[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some advice /biz. Im a student and I have 10k saved, Im

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: gcxg9lo.jpg (567KB, 4500x5000px) Image search: [Google]
gcxg9lo.jpg
567KB, 4500x5000px
I need some advice /biz. Im a student and I have 10k saved, Im taking the bus, metro and walking a shit ton to go to class and post school activities, desu its annoying and tiring. I was wondering if it would be wise to invest in a car? Or should i suck it up and invest the 10k somewhere else to make more money?
>>
>>1218874
Buy a cheap-ass car. Well, not CHEAP, but you know what I mean. Something from like 2007. Make payments on it and build credit, too.
>>
Man needs a car. I say do it.

Don't go TOO cheap.

I just got a used Honda last month, and Im pretty happy with it.
>>
>>1218885
>>1218879
Ya fuck it. I'm still young. I'll just be a jew with everything after getting the car
>>
I got a car for $2000 two years ago and it's still running just fine. get the car but don't be stupid
>>
I got a 98 Volvo in 2009 for $1200. Was standard shift so the seller gaver me a huge discount because ameritards dont like or know how to drive standard.

Unfortunately, it lasted me 10 months because their was a leak in one of the tanks (somewhere around the engine, not gas tank) that broke a belt or something. Anyway mechanic said it would cost more to repair it than what I paid for the thing.

My recommendation is to check out auto. They have an excellent sticky for checking out used cars. Ask them what their thoughts are on cars from 2006-2008. I have a feeling cars made in the 2000s have a longer shelf period because of how long we've been making and developing cars.

IMO, you should consider getting a loan and putting a down payment to keep the monthly payments low. This will help your credit rating so in the future you could get better rates, etc.
>>
>>1218935
>>1218879

i didnt think about getting a loan in order to increase my credit. thx guys
>>
This greatly depends on where you live.
I can tell you now, if you live in New York CIty, it isn't really worth it at all
>>
>>1218935
The real tip from your post is to always get your car checked by a mechanic
>>
>>1218874
Toyota and honda always have a premier price on the market.

Theres a couple cars that are pretty good for the cheap cheap.
saturn's I like. I've seen people buy them for 500. Usually from an estate sell where grandma died. A lot of old people drive them. They are pretty resilient, but cheap cars. The bodies will look good because their mostly fiberglass.

Another option is a Chevy Prizm. Its the same as a 98-01 corolla, just rebadged. They go cheap because people dont know. Same thing with the Geo prizm right before it.

Other options include mazda 626's, fords, and other shit.

Check out your towns facebook bst or car auto. If you dont know shit about cars, now its a time to learn, if your buying a car take it to a mechanic to get inspected.

If you want to make some side cheddar look into getting a small truck. Such as ford ranger, s10. If you can get it before 94 no emissions inspection.

Cars are good, they allow you freedom to maneuver and if shit ever gets tight you can find a job further out of where you live or get a job as a delivery driver for short term (whole different beast, recomend looking for a car that comes with key fobs, atleast 2)
>>
File: 1394543212668.jpg (53KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1394543212668.jpg
53KB, 499x499px
>>1218874

>car
>investment
>>
>>1218879
This. Think of it as an investment in your quality of life.
>>
>>1219852
>implying Ford 4x4s don't pay for themselves during rough, snowy winters

It's a risky, but I heard guys making 100k blowing snow.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.