yourself.
>>
File: dsgffdgdzfhgh.jpg (308KB, 1449x972px) Image search: [Google]
dsgffdgdzfhgh.jpg
308KB, 1449x972px
>>1226624
Dude who got chewed out last time here.
L is old one, R is newer.
>>
What's the best way to mention that I have a top secret clearance on my resume?

Also is it bad to mention military service on a resume? I'm in the national guard and that's how I got my clearance.
>>
File: resume.jpg (185KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
resume.jpg
185KB, 1080x1920px
This was my original that I posted in another thread..
>>
File: updated.jpg (165KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
updated.jpg
165KB, 1080x1920px
>>1228929
And this was my updated after someone gave me a few suggestions. How does it look now?
>>
>>1228932
the education and work experience look messy. format it better.
>>
File: TMyqdTv.png (56KB, 685x869px) Image search: [Google]
TMyqdTv.png
56KB, 685x869px
Here's my edited version of my resume. Any final input before I start applying to big-boy jobs?
>>
File: edits.png (216KB, 2035x2339px) Image search: [Google]
edits.png
216KB, 2035x2339px
>>1228193
>>
Where's a good place to go to format a resume, or learn to build one yourself? Gonna be applying for a state/county job soon and I haven't even touched a resume since we made one in high school for econ class.
>>
r8.h8
>>
File: networkadmin.png (945KB, 2565x1851px) Image search: [Google]
networkadmin.png
945KB, 2565x1851px
>>1228397
>>
>>1228426
Google "resume+templates" and choose a template to reformat the resume.
Less is more. Remove anything that's redundant or repetitious.
Do not use two columns.
Do not use dotted lines
Do not center justify, use left justify, instead
Do not use "-ing" form of verb. Input instead of inputting. Talk instead of talking.
Do not write "Duties" - it's redundant
Do not capitalize the Public (under Surveyor)
Do not say "actually listening to people's opinions" -- that whole section needs rewrite.
Delete the entire "About Me" section and replace with Objective Statement
The objective statement should be clear and concise and list 3 things:
1. Job Type (ie., Accountant, Electrical Engineer)
2. Industry (i.e., Retail, Banking, Insurance)
3. Geography (i.e., Pacific Northwest, Oregon, Portland metro area)
Examples:
>Seeking an entry level staff accountant position with a public accounting firm in Texas.
>Seeking an entry level management trainee position with a large retailer in the New York City metropolitan area.
>Seeking an entry level reporter position with a major news daily. Open to relocation and will pay own re-location expenses.
>>
>>1228751
>It’s perfectly okay to specify that you have a clearance, as well as clearance type. It’s also okay to list polygraph information and dates on your resume, according to intelligence agency resume guidelines, including those provided by the National Security Agency. (The Department of Labor even encourages individuals to list their security clearance on their resume).
https://news.clearancejobs.com/2012/06/11/how-to-highlight-your-security-cleared-skills-on-your-resume-without-revealing-classified-information/
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-03-14-18-25.png (88KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-03-14-18-25.png
88KB, 720x1280px
How would you fix this so I can get an HR or Data Analyst job?
>>
File: SC.png (488KB, 2216x1219px) Image search: [Google]
SC.png
488KB, 2216x1219px
>>1228932
>still looks shitty
you need a good resume template, this looks like it was written in notepad.
no offense, just being brutally honest because I believe in you, anon.
>>
File: FoodPoisoning.png (328KB, 1329x1409px) Image search: [Google]
FoodPoisoning.png
328KB, 1329x1409px
>>1228983
>>
>>1228983
>"traveling food truck business"
that's redundant, have you ever heard of a non-traveling food truck business? If I were you, I would replace "food truck business" with mobile restaurant and catering service.
>>
>>1229022
Is this a cute attempt to be clever and humorous? It screams lazy and fail. You need to put your heart and soul into it.
>>
>>1229233
A screenshot off your phone is not suitable.
You need to professionally format your resume. I suggest you google "resume+template" to find a template for MS Word or whatever program you use, and then rewrite the whole resume from scratch because it currently looks like you put very little effort into it.

RE: HR or Data Analyst job
Important, you need an objective statement at the top.
The objective statement should be clear and concise and list 3 things:
1. Job Type (ie., Accountant, Electrical Engineer)
2. Industry (i.e., Retail, Banking, Insurance)
3. Geography (i.e., Pacific Northwest, Oregon, Portland metro area)
Examples:
>Seeking an entry level staff accountant position with a public accounting firm in Texas.
>Seeking an entry level management trainee position with a large retailer in the New York City metropolitan area.
>Seeking an entry level reporter position with a major news daily. Open to relocation and will pay own re-location expenses.
>>
>>1229283
Good tip. And the formatting looks shit because I had to email it to my phone, looks great in word. Anything you'd take out? Any skills I should add?
>>
File: sail foam.png (88KB, 1000x1034px) Image search: [Google]
sail foam.png
88KB, 1000x1034px
>>1229302
post a screenshot in Word so we can see the formatting.
>>
>>1229283
I really like your corrections.
Mind telling me how you became so good at correcting/writing CVs?
>>
>>1229302
also noticed under Direct Support Professional, where it says "communicated with clients", you should remove the word "clients" altogether because it's not necessary and there are too many repetitions of the word "clients" on your resume.
You want to beware that you don't repeat the same words. Use a thesaurus if you need help finding synonyms.
>>
>>1229333
>check 'em
Appreciate the nice words, anon.
I work with small businesses in a town with several universities (Orlando, FL), so I've seen a ton of resumes, particularly college students and recent grads. I pay attention to what employers like, as well as their pet peeves.
>>
>>1228983
You've got to get rid of "Entrepreneur", replace it with Sole Proprietor. The only people allowed to say entrepreneur are either rappers or French. Everyone else says business owner or sole proprietor.
>>
>>1229198
Is it cert or certification
>>
>>1226624
im in hs and my resume is better than urs. ur missing ur gpa and work experience and awards and internships.
>>
>>1229669
Certification is best choice.
Don't use Cert. or other abbreviations.
>>
>>1226989
>>1227036
Whelp, I got an email back from one place saying that they just filled their paid internship position however, they have a non paid position available, and if I'm interested in it to email them back...
>>
>>1229750
sounds like they pulled the ol' bait n' switch on you
>>
>>1229283
>>1229694
Thanks m8
>>
>>1229239
Any specific template that you'd reccomend? I appreciate the help, thanks
>>
just fuck me up, got rejected from a networking dinner the other day.
>>
>>1230374
That's a horrible format. Do something like this:
http://myusf.usfca.edu/sites/default/files/CSC_Finance_Resume_Revised_7.21.15.pdf
>>
You niggers need to learn how to LaTeX
>>
Pls help, sent out 100s of applications
>>
>>1230498
Personal section is unnecessary, applications or the interview will usually ask for that stuff. The profile and key skills sections are collectively too long. Either shorten one considerably or cut a little from each.
>>
>>1230254
avoid fancy and colorful, just stick to simple and easy-to-read.
Do a google image search for resume template and go with your gut instinct.
>>
File: IT.png (862KB, 2662x1722px) Image search: [Google]
IT.png
862KB, 2662x1722px
>>1230374
>>
File: Stand.png (368KB, 2662x1722px) Image search: [Google]
Stand.png
368KB, 2662x1722px
>>1230498
>>
>>1226738
In most cases being the 'leader' of a student club is retarded - almost every student club i've been a part of has just been a social/lets get drunk club with very little actual value, and i've seen two individual cases where the president has typically been a figurehead for the hard work of the other committee members - doing nothing themselves but getting all the credit. An unfortunate circumstance. Regardless because employers desire it, you will want to be a committee member in some capacity, and if you can start your own ''club" and make yourself president and then just make a facebook page and linkedin page and get some likes etc. to give it legitimacy they probably wont know any better,
>>
File: 1.jpg (98KB, 590x616px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
98KB, 590x616px
chasing quick thoughts - I had to blank so much out - I think some of this sounds too wanky/non specific, any thoughts on how to best word this/any other comments or criticism?

The actual resume is 3 pages (normal for here to be anywhere from 2-5 pages), but this is the moneyshot make it or break it page so I want it to be perfect.

Also - do you guys put 'goals' or 'objectives' into your resumes where you talk about yourself and what you want? I feel like it should be saved for the cover letter but I see it in a lot of resumes.
>>
File: resume.png (77KB, 794x1008px) Image search: [Google]
resume.png
77KB, 794x1008px
Anyone have any tips for my resume? I've applied to many entry-level accountant/analyst positions; no call-backs.
I've even started to apply to shitty-tier jobs like AR/AP/Clerk; also no call-backs.

The three jobs were all part of the same rotational program with one of the top banks in the USA; I thought that experience would be attractive but I guess not.

Should I just join the army and hope some arab kills me?
>>
>>1226624
Some top companies only recruit from top schools. It seriously depends on which school you are going to.
>>
Should I ever put cum laude in my resume?
>>
>>1230865
Work on the format, first. Then tackle the content after format is complete.
suggestions:
- google "free+resume+template" and choose a template without horizontal line separators.
- discard all of your bullet points. we'll add a few back after reformat.
- remove high school information, it's irrelevant because you're in college.
- don't abbreviate, discard all the (PT) (FT) and (Contract)
- don't double space between lines.
- increase font size
- ADD margins - there should be lots of white space on both sides.
>>
File: 1377344033301.png (154KB, 559x556px) Image search: [Google]
1377344033301.png
154KB, 559x556px
>>1230865
>actual resume is 3 pages
>>
>>1230865
>put 'goals' or 'objectives' into your resumes where you talk about yourself and what you want?
Write a clear, concise Objective Statement -- I explained here and gave examples:
>>1229283
>>
>>1230903
Noted, but wouldn't FT/PT be necessary? Surely they want to know if you've worked full time or not.
>>1230905
I'm aware this is fairly unusual for eg. Americans, but in Australia it would be very rare to see a one page resume.
>>
File: Banks.png (1MB, 2079x1806px) Image search: [Google]
Banks.png
1MB, 2079x1806px
>>1230881
>Nobody will try to figure out which jobs to match what's on your resume. You have to tell them.
>Needs objective statement clearly stating job you want, industry,
and geographic location.
Example: OBJECTIVE: seeking entry level loan originator position with a commercial bank in Key West.
>>
File: images[1].jpg (12KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
12KB, 262x192px
>>1230913
What's your favorite meal, anon? I like steak, you like steak, too? Ever go to a fancy restaurant and order an expensive steak, like a New York Strip or a Prime Rib? Perhaps a Filet Mignon?
When that waiter brings that sizzling platter out to your table, you don't care if the cook is PT or FT, you just want him to know how to cook the hell out of a steak so that it melts in your mouth like butter.
See my point?
>inb4 anon's a vegetarian
>>
>>1230938
thank you
>>
File: 1439417076583.png (2KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
1439417076583.png
2KB, 782x543px
If my whole resume is in Times New Roman will employers think I'm a pleb that can't into computers? I don't want to use a font that would possibly not display properly on whatever machine they're using
>>
>>1226624
>no summary at the top
this would go into the trash right away because I can't be bothered to read it for more than 10 sec trying to figure out what you are when I have 50 other resumes to look at.
>>
Anyone here ever lie on a resume?

I worked at a company for 1 year and 8 months, Left for a year for school, and returned for 6 months to help them with setting up a new contract they acquired, and left again to go back to school.

It's been 2 years since I worked at that company and I'm working somewhere else currently.

What would happen if I lie on my resume to hide the 1 year gap, let's say a future employer finds my resume and is interested, would they find out about my gap in an employment/background check?
>>
>>1231132
could "Objective" be considered a summary? as in something like "seeking opportunities in bla bla bla field in a such and such environment"
>>
File: 1366618705573.jpg (31KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1366618705573.jpg
31KB, 300x400px
So I had a year long internship at an IT company and my job title was PMO Analyst, but I really want a PMO Analyst. I was basically just helping them with whatever initiatives they were doing at the time.

What should I list this as on my CV? Pick a name which would better represent my responsibilities or maybe just put 'Internship'?
>>
>>1231188
>but I really want

But I really wasn't*
>>
>>1231146
What do you think? They probably wouldn't hire you.
>>
>>1231129
some of the experts claim Times New Roman is too common, they recommend Georgia and Tahoma, instead.
I disagree. Every automated program recognizes Times New Roman, so that's the best reason to use it.
>>
File: adobe.png (391KB, 1772x1113px) Image search: [Google]
adobe.png
391KB, 1772x1113px
>>1226624
>>
>>1226624
why is your current job in past tense?
>>
File: 1461908567299.jpg (2MB, 1500x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1461908567299.jpg
2MB, 1500x1800px
>>1231146
>I worked at a company for 1 year and 8 months, Left for a year for school, and returned for 6 months to help them with setting up a new contract they acquired, and left again to go back to school.

Why would you lie when the truth sounds better?
Pro Tip: returning to school to enhance your skill set and acquire new skills makes you a more valuable candidate.
>>
>>1226624
and where are your action words? "helped"? how about assisted or coordinated instead
>>
>>1228983
>photoshop
lol nice touch
>>
>>1230498
>save darfur
>>
OP here again. Thanks again for all the advice. I'm writing up a new resume and I'll post it up once it's done.

In other news, I had a phone interview yesterday and I'm going to meet everyone in the office today.

BTW it's a Wealth Management firm that manages over $250 million
>>
>>1231174
>could "Objective" be considered a summary?
Two different things: See examples:
>Peter Parker's Objective: Seeking an entry level reporter position with a major news daily in the New York City metropolitan area.
>Peter Parker's Summary: Exceptionally skilled Journalist possesses dogged determination to find the story and deliver it to the public. Flexible and willing to work long hours when needed. Has authored award-winning exposes and believes in protecting the confidentiality of anonymous sources even in the face of tremendous pressure.
>>
>>1231188
>What should I list this as on my CV?
PMO Analyst Assistant
>>
File: 1350930673467.jpg (6KB, 252x216px) Image search: [Google]
1350930673467.jpg
6KB, 252x216px
>>1231860
you better tell them about your photoshop skills
>>
>>1230374
Why'd you get rejected m8?
>>
If you graduated with honors should that be included in your resume?
>>
>>1231919
hell yeah, dude, be proud of yourself!
>>
>>1231880
generic reply, they dont comment on them.
>>
Thinking about dumping my resume into one of those online template/builder things. Is that frowned upon by HR people?
>>
File: 1362534847247.jpg (13KB, 500x657px) Image search: [Google]
1362534847247.jpg
13KB, 500x657px
>>1232108
>one of those online template/builder things.
can you be more specific?
>>
>>1230809
Thank you, great work throughout the thread!
>>
File: 1455854168674.jpg (32KB, 396x353px) Image search: [Google]
1455854168674.jpg
32KB, 396x353px
>>1231849

Damn, Trump looks pretty good when he was younger. I would cower in fear of his power.
>>
File: 1461910030293.png (719KB, 629x756px) Image search: [Google]
1461910030293.png
719KB, 629x756px
>>1232671
some random anon on pol made these, I really like his designs
>>
File: letstrythisagain.png (131KB, 1143x741px) Image search: [Google]
letstrythisagain.png
131KB, 1143x741px
just fuck me up, senpai
>>
>>1232983
one
fucking
page
>>
File: resume.jpg (410KB, 915x1176px) Image search: [Google]
resume.jpg
410KB, 915x1176px
>tfw had an offer for my dream job but the offer got rescinded
Have had two phone interviews since, but not much interest otherwise.
>>
File: tech.png (1MB, 2896x1780px) Image search: [Google]
tech.png
1MB, 2896x1780px
>>1232983
>>
>>1232983
how many times do people have to say "one page" before it sticks with you retards.

You're not a special snowflake. You're a 20-something faggot who wants a job just like millions of others. One fucking page, motherfucker.
>>
File: duke nukem.png (567KB, 3239x1699px) Image search: [Google]
duke nukem.png
567KB, 3239x1699px
>>1233452
I've included an example in the image.
Here is link to a second example resume. It might give you some ideas for content to add to your own.
http://www.entsoc.org/sites/default/files/resume_files/16015.doc
>>
File: 1383889908480.jpg (267KB, 900x626px) Image search: [Google]
1383889908480.jpg
267KB, 900x626px
>>1233600
>checked and rekt
did you see the size of the bullet points?
>>
File: file-page1.png (789KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
file-page1.png
789KB, 2550x3300px
Critique please. 21, did not complete bachelor's, not even getting responses from Home Depot and such. I'm applying to minimum wage jobs and internships right now.
>>
File: resume.jpg (367KB, 916x1155px) Image search: [Google]
resume.jpg
367KB, 916x1155px
>>1233635
Thanks for the critique. Tweaked some things, but still have to make some changes and updates now that i'm graduating.
>>
File: help.jpg (140KB, 1152x955px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
140KB, 1152x955px
Could use some help, looking for entry level analyst positions.
living in Ontario.
>>
ITT: faggots that can't into LaTeX
>>
File: STEVEHOLT!_Resume.png (48KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
STEVEHOLT!_Resume.png
48KB, 612x792px
I'm fancy and created my resume with InDesign.

...and can't find a job with it. Attached as a PNG but usually send it in PDF format (aka you can zoom into it and it won't pixelate to crap, sorry in advance). I have a feeling it's because:

1. experience is all over the place
2. im not just using a word doc like a normal person. I'm suspecting resume bots are scanning out my applications because they can't read pdfs as easily as docs (true? untrue?)

All I wanna do is get paid a living wage to operate a camera in NYC, man. You'd think working for the largest camera company in the world would help my prospects.
>>
>>1233920
Hey anon could you send me that template somehow? It very cute and I like it. Email in Name if you can.
>>
>>1233642
What field do you work in? I'm a student at UCF currently, just curious
>>
>>1233962
real estate and accounting.
Last time I was on UCF campus was to watch the Trump rally
>>
File: Canon.png (560KB, 1625x1395px) Image search: [Google]
Canon.png
560KB, 1625x1395px
>>1233920
Canon should be the focus point of the resume, both visually and in content. I once saw someone in a commercial say to her contractor, "I want you to build me a house around this water faucet." That's what I want: I want you to build me a resume around a job at CANON.

Format: scrap the artsy-fartsy design and go with a traditional resume format.

Forget PDF file: distribute as a MS Word DOC, instead. Make sure you set to "READ ONLY" to preserve the formatting and remove all the red and green lines from spell/grammar checks.
>>
>>1233851
>Sales associate vs. Warehouse Associate
Why didn't you capitalize both instances of Associate?
>30lb instead of 30 lbs
That's just sloppy, anon.
>commas where there shouldn't be commas.
>Capitalized words that don't require capitalization.
>improper grammar
>irrelevant job experience
>missing job descriptions
>omitted objective statement
>unprofessional formatting
We're done here, anon.
>>
>>1234109
can you do mine anon? >>1233790

not really much in it sadly. Is the format decent at least?
>>
>>1233802
I still don't see an Objective Statement.
That should be the very first line of your resume underneath your contact info because it's the most important. It tells potential employers exactly what they need to know, specifically, who you are (job type) and where you want to work (industry and geographic location).
>>
>>1234115
I used to have one but took it out for a longer summary to fit in more buzzwords to make it through the first computer pass and get to an actual HR or management person.

>To gain experience in the fields of nuclear engineering, fusion plasma physics, radiation detection and safety, and materials science

that's all it was
>>
>>1234050
I was there! Good to know there are at least some supporters on this board too.

And I'm doing mechanical engineering with computer science and finance minors at UCF, trying to get into finance. Did you go to college in Florida?
>>
File: minimalist.png (473KB, 2567x1685px) Image search: [Google]
minimalist.png
473KB, 2567x1685px
>>1233790
Format is terrific. You need to flesh out the computer stuff. That means you have to expand and elaborate because right now the work experience is lacking.
I want you to write an Objective Statement.

Remember, Less is More!

Remove anything else on the resume not related to the job you're seeking.
Don't be concerned about taking away too much, we can always add stuff back or replace with better.
>>
>>1234128
>Entry level resume objective statements need to be clear and concise. If you can’t figure out what job you want, then how can you expect a stranger to match you up with the appropriate position? Some candidates mistakenly believe that recruiters have all of the time in the world to infer from a one page document what position would be best suited to an applicant and vice versa. Wrong. Recruiters typically spend about 10 seconds scanning a resume. If they can’t immediately tell what position you are applying to and whether you appear to be headed, then your resume will be headed for the round file (the trash).

>Your objective statement has to clearly and concisely indicate the following:
>1. Job Type (ie., Accountant, Electrical Engineer)
>2. Industry (i.e., Retail, Banking, Insurance)
>3. Geography (i.e., Pacific Northwest, Oregon, Portland metro area)

>some examples of well written entry level resume objective statements:
>>
>>1234144
USF Tampa many moons ago.
Business Admin, finance and marketing.
>>
>>1231849
I don't really know how to format it on my resume.

For example,

Like I was appointed by my department's manager (my bosses' boss) to do quality assurance for my team.

Left to start school (Still am in school).

A higher up contacted me that they needed people to help set up a new contract they acquired (They won rights to a state/acquired a company). So I worked there for another 6 months, but not doing quality assurance or anything like that.

I'll post my resume later when I'm done updating it since I'm looking for a second job that I can sit on ass all day help out when needed and study/do side projects/relax at.
>>
>>1234237
>joined--left for school--returned--left again
Consider the time you were in school as unpaid leave from a job you never officially left. You don't need to say you left the job to start school -- it was an extended period of unpaid leave, or perhaps you might even have been part time while in school. I hope this makes sense.
>>
>>1234094
you are awesome. your help is seriously appreciated.
>>
File: Shit Tier.png (87KB, 925x906px) Image search: [Google]
Shit Tier.png
87KB, 925x906px
>>1234258

Well, that is more something I would explain in an interview as I have before. I have a 100% interview success rate somehow...
>>
>>1234298
For dates, use 3 letter abbreviations for the months.
Third job down, I would change dates to Oct 2011 - Nov 2014. If you insist on showing the one year leave, then put the older dates below the more recent.

Here's a way to tweak the name of community colleges to make it sound much more prestigious on your resume -- change the name to state university. Totally legit because they're funded by the state.
Example: instead of Nassau Community College in NY, you would rewrite as State University of New York, Nassau Campus.
>>
>>1234343

Thanks, I'm in a program to transfer to my state university. The courses are exactly the same as the ones someone paying out the ass at university would pay, except I just go through my CC. I'd feel sketchy listing I attend the university though.

Wouldn't a background check/employment history search thing bring up that I had a 1 year gap at the company?

All my contacts/high level co-workers there have moved onto different companies making 3x as much as they did before.
>>
>>1234353
it's not really as big a deal as you made it seem.. plenty of people take a semester or two off from work to concentrate on school, or vice versa. absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
Employment verification usually consists of your date of hire, last date of employment, job position, and sometimes includes salary but not always.
>>
>>1234370

I am hoping to stay my current company for a while, after doing say a year or two here, would people in bother verifying my employment for my first job where a majority of my experience is?

At my new job, one of the people I started with is a fresh law school grad and says I make him look bad because I know so much about the industry/the systems we use. (I pretty much am doing difficult work and assisting the other new hires figure out how to do stuff). Only thing I lack is an out-going personality which I'm being outshined by a guy who is extremely out-going.
>>
>>1234389
It's very likely it wouldn't even be verified now, unless you're applying for government or law enforcement. But the private sector doesn't squander time and money verifying employment for an old job when you've had two other jobs since then. The logic being that since you've been hired twice since then, if there were something negative about you, they would have caught it and you wouldn't have been hired where you are now. Make sense?
>>
>Please copy/paste your resume below in this text box

mfw
>>
>>1226655
You bastard, my chest still hurts from an accident
>>
I can't help but to think that the majority of the CVs posted in this thread are american and being corrected by american.
I was wondering if a good CV is universal and if I as a european will have success with the same rules you mentioned.
>>
File: Resume.png (93KB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Resume.png
93KB, 816x1056px
How about me, guys? I'm shooting to get a job that puts my analysis skills to good use.
>>
>>1235344
trim the fat
>>
>>1235344
>Troubleshooted
That's not a real word, anon. I want to help you, so don't get offended by this question, Is English your second language? I see all sorts of errors: spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, run-on sentences and the list goes on.
Let's put aside the language and move onto the content; the very first item on your resume says "customer who was hit by large falling debris in store." How in the hell did you think that was the appropriate way to introduce yourself on your resume?
Do you want potential employers to wonder WTF did I just read?
>>
>>1235404

"Maintained a repeat customer who was hit by debris in store"

I think he meant retained a customer...Anyway, that should be something you bring up in an interview if it comes up. Although, they should explain HOW they retained the customer.
>>
>>1226950
Don't put your GPA like that, it makes you look like a tryhard.

People in HR spend forever in shared spaces with you, you better believe they're gonna consider whether or not you're an elitist.
>>
>>1235416
>>1235416
Retained! You rock, sir!
>>
>>1230498
>preformed
>>
>>1233790
Misspelled 'political'.
>>
File: resume.jpg (117KB, 817x978px) Image search: [Google]
resume.jpg
117KB, 817x978px
This is all I got.

Shit GPA (3.0) so I left it off.

I have been applying to everything. 3PL, manufacturing plants, wholesalers, trucking companies, etc. I don't really care. I would immerse myself in any industry. Anyone can learn the specifics of a given organization. I had hoped a supply chain background would give me the in to a wide variety of places. Not really many bites so far.

HR in the company I currently work for, which has been a long damn time, hasn't even gotten back to me. Makes sense I guess, they just went through a huge merger. Doubt they are hiring to be honest.
>>
File: Capture.png (85KB, 680x850px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
85KB, 680x850px
Trying to switch from Engineering to IB. Can I get a critique por favor?
>>
>>1235572
objective statement is all wrong, see how to write a proper one here:
>>1234164
>>
>>1235572
>sloppy formatting.
Headings can be either bold or underlined, not both.
Left justify, don't indent.
Use bullet points
google "free+resume+template"
>>
>>1235572
>Content
Swap Education with Experience. You have 7 years on the job, you should be highlighting that fact by making it prominent and the first item on your resume.
Your decision to put college degree at the top was a mistake. Many people will spot "graduating 2016" and think you're green, fresh out of college with no experience, so they won't even read further.
Delete all that relevant course shit, everybody knows what business degree entails, you don't need to spell it out.
Rewrite your current job description and add bullet points to list your accomplishments on the job.
>>
File: 1375733947318.jpg (413KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1375733947318.jpg
413KB, 717x880px
>>1235613
Give me a break. I'm on a 40" 4k monitor and I have to squint to read your blurry fucking resume because it's only 680x850. FFS, my cell phone's screen is at least 800x800.

1. Get rid of the faggy art fonts, use a traditional font so you're resume doesn't get kicked by automatic scanners.
2. Delete all line separators
3. Increase your left margin to at least an inch and a half.
4. Make everything left justified - don't indent the jobs under Experience.
5. Use 3 letter abbreviations for the months instead of numbers and forward slash
6. Don't list every component of MS Office, people roll their eyes when they see that shit on resumes
7. Change Technical Skills to just Skills
8. Remove foreign languages. Rule of thumb is to never include a language unless you can either read, write, or speak it fluently.
9. Careful not to repeat action verbs, example, first two bullets under scooter = "Designed"
10. your red it address triggered me
>>
>>1235626
thanks for all this, amigo
>>
>>1235572
Mosaic to Acosta? Lel I'm figuring out how to word all that shit on my resume too
>>
File: Memesume.png (77KB, 833x920px) Image search: [Google]
Memesume.png
77KB, 833x920px
>>1234449
>>1234370
>>1234343

Is it acceptable to use the job responsibilities/descriptions of my previous jobs on my resume?

The language in general feels awkward af to me since it's not my own words.
>>
>>1235736
Beware of changing tenses on your verbs. Convert them all to past tense to make it more consistent. Good luck!
>>
>>1235787

Yeah, I will definitely be going through it again to correct the tenses/etc. Pretty much just copy pasted a lot of it.
>>
>>1233452
How does an offer get rescinded? that sucks
>>
>>1235613
rewrite your job description for your current job in the present tense instead of the past tense.
>>
File: asdfresume-1.jpg (484KB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
asdfresume-1.jpg
484KB, 1700x2200px
Entry level anon here, I literally have no work experience and at this point I've been rejected from so many low-level job applications related to my field. I've tried so many different resume formats (with and without objective statements, etc.) Would really appreciate any critique. (My bad for the shitty formatting on the bottom - due to jpeg conversion)
>>
File: 1388556168827.jpg (439KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1388556168827.jpg
439KB, 1600x1200px
>>1235736
Swap the location of the degree with the GPA.
Don't use bullet points for job description.
Write the job description in a small paragraph.
Below job description, use bullet points to list accomplishments for that job.
Discard the line separators. Keep the format simple.
I agree that the language is awkward and needs rewrite. Google image search "grievance+analyst+resume" for ideas and power words
>>
>>1235891
Britcuck here, It might be different in ameriland but:

Why are you listing your University as your only education?

Your skills section, Excellent communication skills? and you are basing this on? Its ok to leave it in but a good interviewer will ask you as to WHY you think you've got those skills.

Strong teamwork and organizational skills is so generic.

You did do a lot of volunteering, try to leverage that to your advantage, show that you have learned a lot from these experiences (even if you haven't just BS it)
>>
>>1235891
at least lurk the thread and read what's been discussed already, much of which pertains to your resume, anon.
>>
>>1235894

Thank You

What is considered an "accomplishment" by the way?

First job was my dankest professional experience. Had autistic levels of attention to detail and knowledge of like 8 different health plans and their configurations to the point I got put into quality assurance/auditing of my team.

Anything else I did was just standard to the job...

My 2nd job doing claims resolutions was an absolute shit show that I left because there was so many internal issues and compliance violations. Company was contracted by veteran affairs by the way. My manager and co-workers were all girls and would constantly get in fights with each other, make fun of people's appearances, etc. Didn't really accomplish anything other than get one letter of recommendation sent to my supervisor by an eccentric physician who said I was the only helpful person at the company, which she discarded and made fun of the physician because everyone else has been having issues with them...
>>
>>1235940
Accomplishments are something that explains how you performed, not just what your job was.
On your resume, get rid of any lines that sound like “managed email list” and replace them with lines like “increased email subscribers by 20 percent in six months.”
>>
>>1235954

I-I don't handle customer service/sales/marketing or anything like that.

In healthcare the top executives bid for contracts/rights to states to manage the health plans. There is also different sectors of health insurance...like commercial and government. I was in the government side handling medicaid and medicare. I would have no idea the exact metrics of the work I did was because it was just a constant stream. All I know is that I'd set up at least 150 records a week and on top of that update records (like a provider has left a group/wants to be set up on a different contract/changing address/had their medical license terminated/needs their contracts added/terminated retroactively). All kinds of shit.
>>
File: help.png (45KB, 733x721px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
45KB, 733x721px
A-Am I going to make it bros?
>>
>>1236008
Looks alright to me
>>
>>1236008
Add personal interests, slash objective since they should know from your cl and get more extracurricular, something more interesting.
>>
File: Resume-Blacked.jpg (461KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Resume-Blacked.jpg
461KB, 1275x1650px
Looking for advice. 1st page.
>>
File: Resume-Blacked2.jpg (287KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Resume-Blacked2.jpg
287KB, 1275x1650px
>>1236292
2nd page.
>>
File: 4chan cv.png (220KB, 583x765px) Image search: [Google]
4chan cv.png
220KB, 583x765px
I'm wanting to break into IBs, Journalism, Consultancy, etc in Europe (don't have a European passport sadly). I don't have the grades, as I was always a bit of a rebel, but I have the experience. What do you guys think?
>>
>>1235826
idk, they just said they were "restructuring" the positions on the team i was set to join. i never actually got a start date since i was waiting for my security clearance to be granted, but i had the offer letter and everything.
>>
>>1236008
>Change Objective Statement to just Objective
>Left justify Objective instead of centered.
>Discard the High School section entirely.
>Fix hyphenation of Monte-Carlo
great job, anon.
>>
>>1236292
>>1236295
Massive improvement over your last version. I like the direction you took this time by focusing on sales instead of fitness. Clearly you put a lot of effort into this resume and it shows because I remember the prior version was completely inferior in every aspect.
My next step would be to call local headhunters, tell them you're new to the LA job market and ask if they could go over your resume and provide any constructive criticism.
Meanwhile, you should customize a cover letter template and rehearse your interview skills.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Headhunter&find_loc=Los+Angeles%2C+CA
>>
Here's my Resume.

Have phone interviews this week, anyone have any tips? None of my actual work experience is anywhere close to what I want to actually do.
>>
>>1236330
>Objective: seeking to break into IBs, Journalism, Consultancy, etc in Europe
For starters, you should have an Objective Statement.
I don't know why but the copy you posted is blurry and looks like shit. You need a left margin with lots of white space. You should reformat the entire resume. Dates on the right, not on the left. google "free+resume+template"
Don't write about yourself in the 3d person; calling yourself "he" is incorrect, you can't do that.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-05-04 19.46.54.png (128KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-05-04 19.46.54.png
128KB, 1366x768px
>>1236625
>>
>>1236632
>>1236625

How do I... do this better?
>>
File: 1396090245219.png (259KB, 380x428px) Image search: [Google]
1396090245219.png
259KB, 380x428px
>>1235974
I'm like the mechanic who's always fixing everyone else's car and never works on his own.
>>
>>1236630
It's probably blurry as it's a zoomed in screenshot of a pdf. As for the template, I did do exactly that. In regards to the third person thing, I've seen it done both ways, I just copied the third person because it seemed more professional to me.

Finally, what the hell is an objective statement? Is it an American thing? I have never heard about that, and I've shown my CV to quite a few people around here.

Either way, I much appreciate and thank you for your help and suggestions
>>
>>1236635
Text is barely legible, post a better version, anon.
Headings should either be underline or bold, not both.
Left justify everything under Education, don't indent.
Left margin should be minimum one inch
Objective should be something closer to "seeking entry level HR position in the Omaha area" -- leave out the fluff about research and detail oriented skills
Don't say "elementary Spanish", you must indicate whether you can read, write, or speak fluent Spanish. And if you're not fluent, discard it and don't mention at all.
This version is an improvement, you still need to work on the formatting
>>
>>1236645
see explanation here:
>>1234164
Less is More, that's the rule when it comes to resumes. Go through your resume and discard anything that isn't relevant to the job your seeking right now. For instance, I don't want to see that you took summer course in psychology back in 2011. That shouldn't be on there. What you did age 10 shouldn't be on there. Writing and public speaking should not be on there. You must edit out anything that's not relevant to the specific job you want.
>>
>>1236668
In that case wouldn't the objective statement be irrelevant when I'm applying to the the job directly and not depending on head hunters? I mean I'm already including a cover letter as well, that is focused on the employer and job position specifically... So it seems kind of superfluous to keep hammering the point home, considering the very limited real estate on one page
>>
What can I do if I'm a pleb who has little work experience (literally cashier and event promoter) and is only in second year of econ/commerce?
>>
>>1236675
>Entry Level Resume Objective Statement
>Many employers will ignore the entry level job seeker who fails to include a specific objective statement at the top of their resume.
>Let’s start by talking about entry level resume objective statements that are poorly written and move onto well written entry level resume objective statements. Far too many entry level job seekers write that they are “seeking a position with a growing organization that will allow me to use my talents and skills.” Well, who isn’t seeking that type of a position? Who wants to work with a failing organization that refuses to use your talents and skills?
>Entry level resume objective statements need to be clear and concise. If you can’t figure out what job you want, then how can you expect a stranger to match you up with the appropriate position? Some candidates mistakenly believe that recruiters have all of the time in the world to infer from a one page document what position would be best suited to an applicant and vice versa. Wrong. Recruiters typically spend about 10 seconds scanning a resume. If they can’t immediately tell what position you are applying to and whether you appear to be headed, then your resume will be headed for the round file (the trash).
>Your objective statement has to be clear and concise. If someone told you not to use an objective statement because it is too limiting, that person is not connected with the entry level job market. You must be specific and directed. Period.

> Entry level resume objective statements should clearly and concisely indicate the following:
>Job Type (ie., Accountant, Electrical Engineer)
>Industry (i.e., Retail, Banking, Insurance)
>Geography (i.e., Pacific Northwest, Oregon, Portland metro area)
>>
>>1236703
lurk the thread, browse what's already been posted. you're in the same boat as other anons, don't sweat it.
>>
>>1236708
Yes, thank you, I read it the first time around. Having said this, is the objective statement not irrelevant considering I'm sending it BECAUSE I'm applying to a specific job, and I'm already sending a cover letter explaining why I'm applying to said job?
>>
>>1227533
>Once you're a couple years out of college, nobody puts GPA on their resume anymore, they've learned better

And they also have more actual work experience and references they can point to. When you don't have that stuff because you're still a student, you include GPA to show you weren't doing coke at a frat party the whole time and actually learned something.
>>
>>1236716
>your resume might get separated from your cover letter
>it might get handed off to different people, people with no idea of what position you want.
>it could end up in a stack with fifty other resumes, all competing for different positions
there are endless possibilities where you would benefit from having an objective on your resume.
>>
File: Resume.png (85KB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Resume.png
85KB, 816x1056px
>>1235344
Here's my rewrite. I trimmed out some redundancy, switched some words around and reformatted the top to identically match the bottom. Anything else it could still use?
>>
>>1237014
> Talk more about your degree
> Take out the ENTIRE "Problem Solving" and "Computers" part
> Talk a shit ton more about your tutoring than you do about stupid shit like "Laundromat Attendant"
> Talk a shit ton more about Computer Lab Technician
Make shit sound... better. More exciting. Your just listing menial things you did in your job. Jesus fuck man, I don't know shit about resumes but this is common sense.
>>
File: math.png (791KB, 2147x1620px) Image search: [Google]
math.png
791KB, 2147x1620px
>>1237014
I'm seeing a great improvement from the old version.
I still want to see an Objective Statement first line on top of education. I'm concerned employers might have a hard time matching you with a job because your experience is so diverse.

One thing that really bothers me on the resume is the title Laundromat Attendant. It doesn't sound prestigious, and frankly, it not even in the same category as all of your other jobs, e.g., manager, tutor, tax prep, computer tech.
Perhaps we could change it to General Manager or, even better, Operations Supervisor. According to google, "Operations supervisors are the backbone of any organization." So let's go with that choice.

Change "Supervised the laundromat as the sole employee on duty" to "Managed all phases of daily operation and staff supervision." (You don't have to mention that it was a staff of one, wink wink)
>>
>>1226950
no one cares about ur gpa m8
>>
>>1230902
i wouldn't even if the hr girl was hot
>>
Why are you guys so anal about one page resumes? As long as the extra information isn't irrelevant and the spacing / overall format looks professional & clean, it really shouldn't matter.
>>
>>1237221
you're not a physicist looking for a research position with an expansive cv. if you cant fit all your shit onto one page you dont know how to be concise.
>>
File: anon.jpg (99KB, 960x838px) Image search: [Google]
anon.jpg
99KB, 960x838px
This resume landed me so many jobs. Shit retail jobs.
>>
>>1237198
A 3.82. is good, but in something like psychology anyone can get a good gpa. I wouldn't bother with psychology unless it's a second major to something stronger.
>>
>>1236614
Will do thanks for the advice
>>
>>1237244
Well, I suppose it's your word versus the word of multiple people in HR & school alumni. I'll take my chances.
>>
>>1237221
Two page resumes have to be stapled or paper clipped, creating a nuisance for whoever prints the fucking thing.
Inevitably, the 2nd page becomes detached from the 1st page, now they're separated and subsequently lost forever.
>>
>>1237284
>snowmobiling
>fishing
>camping
>weightlifting
>traveling
>cooking
Not sure if you're applying for a job or a dating profile.
Get that shit off there.
>>
>>1236586
y-you too
>>
>>1237221
In what world is a fresh grad not being irrelevant with a second page? My resume was just 4-5 lines of relevant experience and 6 bullet points about school and things that are interesting about me. I got a job right out of college, and even when my resume was a very brief summary condensed to a page of small text, I never in my life have had someone actually read my resume before the interview.

HR always scans for key words/phrases. if you know what they should be that's fine, but your chances are smaller if you have more to scan over and you don't. You could honestly get away with just (key phrase) + (years of experience) and get a phone call every time if it fits. Managers often want to see reliability so things like playing sports or being in a club or some shit are way more important than anything "relevant" you could ramble on about in a fucking resume.

The biggest problem is that unless you are extremely good with language, you have a much higher chance of fucking your shit up by adding more to a resume. You're supposed to give them enough to reveal that you're qualified, but then have a dialogue with the guy that is more personal and prepared by reading up on the company's culture or whatever. When it's really competitive you end up making all these specific cover letters for each position, but again you could get dropped for the smallest detail so you want to limit what you spill on the page. At least in the interview you have a chance to explain yourself.

Some industries it might not really matter, but when the convention is "do one page" and you're being a faggot rebel for no real reason you get immediately passed over. the way to be a special snowflake in most industries is to show that you work hard as fuck.
>>
File: Untitled.png (44KB, 1152x943px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
44KB, 1152x943px
>>1234109
>irrelevant job experience
>missing job descriptions
Since the job experience is irrelevant I didn't want to put more information regarding job duties. At the same time I didn't just erase the work experience section since it seems better to put these general labor jobs than nothing at all.
>omitted objective statement
I'm honestly just looking for any office work at this point, Is there still a point in having a general objective statement or should I have a different one for each position I apply to.
>unprofessional formatting
this resume is from some old template should i just search up a new one?
>>
File: myresume.png (111KB, 818x998px) Image search: [Google]
myresume.png
111KB, 818x998px
I'm looking for an entry level Java developer position.

pls critique
>>
>>1238364
>I'm looking for an entry level Java developer position.
and yet you omit that crucial detail on your resume instead of stating it in an Objective statement at the very top.
pls see here:
>>1236708
and
>>1234164
and
>>1229283
>>
File: blankresume.png (63KB, 612x760px) Image search: [Google]
blankresume.png
63KB, 612x760px
Any help would be appreciated. Looking for entry level engineering position
>>
>>1239677
move skills to bottom (and take out basic shit like microsoft office)
remove interest/volunteer shit
not a fan of the horizontal lines
choose a cleaner font like Ariel/Helvetica
>>
File: java.png (592KB, 1352x1593px) Image search: [Google]
java.png
592KB, 1352x1593px
>>1238364
>>
File: Engineer.png (530KB, 2009x1262px) Image search: [Google]
Engineer.png
530KB, 2009x1262px
>>1239677
this anon gives good suggestions here:
>>1239780
>>
>>1239834
>>1239780
Thank you. I really appreciate it.
>>
File: senpaipls.png (113KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
senpaipls.png
113KB, 2550x3300px
>>1233580
I took your advice and tried to turn it into something other than shit, senpai. However, i'm left with a lot of white space.
>>
File: tech analyst.png (412KB, 1458x1614px) Image search: [Google]
tech analyst.png
412KB, 1458x1614px
>>1239992
Way better than before. Waaaaaaaaay better
>>
File: blankresume.png (47KB, 605x766px) Image search: [Google]
blankresume.png
47KB, 605x766px
>>1239834
>>1239780
Changes made. but wouldn't it make sense to leave some of the other work that i was doing in college to show that i was actually doing working my way through college?
>>
>>1240092
I rewrote your Objective so it sounds more clear and concise. See here:
>>1239834

I'm having a hard time reading your resume.
Can you please post a copy with the font changed to Arial?
Increase the font size to 12.
Don't worry if the text spills onto a second page, just post both pages.
You might be able to do a screenshot in print preview mode so you don't end up with those blue dotted lines .
>>
>>1226950

Watch out for significant figures in your GPA.

It should be 3.824/4.000
>>
File: blankresume.png (55KB, 659x835px) Image search: [Google]
blankresume.png
55KB, 659x835px
font was changed so formatting is a little off
>>1240092
>>
>>1240132
This resolution is too small to make accurate corrections. Are you screen capturing on a computer or a mobile device?

Look here for an example of what size you should post
>>1240082

if you're unable to post larger size image, then another option is you could remove your personal info from the word doc and post the document on dropbox
>>
>>1226655
haha epic, thanks reddit

le classic dad joke strikes again! XD
>>
>>1228193
template pls
>>
>>1226655
hello, reddit.
>>
Your resume is ass.

That is all
>>
>>1240345
I didn't used a template, I can send my shit if you want
>>
File: Resume.png (93KB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Resume.png
93KB, 816x1056px
>>1237014
I added the objective "It is my intention to apply my analysis skills to large quantities of data."

I went to the city job center to get a critique. I really like how we were able to change to the more skim friendly bullet format with little loss in information density. Unfortunately, it makes it hard to fit the objective statement. What do you think?
>>
>>1240800
>"It is my intention to apply my analysis skills to large quantities of data."
Needs rewrite. The objective statement should tell the reader three things: job position; industry; and geographic location.
Take a look here for examples of well written objective statements:
>>1234164
>>
>>1226950
3.8/4.0 is the way you want it. Having more digits after the decimal is just dumb.
>>
File: Resume.png (260KB, 778x896px) Image search: [Google]
Resume.png
260KB, 778x896px
Graduated last week, did a pretty good job academically, but my only experience is working for the school. Looking back, I should have double majored, maybe in Political Science, and secured an internship.

Looking to leverage tutoring and teaching skills as customer service, maybe the Conflict Resolution classes I took in Belfast. I'm applying to a few different sectors: government analysis, private study abroad companies, airlines. But I'd really love to do interpretation/translation, just don't know how to get started there.

Already secured one interview this Friday with a study abroad provider to be an on-the-ground site director.
>>
File: mathmatics.png (455KB, 1603x1883px) Image search: [Google]
mathmatics.png
455KB, 1603x1883px
>>1240800
Gotta say your resume is so much better like this than when you first posted. I can't wait to read that you landed a great, high-paying job because that's going to make my day.
>>
File: fortune.jpg (25KB, 622x464px) Image search: [Google]
fortune.jpg
25KB, 622x464px
>>1226624
This looks like a resume from 1976. WTF, have you even bothered looking at ANY modern resume information. Fuck if I saw this on my desk I would assume you are a fossil and will be dead weight for the company.
Add atleast an Executive Summary to it.
>>
>>1228983
Stop using the term "etc. " all over the place. I'd toss this shit in the bin if it was on my desk.
>>
File: language.png (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
language.png
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>1241255
Lots of room for improvement, anon. I would start with the format, which looks like something you cooked up in Notepad. Begin by googling "free+resume+templates" and choose something conservative and simple. Don't be tempted by some art student's colorful resume creation, you want to stick to the basics, trust me.
>Customer Service job
Very easy to get, customer service is entry-level position for many banks, techs and fortune 500s. To qualify, all you need is a degree and a heartbeat.
>government analysis, private study abroad companies, airlines
ditto, very easy, just interview and wait for the you're hired phone call.
>really love to do interpretation/translation, just don't know how to get started there.
Depends on your location. You want to be within commuting distance of a city with minimum over 300k population, such as Tampa. Make a spreadsheet of all the translation/interpretation firms in the area, then visit their websites and select the most appealing ones to submit your resume.
You'll find that most of this work revolves around law firms and the county courthouse. Once you've got some experience under your belt, then you proceed to step two. You incorporate as a sole proprietor and start advertising your services on CL and direct mailings to lawyers. Don't get discouraged, it takes time to build a list of clientele.
>>
>>1241255
>>1241816
Correction: Objective statement should be first item and go above the Education section on your resume. For some reason, my little graphic moved it down to wrong spot.
>>
>>1241255
>malware and virus removal
>>
File: resumetest.jpg (288KB, 812x1880px) Image search: [Google]
resumetest.jpg
288KB, 812x1880px
Rate mine I used some shitty resume maker program I don't know if it's good or not. I'm looking for a Driving / Mechanic job.
>>
File: mechanic.png (679KB, 1398x1639px) Image search: [Google]
mechanic.png
679KB, 1398x1639px
>>1242003
>captcha = select all images with cars
Needs reformat. Google "free+resume+template"
Everything should be left-justified, not indented.
The goal is to get everything to fit on one page.
Objective statement needs rewrite. The objective statement should tell the reader three things: job position; industry; and geographic location.
Take a look here for examples of well written objective statements:
>>1234164
>>
>>1242048

Thanks it looks alot better now.
>>
File: resumemechanic.png (66KB, 822x1060px) Image search: [Google]
resumemechanic.png
66KB, 822x1060px
>>1242048

Is 9 font size too small? That's the only way I can get it on 1 page. The only other way I can make room to fit 1 page is to not make bullet points and hard return lines for every skill and just use commas on 1 line...

Here's the edited version to fit on 1 page, I haven't found a good format I like yet... I might just keep it like this.
>>
File: mechanic2.png (389KB, 2517x1726px) Image search: [Google]
mechanic2.png
389KB, 2517x1726px
>>1242103
Nice improvement. Let's keep editing and discarding anything we can. Less is more, as we like to say.

Remember these rules:
For your current job description, all verbs should be present tense.
For all past jobs, verbs should be past tense.
>>
File: resume BLACKED.png (301KB, 1700x2200px) Image search: [Google]
resume BLACKED.png
301KB, 1700x2200px
Finally forced myself to finish this. Alright Mr. Resume Rater before you rip me up, three things:

1) I have some volunteer experience that I didn't put because it's not really relevant to the jobs I'm after
2) I left college out because I haven't finished and it'll be obvious that I'm not taking it seriously
3) Should I conjure up a Skills section? I don't have anything special really
>>
- The highlighted part is basically what I would change based off of the job language description required.
>>
File: resume pdffs.jpg (405KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
resume pdffs.jpg
405KB, 1275x1650px
>>1243611
This is a clearer image
>>
File: 1427185421764.png (9KB, 601x694px) Image search: [Google]
1427185421764.png
9KB, 601x694px
>>1242909
>tfw Resume Rater didnt see the thread today
>>
File: 12345.png (34KB, 653x821px) Image search: [Google]
12345.png
34KB, 653x821px
just cuck my shit up
>>
File: Resume.png (100KB, 1573x787px) Image search: [Google]
Resume.png
100KB, 1573x787px
Meh, I'm bored. Hurt me.
>>
>>1243815
are you trolling?
>>
File: amazon.png (718KB, 3138x1558px) Image search: [Google]
amazon.png
718KB, 3138x1558px
>>1243836
google "free+resume+template"
Pay attention to verb tense. Only use present tense for current position. Previous jobs should be in past tense, not present.
>>
File: 1362534936815.jpg (257KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1362534936815.jpg
257KB, 375x500px
>>1243815
>Skills: up to date with the latest happenings
>strong passion for policitcal current events
>interests include muh culture
I r8 this b8 pol/8
>>
>>1243867

What needs reformatting with the current position? I was a contractor for 9 months before being brought on as a full time employee.

As for the clutter, I'm keeping that there so it doesn't look like I'm only been working since 2008.
>>
File: elec.png (967KB, 2517x1726px) Image search: [Google]
elec.png
967KB, 2517x1726px
>>1243621
Only you can decide if you want to be an electrical engineer or a webmaster.
>>
>>1242909
Let's do the format first, then come back and rewrite content.
1. Add the college and delete the high school
2. Don't indent - everything should be left justified.
3. Don't center your Objective statement, it should be left justified.
4. Don't center your headings, they should be left justified.
5. Increase the font size of your headings
6. Either use underline or bold on headings, but not both.
>>
>>1243889
>What needs reformatting with the current position?
Not just current position, but all positions look like blobs of bold text. You can massively improve the appearance by switching to a professional resume template. google "free+resume+templates"

>keeping that there so it doesn't look like I'm only been working since 2008.
Add an Objective statement to the very top of the resume stating who you are, what type of position you're seeking, and be specific about the geographic area. This is the most important part of the resume -- it's read first, and it's where you mention that you have 18 years experience as a network engineer and so on.
>>
>>1227533
What kind of shit jobs are you applying for? MBB Management Consulting and top-tier investment banks literally get 1000s of CVs and if your GPA doesn't meet some benchmark (think 3.8 or 3.9) you won't even get an interview.
>>
>>1230498
I read through profile and key skills and I'm ready to throw it in the bin already. Write a proper cover letter instead.

What kind of jobs are you applying for? Nobody cares if you sent faxes, walked dogs, cleaned. You need to make it very clear what you learned/did on those jobs that could be useful, you don't want to rely on the hiring manager wading through it because he won't.

Telling me you have "some background" in x tells me nothing, show me qualifications or an experience were you put it to use.

Your academic record is good. Being president and founder of a student organisation is much impressive than working as a reception 6-8 years ago so play that up more.
>>
>>1243815
"Strong passion in current events, news, political..."

Remove this. It makes you sound outspoken about your political viewpoints and that's not something I'd want to bring into my workplace.

"Rich international travel background" makes me think of tourism and holidays. Unless you've actually lived in a foreign country and have interest experiences you can bring up in an interview, don't include this.
>>
>>1243920
>MBB Management Consulting and top-tier investment banks
fantasyland vs. reality - which one are you living in?
>>
>looking for a job that pays more than 14 dollars an hour and is indoors, preferably has little interaction with people like a security guard or... or whatever, I don't fucking know
I don't have career goals. I wrote that international relations shit two years ago, and that's clearly not panning out with my shit 2.4 GPA. Now my goals are 'pay the bills/don't starve/avoid activities that trigger my self-loathing'. Hell, I debated posting it period, because you all seem so organized and adjusted. But these threads are partly about the cringe potential so go ahead and enjoy.
>>
File: shit resume.png (30KB, 718x780px) Image search: [Google]
shit resume.png
30KB, 718x780px
>>1244616
Forgot to edit out the business names. Would prefer no one messed with the brick and mortar that gave me a stop gap. I'd rather not fuck someone else's life up with vindictive 4chan wiles.
>>
>>1244621

>graduated in 14
>still uses .edu email address

kek
>>
>>1244638

Put those ugly bullet points in their own category and actually explain wht u did in the jobs.
>>
>>1244641
also put your graduated on date on the same line as your degree, save two lines and add more stuff.
>>
>>1244645

Maybe consider a category for listing technical skills that you can apply to your job.

excel, windows, programming, negotiation, excellent communication, matlab, c++, carpentry, w/e...
>>
>>1244650

Consider the use of bold for official names and italics for dates.
>>
>>1244638
Would Gmail suffice? I don't have anything more respectable than that.
>>1244641
Their own category? What would I list it as?
I can do the second part though.
>>1244645
I'm not sure what I can put there.
I was shit at college, and barely scraped by with a 2.4 GPA. I never joined clubs or had any contacts, I just fucked around and didn't study well. There's not much TO list.
>>
>>1244641

use different and descriptive verbs to introduce each function you performed at your jobs when you're adding in a description of wht u did at the jobs.
>>
>>1244650
Listing those always seemed weird to me. I don't know anybody who can't work with Word or Powerpoint or Excel these days. Does it really help?
>>1244655
Okay.
>>
>>1244658

gmail is fine

something like a 'technical skills' category or some sort of 'skills category' you think would be applicable to the job you're looking for.

3: that's fine, the idea is to give less paper space to the schooling if you're not confident about it, less eye catching. You don't even have to list them both, just the one that is the highest education most applicable to the job you're looking for.
>>
>>1244663

Yes it helps, not everyone applying is coming out of college. You're competing with people all the way up to retirement age, and definitely not all of them know these skills. Any program, business software, work-related skill can be listed beforehand.

If it comes down to explaining the skills you picked up in schooling and life vs the ones you list beforehand on the resume, would you rather the conversation be about skills you presented, or have a conversation about how school went?
>>
>>1244669
Okay, I can get a placeholder email while I cook up something more professional.

I don't really know what sort of job I'm looking for, besides the basic stuff I listed. I mean, I listed the political stuff, but that was two years ago when I deluded that I'd just jump right into a career. Should I just mock-up one like that's still my focus? I mean, I guess it is, but I don't see it happening anymore...

And wouldn't hiding stuff like that on a resume by downplaying it alert a reviewer to that being your weakness? Like, if I were HR or whatever entity looks over resumes, surely I'd be trying to find people to eliminate, and looking for flaws. Something downplayed makes me think 'why is he downplaying his degree? Is he not proud of it? I should check on that'. Isn't it better to just list it out there and expect them to look for other weaknesses?
>>
>>1244693
Well they're not really looking for weaknesses, it's more about relevance. If everyone listed things all the way back to 1970s part time jobs at a supermarket (ive seen it done) all the resumes would be 3-4 pages long.

I didn't list my more recent incomplete education for my current job, but listed what I had a degree in and that was more relevant to the position I was applying for.

It's not always HR that sees your resume also, different company to company, but a lot of times it's the actual manager you're going to have managing you too.

How would they find out what schools you didn't list that you went to anyways? Even then, what information could they possibly obtain?

That's the idea behind listing the skills - then they don't take the time to focus on the schooling itself and instead you lead them to focus on what you think is relevant for the job - which is your main selling point besides the minimum qualifications that they will have.
>>
>>1244729
>>1244682
>>1244669
>>1244661
>>1244655
>>1244650
>>1244645
>>1244641
>>1244638
Okay, I'll try cooking up something. I guess my job involved shipping a lot so I can work on framing in working with shipping and processing work for a start.
>>
I have been using my @hotmail as my main email since like pre-9/11, it's just my last name so still kind of professional. Will employers look down on me since I don't have gmail or someshit?
>>
>>1243943
>>1244645
Help me please. I know the objective statement is blank, as I haven't actually applied anywhere yet. I'm not creative in the slightest so i'll take any and all criticisms
>>
File: Resume.jpg (178KB, 1021x1174px) Image search: [Google]
Resume.jpg
178KB, 1021x1174px
>>1244998
shit, wrong file.
>>
File: TX.png (223KB, 1787x1539px) Image search: [Google]
TX.png
223KB, 1787x1539px
>>1244621
>>
File: 1363046274039.jpg (174KB, 900x614px) Image search: [Google]
1363046274039.jpg
174KB, 900x614px
>>1244658
>I was shit at college...barely scraped by with a 2.4 GPA
that's between us, don't share this info on interviews. If somebody asks what your GPA was in college, just derail the conversation -- answer with "I was always a good student and a hard worker and I put my heart and soul into everything I did." Drive the conversation away from grades and talk about something else. I honestly doubt it'll even be asked, tbqh desu senpai.
>never joined clubs or had any contacts
doesn't matter.
>I just fucked around and didn't study well.
I know that if you could go back, knowing what you know now, you would do things differently. We all would. Don't sweat it, you can't change the past but you can change the future.
>>
Why would anyone ever put vlookup or pivot tables on their resume? Anyone with half a brain can learn this stuff in 10min. It just makes you look like a retard to put insignificant crap like that on there
>>
>>1245051
there are programs that automatically search for specific keywords. Everybody else puts Excel on their resume, or just MS Office, but this anon has a couple of obscure keywords which might get him singled out.
>>
>>1244621
swap the order of the jobs so that the most recent is on top and the oldest on the bottom.
>>
>>1245062
I still think its retarded. I wouldn't hire a guy like this because I would know that this person knows nothing about Excel or VBA if they are putting shit like that on their resume. Besides anyone actually working with Excel knows that vlookup is the slowest and shittiest way to find a value
>>
File: shipping resume.png (33KB, 659x793px) Image search: [Google]
shipping resume.png
33KB, 659x793px
>>1244621 again.

I updated my resume based on the recommendations given. Formatting's a bit slapdash atm, I'll fiddle with that later.
>>
>>1245072
And yes, I just noticed I forgot to edit the spelling errors (or word just not understanding what Endicia is). I'll fix those too.
>>
File: 1411434726501.jpg (180KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
1411434726501.jpg
180KB, 1024x685px
>>1245005
In the current Night Auditor job, change all of the verbs from past tense to present tense -- because still employed there.
Use the same double dash in the first date that you used in the other dates.
Left justify your text instead of indenting. A clean left line makes it so much easier to read and looks better, imho.
Increase the font size of the headings
Discard the heading Volunteer, it's already mentioned in the job description
google "hotel+resume+example" for some ideas and inspiration for your job descriptions - they don't need rewrite but they could use tweaking.
>>
Any tips for an entry level pleb looking for his first job? What should I be putting on my CV?
>>
File: 75R0I.jpg (136KB, 1205x802px) Image search: [Google]
75R0I.jpg
136KB, 1205x802px
>>1245068
You might be surprised how many firms and small businesses are run by retards who are absolutely clueless on technology, and many other things areas.
I have a client with a small business netting 300k (incredible sales skills/gift of gab) but he can't grasp simple basic accounting stuff. We'll go over the financials and we have to go line-by-line with a full explanation for each item. He just doesn't get it. And yet he somehow this nincompoop stumbles his way into profitable deals every month. Meanwhile, I know some amazingly brilliant people with doctorates who struggle to pay their bills each month.
>>
>>1245147
Sure, but you could make this argument about everything. Doesn't mean you should put garbage on your resume. I can guarantee you that your resume will go straight in the trash if I see basic Excel functions on there.
>>
>>1245072
Less is more. Get rid of all the fluff, Anon.
Your Objective should be short and sweet, something like this:
>Experienced Shipping and Processing expert seeking position in Texas.
>>
File: PayneNinjax.jpg (150KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
PayneNinjax.jpg
150KB, 500x714px
>>1245167
you're right
>>
>>1245096
Im doing all the changes you suggested, but I have a quick question. When you say left justify does that mean I should have ALL the text along the same margin, including bullet points?
>>
>>1245225
lol I was too embarrassed to ask this same thing but yeah I wanna know too
>>
>>1243891
thanks for the comments, will change and reupload.

In regards to the skills, are you saying I shouldn't include them? I was gonna leave my high school to kind of show that I finished the program in 4 years and straight out of high school, I'm not sure if thats relevant thought.

Thanks for pointers man.
>>
>>1245316
>In regards to the skills
If you're going to seek a job in electrical engineering, don't put anything unrelated. Be really careful to edit out the clutter, by that I mean anything irrelevant to electrical engineering including programming, graphic design, and writing skills.
>>
File: 30shiftblog_resume[1].gif (59KB, 533x618px) Image search: [Google]
30shiftblog_resume[1].gif
59KB, 533x618px
>>1245225
>>1245240
pic related = example of left justified
By keep all text left justified, your resume is easier to read and looks better, especially when printed.
>>
>>1245886
Ohh ok, thanks for that input. I will definitely utilize that
>>
File: Resume.jpg (178KB, 1021x1174px) Image search: [Google]
Resume.jpg
178KB, 1021x1174px
>>1245886
Ok is this better? I really don't have any other qualifications that I can think of, but if I have to I'll bs some stuff.
All I know is that I cant be doing this overnight shit for $13/hr anymore, not when I have friends making 60k+
>>
Can someone review, I plan to look for a job in finance (audit, hopefully big 4), risk or wealth/asset management.

I am yet to graduate, so I will be applying for graduate jobs in September.

Ignore the spelling of organisation - my excel is set on US and I am from the UK.
>>
Is knowing how to use =VLOOKUP enough to be considered advanced in Excel nowadays????
>>
>>1228426
I remember you. Even though you made my day back then, I felt really sorry.

Anyway, I see a major improvement in your CV lad. But listen to >>1229198
>>
File: format.png (193KB, 2032x1309px) Image search: [Google]
format.png
193KB, 2032x1309px
>>1247725
>plan to look for a job in finance (audit, hopefully big 4), risk or wealth/asset management.
That should have been the very first thing on your resume. Why haven't you created an Objective heading for your objective statement?
I gave examples in this tread of well written objective statements.
>>
>>1248042
Do not provide this information in a cover letter?
>>
File: hotel.png (837KB, 2931x1805px) Image search: [Google]
hotel.png
837KB, 2931x1805px
>>1246805
Much better but you should add more info to 2nd job.
>>
File: 1410662277778.png (387KB, 800x737px) Image search: [Google]
1410662277778.png
387KB, 800x737px
>>1248060
I cannot speak for UK, but the norm in the USA is to leave all that stuff off the resume and cover letter if it's not relevant to the specific job you're seeking.
I know some people will argue hobbies and interests show well-rounded character. They're full of shit. Don't waste space on your resume.
>>
File: resumegoodorno.jpg (168KB, 1117x710px) Image search: [Google]
resumegoodorno.jpg
168KB, 1117x710px
How is mine? Not sure I'm good at talking up what I did at my jobs
>>
File: COD.png (1MB, 2151x1967px) Image search: [Google]
COD.png
1MB, 2151x1967px
>>1248462
Format is all wrong. I recommend google "free+resume+template" and choose something traditional, simple, and easy-to-read.
The goal is one page. We will get there by eliminating a lot of the unnecessary spaces on the page. Less is more.
Discard anything that's not relevant to your job search, especially in the SKILLS section. You shouldn't be stating that you're great at manual labor if you're applying for a computer job, and vice versa.
Don't indent, Do use a one inch left margin and use Left Justify so that everything lines up on the left side. This little trick makes your resume easier to read and appear more professional.
>>
>>1248663
Thank you very much!
>>
>>1248663

haha just noticed call of duty and asteroids
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 108

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.