[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does value investing really work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1446755885722.gif (280KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1446755885722.gif
280KB, 400x388px
Last month I bought a couple of stocks with low price to book ratios, low price to cash flows, current ratios > 2.0, ROE > 20% and EPS growth > 20%, and just today I find out my portfolio dipped -13.5% since last month...
>>
>Last month
There's your answer. Is the company valuable at its core? If so then think of this as "You can buy even more now at a 13.5% discount." Sure, you bought some before the "sale" and that kind of stinks in a way but it's water under the bridge at this point.
>>
>>1226272
How do you define "valuable"? They're not exactly Apple or Google...
>>
If you can't handle the it, leave the stock market.

The market returns belong to the storm riders.
>>
>>1226275
>If you can't handle the it,
>If you can't proofread before posting, avoid it altogether.

My apologies. Time for another cup of joe.
>>
>>1226263
if you're confident your analysis was right, buy more
>>
>>1226274
Nigga that's your job if you're value investing.
>>
>>1226263
>EPS growth
You bought growth companies and got cucked by low earnings reports. Get fucked m8.

I wouldn't necessarily sell them now, because that'd be counter intuitive.
>>
>>1226263

>2016
>not using technical analysis
>reading shit sheets and obscure meaningless ratios
>get cucked by the market
>bitching for some reason
>>
>>1226263

Did you follow buffets 4 rules

Probably not

If you did then you should feel fine

If your assets are properly allocated in your portfolio you should feel fine

Where'd u fuk up fag
>>
>>1226274
Well, theoretically you've done a valuation using market metrics to derive your conclusion that they're undervalued.

You did take market data, sales figures, and metrics other than market cap and 10ks into account, didn't you?
>>
>>1226549
This, just wait for nice cup and handle formations. Who the fuck even reads company financial statements anymore? What is this, 2005?
>>
>>1226263
The stock market is literally baseball cards for adults.
>>
what is future earnings
>>
>one month
u dumb cuck
>>
>>1226274
>he thinks its value investing but he doesnt even know stock dilution, intrinsic share of value
>no idea on its future worth, bookvalue, Asset value, Earning power per share, ROI, dividend history
Then comes are you which kind of value investor, we dont know this either, Graham, Buffett or Greenblatt?

What the fuck are you doing??
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.