[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accounting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: accounting1.jpg (74KB, 570x315px) Image search: [Google]
accounting1.jpg
74KB, 570x315px
I'm currently a freshman in college who is interested in accounting. I was originally hoping that computer science would work out but I've realized that I have trouble grasping java.

My question is, how realistic is an accounting major? If I struggled in my intro to compsci class (I got C's on all the exams and had to be helped with the projects) is this an indicator of how i'll do in accounting? any information about accounting would be appreciated!
>>
>>1224577
What are some of the areas in Computer Science you struggled with?
>>
>>1224720
He struggled with java, that's all you need to know
>>
>>1224577
If you can't get your head around java you are going to have a bad time. What interests you about it?

If you are struggling through an intro to comp sci class just go get an arts degree you are going to get fucked by anything STEM.
>>
>>1224921
would you really consider accounting to be at the same level of challenge as computer science? I have a math disability but through hard work have been able to get A's and B's in my math classes throughout high school ( and the one class I took here in college). I heard that accounting is for the most part four-function math and the challenge with it is learning the rules of how its applied.
>>
>>1225267
I'm OP be the way.
>>
>>1225396
>>1224577
>>1225267
ever hear of the accountant's test, the CPA? That shit stands for Couldn't Pass Again.
You need to give up on computers and math, and try a career in real estate or selling cars. You don't even need a college degree, why put yourself in debt buying a worthless degree you don't enjoy? FFS Amtrak will pay you $70k a year to drive a train, and that's starting pay for engineers. With overtime, you can make over $10k per month if you work nights or weekends, anon. Fuck college debt, be a rebel. A rich rebel.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (64KB, 1286x140px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
64KB, 1286x140px
>>1224577
you're late OP, there is some CPA Q/A thread, not long time ago.

as for someone that stop to learn CS because i am stuck and have no mentor, imo, accounting is more easier.

did you understand algorithm? if yes then imo, you should able to grasp accounting without hard effort.

well, if you stuck in java because you can't understand some abstract concept then probably my previous statement is false because critical / abstract thinking is extremely useful to understand stuff behind accounting standarts.
>>
>>1224577
I think the problem you're having is not trouble grasping Java, but just giving up too easily. Programming came natural to me as I started at a young age. It's not meant to be easy. You're not going to find accounting much easier either. It's a lot less intuitive in some respects. My advance would be to stick with it. You'll get better. Nothing comes overnight
>>
>>1224577
> but I've realized that I have trouble grasping java

You're 18. Look, I was a retard when I was 18 too. You should stay in CS.

This summer you need read a fucking textbook on Java and programming. Do not get a part time job. Go back next semester and crush it.

Being a developer is fucking awesome.
>>
>>1227890
Do not fall for the stem meme.
>>
>>1227899

Don't fall for the accounting meme either. Unless you have a very particular personality/frame of mind, accounting is just soul-crushing. If you're a human being and money isn't your end-all-be-all, do not even THINK about going into accounting.

t. dropped out of accounting after 2 years
>>
>>1228007
You dropped out of learning it or you dropped out of a career in accounting while having a job? What are you doing now?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.