[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College Majors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1461837823066.jpg (142KB, 496x330px) Image search: [Google]
1461837823066.jpg
142KB, 496x330px
I'm in a dilemma.
What did you all major in, and/or what do you see as the most promising majors?
>>
>>1219449
It's all about the network, senpai.
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
>>1219449
Are you stuck between 2? That's usually what I see. What are they?
>>
>>1219449
>>>/adv/
>>
Do premed and become a doctor.

>GUARANTEED job. They literally find a job for you before you graduate medical school (99% of 4th years match)
>If you're in the US, GUARANTEED salary of $200k annually (the least paid specialty, pediatrics, made 204k on average in 2016)
>Best job security of any profession
>Society respects the fuck out of
>Win any proverbial dick measuring contest in social settings when you let it be known that you literally save lives for a living..."oh your a banker? Cool...I just saved a 7-year-old's life yesterday."
>Instant panty dropper

If you're smart enough to get into medical school, you should do it.
>>
>>1219768
God shut the hell up already, go back to your containment thread
>>
>>1219449
I majored in econ. I networked my ass off so I have a pretty nice job/career waiting for me in June, but many I know aren't as lucky. I would guess some sort of engineering would be promising if you want something that you will adamantly work as out of college.
I recommend Econ, but pay attention in class, sell yourself with projects, and try to do research as an undergrad. If you can do those things you can find a nice job pretty easily.
>>
>>1219768
> spending 10 years in school
how about no
>>
I majored in dropping out and getting in the work force. Best choice I ever made, instead of sitting on ass in a classroom accruing debt, I was working my way up really learning my business. Now I'm a Sr. Analyst at one of the largest companies in the US, making about the same or more than most of my friends with bachelor's degrees and I don't have crippling debt.
>>
>>1219449
If you can do CS
do CS.

Then if not that then finance.
If you can't do finance,

Then do Nursing.
If you can't do Nursing

Do accounting.

If you can't do accounting,
don't do college and learn a trade.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.