[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finance or Accounting Major?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (184KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 640x1136px
Hi guys.

I'm a high school senior who has taken the most challenging accounting courses that my school has to offer and have excelled in each. Since the beginning of this school year, I have been set on studying accounting in college. I recently have been reading more and have had a spark of interest for majoring in finance instead. A finance major opens up many more doors, has more opportunity for advancement, and let's face it, they make more. I have been wondering about this choice and would like /biz/'s advice. Also I apologize in advance as I'm sure you have all seen this question fourteen hundred fucking times.

Thank you.
>>
>>1222681
Depends on your goals. I would suggest to double major, study hard, and start a business.

Anything else and you won't make it.
>>
>>1222684
An early goal as of now would to become a CFA. Double majoring in accounting/finance seems like a very viable option.
>>
>>1222686
>become a CFA
Someone hasn't passed lvl1
Pleb pls go
>>
>>1222691
Someone doesn't have basic reading comprehension, cya.
>>
Marks != competency
I forget everything I learnt in accounting immediately after the exam. I know how to do the exam not how to do accounting. The only subjects I actually care about are IS/IT
>>
>>1222804
Should have stuck to my guns and just done the one degree.
Should have dropped the second degree after first sem. Nah, my son does 2 degress therefore he is better than your son ayyyyy lmao fucking faggots fucking my shit up
>>
everything that you gain from an accounting/finance major, you can also gain from a Business Administration major, most colleges that offer them will offer concentrations in different fields such as accounting, finance, entrepreneurship, systems management, supply chain management, etc.

This gives you a LOT more options and it still qualifies you for the option to take any kind of accounting qualifications that you need, and makes you much more eligible when applying to do an MBA, and can even knock off some of the time needed to attain an MBA.

I almost fell for the accounting/finance meme, but decided on a whim to do business admin. instead, my university offered a 4 year bach. of science in BA, and then a single year MBA, which i managed to find an employer that I had done placement with to sponsor.

accounting (and finance to an extent) are currently pretty oversaturated, I have friends who went down the accounting route, and sure, they all landed jobs with the big 4 companies, but they all started on ~$45k a year, and still haven't broken 6 figures, after my MBA, my starting salary was 130k and has increased comfortably since.
>>
>>1222824
Can anyone else give some insight it confirm this? I'm also heading towards the accounting route and am now kind of interested.
>>
>>1223676
My phone changed "or" to "it."
>>
>>1222681
I'd say Accounting since it allows you to have a very in depth understanding of cash flow, payroll accounting and the tax system. You should also remember that a college degree is a status. College degrees are worthless is you don't work full-time while going to school to accumulate experience. Most college grads who have zero experience are as dumb as a bag of rocks, that's why nobody hires them. You see this complaint every where "Durr hurr I just graduated how dare you expect me to work FT when I'm in school, amirite 9gag?"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.