[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the millennials a failed generation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 22

File: millennials-stock.jpg (494KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
millennials-stock.jpg
494KB, 900x600px
Are the millennials a failed generation?
>>
>>1212702
If you even have to ask you probably fall into the demographic
>>
I'm towards the tail end of the millenials and I hate the rest of us fuckers. All they do is bitch about how depressed they are and debt and all kinds of shit. They don't know how to take responsibility for anything.
>>
Yes.

Gen X is a failed generation.

Boomers are a failed generation.

Greatest are a failed generation.
>>
>>1212702

This is not /pol/ nor /soc/ please refer to rules before posting for christ sake. Stay away from my /biz/, /pol/tard.
>>
>>1212702
No, most are just content with being wage slaves and living in debt but they aren't failed. I think millenials will be fine, a handful are pretty money hungry. Millenials just seem to have a higher concentration of stupid people who consider themselves intelligent than other generations. Almost every millenial I know consider themselves part of the upper echelon of intelligence. It's the pompous generation so far but not all of them are bad, I work with a kid who's 25 and he's one the most genuine and hardworking people I know.
>>
>>1212702
Honestly, we're the only ones keeping the fucking ship floating.

Boomers didn't keep any maintenance or train the staff and instead decided to ream it into a few icebergs trying to find plunder, and now they're just a worthless crew member stealing our lemons on board a broken, barnacle-ridden, non-disciplined fleet of yahoos.
>>
They are the thinnest-skinned generation that's for sure. Everything offends them. They even got Harvard to change the residential title from "Masters" because it reminded them of slavery. What happens if you want a Masters degree? And then morons at Yale got offended at Halloween costumes. I don't know why schools are listening to these retards.
>>
File: 1461488678239.jpg (71KB, 360x403px) Image search: [Google]
1461488678239.jpg
71KB, 360x403px
>>1212702
>>
>>1212702
"Good times breed weak people. Weak people create tough times. Tough times breed strong people. Strong people create good times"
>>
>>1212739
Because they're retards with money, it at least student loans.

But yeah, I hate how this has become the generation of social media and entitlement. Every special fucking snowflake knows exactly what they're entitled to but nobody wants to accept duty or personal responsibility: we're so permanently attached to the feminist nanny-state's nipple that even as adults we demand to have access to every level of Maslow's hierarchy as a basic right. We're taught that everybody is beautiful, everybody is smart; every kid gets a medal because feelings are more important than facts and free speech is voluntarily waived because of the potential that somebody might take momentary displeasure in what they're hearing. We are the generation whose fathers will never be proud of us.
>>
ITT stereotypes /biz/ made up to feel good about themselves
>>
>>1212739
"Thinnest skinned" generation...
>quoting for emphasis

Millennials are entitled, lazy, and stupid... And I'm one of them.
>>
Is this a new ebin maymay or does one autistic fuck keep spamming these threads on /biz/ and /pol/

This same thread, word for word, shows up three times a day on /pol/. I've seen it once on /k/ and /g/, and I'm sure it's on other boards too.
>>
it's like 4chan got a new word and group to meme/hate
>>
>>1212702

god, how I'd rape that brown angel's tender asshole
>>
>>1212702

I love millennials because they have... dare I say it... standards. Self worth.

The world needs more of this and less small jealous assholes who act out their powerlessness because they are too fucking scared to stand up and assert that they are human beings.
>>
>>1212925

> less small jealous assholes
> too fucking scared to stand up

Don't talk about gen x that way.

They'll be in here soon to assert themselves.
>>
The oldest millenials are around 35. NOTHING can be said about this generation's success or failure yet. Much stands to be seen when we take the reins of power.
>>
>>1212948

I am gen x and yes my generation is pretty pathetic indeed.
>>
shitty parents raised shitty kids that raised shitty kids that raised shitty kids that raised shitty kids and so on
>>
>>1212956

It's clearly failure. It has been that way since the first millennial was born.

Not due to themselves, but due to their upbringing.
>>
>>1212702

every generation thinks the one following it is doomed and the worst generation of all time

we'll be fucking fine, just like everyone else. All the pot smoking hippies in the 1960's were far greater fags than any current millennial and yet they largely turned out okay
>>
>>1212756
Wew! Cycles of abuse! I buy that theory.
>>
Worst Generations in order

>baby boomers
>ww2 generation
>generation X
>generation Y
>millenials

Millenials haven't even had a chance to prove themselves. They're just noe starting to get out of college and people are flipping out because kids raised by reality television and video games are more openly narcissistic than the previous ones. Key word is openly. Baby boomers like to act all wise, but they will shit their pants if you know more about a subject than they do.

But, all in all, pretty much every generation is shitty. The pendulum of civilization seems to swing back and forth from genocide to cuckoldry. There are a few generations in the sweet spot where neither form of societal decay is prevalent.
>>
>>1212980
except the pot smoking hippies were not literal fags.
>>
>>1213048
Bud, gen Y is the millenials. 1980 to late 90s.
>>
>>1212702
>All the pot smoking hippies in the 1960's were far greater fags than any current millennial
And we had better music than you fuckbirds! We actually showed our dicks to girls as opposed to sending her a picture of it on a smart phone like you dickbeaters!
>>
>>1212961
>>1212962

I want to end this cycle.
>>
>>1213048
>>baby boomers
>ww2 generation
>generation X
>generation Y
>millenials
The fucking baby boomers are the best generation. Millenials just know how to make a duckface on a selfie.
>>
File: 888.jpg (40KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
888.jpg
40KB, 500x534px
>Damn those kids and their devilish rock music!
>This generation is a disaster!
>No generation has ever been this kind of a failure before!
>>
LE BORN IN WRONG GENERATION FACE.

Never mind the fact that EVERY generation said this about the one after them.
>>
>>1212702
Failed in the sense that their progenitors have failed them
>>
>>1212702
I'd say so. I'm ashamed to be considered one of them.

They consider anything someone does related to work and bettering themselves as "suspicious".
>>
>>1213077
Naw. I'm generation x and I knew ww2 generation and baby boomers were better than us. I had the upmost of respect for my grandfather. That guy had some incredible work ethic. Woke up at 5 am every morning to make breakfast and work in the yard for a bit before he got ready for his actual job. Wore a suit and tie to work and when he wasn't working he wore a polo shirt with slacks. Was total class personified. He never procrastinated on something he could get done right now. Always had a story for every occasion. He served in the war before he had my father and never once complained about having to serve. He was a lone survivor because his whole squadron was shot down. Everyone loved him because of his charm and wit and because he treated everyone who deserved respect, with respect. This is someone who survived the great depression.

Our generations are getting progressively worse and I don't see that changing until one of them gets so sick of the previous one and returns to traditional values. Millennials are an absolute terrible generation. As a whole they don't respect anything or anyone and think that everything should be handed to them just for being alive. They live in most prosperous, most technologocally advanced time that our world has ever known and take it completely for granted. To top it all of they whine about how hard they have it. Social media is the worse thing to ever happen to our society as a whole because everyone feeds off each others sense of entitlement like its the new normal. Someone should just shut the whole thing down as a failed experiment.
>>
Who gives a fuck. Everyone are dollar symbols to me. I dont give a fuck when you were born
>>
>>1213107
>My anecdotal evidence means it's all true!

Boomers lived in the easiest time and then fucked it up for everyone else.

It's not really surprising that millennials don't feel a need or desire to bust their ass when you need a degree + years of experience to earn barely enough to live off in a job that used to be obtainable with barely a highschool diploma. Can you really blame them?

>>1213113
>Everyone are dollar symbols to me. I dont give a fuck when you were born

Would you say that is everyone simply a pawn in your game of life?
>>
>>1213116
They should be feeling it more since that degree ensures their survival.

Mommy and Daddy might throw their parasitic asses out at any minute and drop dead so if they don't work harder they will literally starve and die.

The fact they still decide not to work shows that there is something fundamentally deficient in their generational ethic and culture.
>>
>>121311
Faggot
>>
>>1213116
>b-boomers had it easier!
This meme needs to die.
>>
>>1213120
More like people are tired of working hard and only get their jobs shipped off overseas to Pajeet and Rajesh, or replaced by Mexicans or people on work visas who will take any shit just to send a little money back to their home country.

Would you really choose that over taking the path of least resistance and playing videogames all day?

>>1213129
But they did
>>
>>1213116
Is this bait?
Boomers fucked everything up by protesting for civil rights and against the draft in a war that made no sense?

Pawn in your game of life wtf?

The only reason for even talking about generational differences is to understand different markets to sell them products because this is/biz/ and folks have product ideas..... I mean really am I actually responding to you? Pls go.
>>
>>1213131
Then work harder to make yourself more competitive.

I've never had a problem getting a job since I actually do work, competently at that, and have useful skills I gained through schooling and working which my millenial trash peers don't have since they spent all their time partying like fucking degenerates.

And they have the gall to "complain" about the reasonable consequences of their stupidity. It makes me sick.
>>
>>1213131
>But they did
>wah wah wah

Naw. You guys are just complete pussies. I can't name even one generation in the last couple millineum that had it easier than you faggots.
>>
>>1213137
I'm just saying I can see why people would choose that path.

Option 1;
>Work your ass off to barely get noticed and rewarded for years just to get somewhere and buy a bunch of shit you don't need to impress your neighbors

Option 2:
>Work a laid back minimum/close to minimum wage job with no real requirements or responsibilities that lets you afford your hobbies and gives you the time and energy needed to do them

Geese I can't figure it out!

Not even everyone is a "wolf of wall street" "money hungry" tycoon like you and the neets on /biz/
>>
File: btc2lambo.jpg (292KB, 1604x985px) Image search: [Google]
btc2lambo.jpg
292KB, 1604x985px
>making insane bitcoin gains
>failed
ayy
>>
>>1213129
Obviously you missed the part where the Millennials graduated into the worst economic crisis for two generations (still ongoing).
>>
>>1213140
You are a selfhating millennial tho. Must be projecting your own inadequacy.
>>
>>1213140
Looking forward to the economic fundamentals swallowing your gaping anus of a generation.

When the mass suicides start I'll be laughing my arse off.
>>
>>1213141
And I'm just saying that path is degenerate and those who choose to actually work should look down on those who choose to waste their lives, as I do.
>>
>>1213142
Kek
>>
>>1213149
I don't really think anyone cares about your opinion though.

In all likelihood you're probably in college studying Finance trying to become le Jordan Belfort, not yet stepped out into the world.
>>
>>1213155
>my opinions
My employers sure do and they agree.

>studying finance
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Make sure you turn off the screen on your iphone your parents bought for you after wasting more time on fagbook. I hear the UV coming from the screen makes it harder to fall asleep.
>>
>>1213070

> Millenials just know how to make a duckface on a selfie.
> duckface on a selfie

That's the problem, Baby Boomers think they're not the problem.
>>
as someone graduating in a month, it really concerns me how dumb most of the people i am graduating with are

and not just dumb, but incompetent. completely unreliable, unable to make decisions on their own, dependent on specific instructions by team leaders and authority figures, etc.

it's a generation of human golden retriever puppies.
>>
>>1213143
>Millennials graduated into the worst economic crisis for two generations
Oh no! For 2 whole generations? Protip: there is a financial crisis every decade or so. Suck it up pansy. You should be ashamed for even calling this a financial crisis. You faggots literally live in one of flourishing, financially vigorous times ever. Money is practically flowing in the streets. People who lived through the great depression are /facepalming you right now.
>>
>>1213155
> le Jordan Belfort
>wolf of wall street
>those who work hard are scamming criminals

Da fuq? This is exactly something I would expect a millenial to say. If anything, Bellfort embodies the millenial aversion to honest work more than anything.
>>
File: fFyJBfD.png (19KB, 710x716px) Image search: [Google]
fFyJBfD.png
19KB, 710x716px
>>1213161
>My employers sure do and they agree.

Make sure you lick their ass harder, maybe they'll even give you an extra 10-15 hours a week to work so you can afford your new fancy car that you'll have even less time to use with your updated work schedule.

>Whatever helps you sleep at night

If you are supposedly such a successful /biz/nessman then why are you on /biz/ with all these "millennials" you supposedly hate so much, Mr. Belfort?

Don't kid yourself. You're just a self-hating millennial desperately trying to convince yourself that you're better than everyone else and smarter too, ironically enough you're doing it ON 4chan. - A website consisting of NEETs, mentally ill people and social outcasts.

Need I remind you that according to the last big poll around ~50% of this board was unemployed?
>>
>>1213169
~50% unemployed

Guess you know which 50% I was in then.

Even if most of this site is full of unambitious workshies there's still a few people here worth associating with. Not to mention stirring retards up is pretty entertaining.
>>
>>1213168
>>those who work hard are scamming criminals

I never implied that.

I just meant that it's quite clear people who are "successful" here are at most in college expecting to become investment bankers and picturing days of strippers and fast sports cars.

Eventually they get out into the world and realize that no, you're rarely ever rewarded for your hard work and it requires many years of hard and unnoticed effort to finally get one of those "respectable" positions.
>>
>>1213167
The Great Depression cleared the market. It was a reset. We got a faux recovery, stagnating wages and a whole lot of our time (and earning potential) eaten up.

Meanwhile, Boomers got: their 401ks saved, their earnings maintained, their portfolios rescued etc. Pensions rescued.

We'll have the "privilege" of a World War and massive civil unrest to live through too.

Meanwhile you faggots will be crying about losing your house values and how we are the worst generation ever. If I could, I'd throw every boomer into a wood-chipper and raise my kids (which I could then afford to have) with the knowledge of the massive faggotry that one generation inflicted upon society.
>>
>>1213173
Nice damage control.

You definitely did, by calling a person with ambition and work ethic the name of a convicted fraudster here >>1213169.
>>
>>1213177
>massive faggotry that one generation inflicted upon society.

Hint: this generation was the boomers.
>>
>>1213172
>Even if most of this site is full of unambitious workshies there's still a few people here worth associating with

The ones who lie and make up stories about being rich on /biz/ and then when asked for proof they coincidentally disappear?

Don't kid yourself, this would be believable and all if you said it on any other website than 4chan, but here it's just not really feasible.

I can only imagine the type of "successful" person who spends any considerable amount of time on /biz/. I mean I can see the appeal in Trump Coin, Pepe coin and Wojak coin threads for an aspiring businessman but I would imagine that an already successful business man wouldn't waste his time reading about how Ethereum and Pepe coin are about to hit the mopn
>>
>>1213166
Tell me about it. I'm at the point where I'm ashamed to say I'm graduating from my program at my college. I'm not even going to wear the department sash to graduation since I don't want to associate with the garbage those administrators somehow graduated with me.
>>
>>1213107
>upmost
>>
>>1213183
le born in wrong generation amirite, hit like if u would trade justin beber for the beatles any day!
>>
>>1213182
>forgets "stirring retards up is pretty entertaining."
Please read the whole post before shitposting a trite response.
Thanks! It would save you from an otherwise necessary slapdown.
>>
>>1213188
That's very edgy and insightful, anon.
>>
>>1213186
Every generation has degenerate garbage. It just so happens that millenials have a lot more than average.
>>
>>1213187
You haven't stirred me up though.

You're just a selfhating millennial who thinks he's superior to everyone else because you read a couple of investopedia articles and learned about trump coins
>>
>>1213137
>Then work harder to make yourself more competitive.
Spotted the Jew that wants to pay 3rd world wages while charging 1st would prices for everything.
>>
>>1213192
>It just so happens that millenials have a lot more than average.
Nah i think it's just more visible with social media and the internet generally.
>>
>>1213177
>you boomers
I'm not a boomer, idiot. I also have not heard one boomer ever complain about declining house prices. My parents bought a house for $80k and today that house is worth $550k. You do realize that the housing market is still in a bubble, right? I can't even respond to any of your arguments because they are all strawman.
>>
>>1213195
And social media culture has bled out into real life. That means it's more visible in real life too.
>>
>>1213200
>I also have not heard one boomer ever complain about declining house prices

Because they are about to enter a 15-20 year bear market.

There's a dipshit boomer on /pol/ (probably a mortgage broker or real estate agent) who keeps posting repetitive threads about how millennials suck and how he hates that they cannot afford mortgages etc. etc.

They aren't all strawmen. QE has been a giant exercise is propping up asset markets. And as the Boomers currently occupy most of the top positions theyare cashing out while everyone else is getting laid off, or eating massive pay cuts. And they do this while disparaging the youth today.

Most of the Boomers were busy chatting shit and rutting in the mud at Woodstock. They are an awful, awful generation. Corrupt in political office. Corrupt in corporate office. Responsible for cultural Marxism, many of them are closet Marxists and are anti-free speech.

And they are pushing these junk ideologies onto an impressionable youth today.
>>
File: 1-U36hBj8i-C7JJJxS4MP2HQ.jpg (75KB, 540x471px) Image search: [Google]
1-U36hBj8i-C7JJJxS4MP2HQ.jpg
75KB, 540x471px
>All these damn kids staring into their iPhones and that green robot thing these days!
>>
>>1213193
Looks like I have considering you made an asshurt millenial defense post here >>1213213
>>
>>1213063

Gen·er·a·tion Y
noun
the generation born in the 1980s and 1990s, comprising primarily the children of the baby boomers and typically perceived as increasingly familiar with digital and electronic technology.

this anon is correct.
>>
File: fremen 99%.jpg (127KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
fremen 99%.jpg
127KB, 800x600px
Honestly? Millennials are fucked in their own way. Boomers are fucked in their own way. Gen x are fucked in their own way. We all have shitty fucking habits derived from what the culture was doing during our formative years, but boomers are the ones fucking us now and millennials will be the ones fucking us twenty years from now, so pick your poison.
>>
File: 1436613299713.jpg (363KB, 450x3150px) Image search: [Google]
1436613299713.jpg
363KB, 450x3150px
Good thing I'm a rugged individualist, objectivist tycoon who will dominate the millenials and make them my slaves (from the comfort of my mommy's basement).
>>
>>1213216
And you made an asshurt boomer defense post. What's your point?
>>
>>1213220
>dune
Mah nigga
>>
File: imrs[1].png (63KB, 480x265px) Image search: [Google]
imrs[1].png
63KB, 480x265px
>>1213226
That post was a statement of fact. You should put away that phone and pay more attention in school.

I mean how the fuck do you fail English? You speak it, oh wait.
>>
File: The Spice Must Jibun Wo.jpg (82KB, 800x453px) Image search: [Google]
The Spice Must Jibun Wo.jpg
82KB, 800x453px
>>1213231
>>
>>1213232
My post was a statement of fact. - See how easy that was? I can just say it's a fact and that means it's true and that you're wrong.

You're a soon to be fresh graduate and you're claiming this insane superiority as if you're a Wallstreet professional with over 10 years of experience. Like what the fuck? you haven't even accomplished anything besides writing rants on 4chan yet.
>>
>>1213241
Except it was, the fact that you are asshurt is palpably provable.

I mean you just keep responding.
>>
>>1213244
Except it was, the fact that you are asshurt is palpably provable.

I mean you just keep responding.
>>
>>1213246
>so pissed that he's just copying what his mental superiors say.

This is how I can tell you haven't even graduated high school yet.

The most damning proof of your asshurt status was this retardation here >>1213213 which was completely uncalled for.
>>
File: western subcultures.jpg (30KB, 516x600px) Image search: [Google]
western subcultures.jpg
30KB, 516x600px
>>1213232
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dude
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_%281940s_subculture%29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatnik
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippie
It's almost like retarded subcultures have been around forever you beatnik...
>>
Now I'm going to step away for a few minutes, and I bet that rraUoUCb here is going to be making some victory claim.

Just watch, autists like this are very predictable.

>>1213251
Except this isn't a subculture, it's the entire fucking generation acting this retarded.
>>
>>1213250
>He accuses me of being butthurt and that i keep replying
>He also keeps replying

lol

Sure thing mr belfort. I am sure you'll be much more successful than your fellow students you look down so much on. You have a great attitude for success!(everyone is dum except 4 me)
>>
File: Thebeatniks.jpg (112KB, 385x576px) Image search: [Google]
Thebeatniks.jpg
112KB, 385x576px
>>1213253
>Except this isn't a subculture, it's the entire fucking generation acting this retarded.
Citation fucking needed.
>>
>>1213254
Wow not even 10 seconds. And another baseless accusation to boot. Yet another classic case of an autist vainly flailing and failing at damage control.
It's pretty clear that while I may not be the smartest person, at least I'm miles ahead of a dolt like you.
>>
>>1213256
Shit like that is practically mainstream nowadays.

Here's where I got that image from:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/01/13/the-totes-amazesh-way-millennials-are-changing-the-english-language/
>>
>>1213256
Who needs a citation when youbhave evidence right in this thread?

>>1213254
>exhibit A
>>
>>1213270
For that matter, the only millenial "subcultures" I can think of are the spergy alt-right/redpiller types and their tumblr counterparts.
>>
>>1213265
But you have made just as many baseless accusations.

What accusation did I make? You admitted you are soon to graduate college and you are "embarrassed" of the people you will graduate with.

I'm sure you're much better than them for posting on 4chan's /biz/, you have a great future ahead of you.
>>
>>1213278
>mr belfort

There is is right there. Like all millenials with an aversion to honest labor, you regard all attempts at self improvement and advancement as suspicious.

Doing things like that surely paints an appealing picture of your failed abortion of a generation.
>>
>>1213289
>Like all millenials

Like you? You're one of them tho

>you regard all attempts at self improvement and advancement as suspicious

What is your major, what is your school's rank for your field, what is your GPA, how many (prestigious) internships have you done and what are your other current accomplishments?

Let's see hear this.
>>
>>1213295
>thinking I'm going to post personal info
>on 4chan

Yep typical retard millenial detected and confirmed. I think the kicker is that while others have posted positive contributions other generations have made, not a single person can find a single good thing about millenials ITT. At best they get apologist faggots like you.

Truly millenials are the failed generation.
>>
>>1213303
>I think the kicker is that while others have posted positive contributions other generations have made, not a single person can find a single good thing about millenials ITT

Name one of your positive contributions m8.

>At best they get apologist faggots like you
Better than selfhating ones.
>>
>>1212756
Dat trewf, doe.......
>>
>>1213303
Um. Aren't you a millennial?

Are you calling yourself a failure? Which generation do you belong to?
>>
>thread dedicated to complaining about millennials

Seriously? I thought /biz/ was the less autistic side of 4chan.
>>
>>1213365
What made you think that?

First day on this board?
>>
>>1213365
Really? All I see is millenials bitching a lot ITT. That's like 99% of the argument against them, that they are whiny.
>>
>>1213372
>Really? All I see is millenials bitching a lot ITT

Everyone who uses this board is a millennial.
>>
>>1213372
But you're a millennial m8
>>
File: 1343187898283.jpg (31KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1343187898283.jpg
31KB, 500x377px
>>1213369
I think the first mistake was assuming there weren't autistic sides of 4chan
>>
daily reminder ever frogposter thread ever made was by a millennial
>>
>>1213410
This is a website for millennials.

If you are not a millennial and you go on 4chan you have to be quite fucked up desu
>>
>>1213412
Naw nigga you got it backwards. Gen x run this shit since 2003. You are our guests.
>>
>>1213422
Moot was like 16 years old when he founded 4chan
>>
>>1213430
>implying moot aint nothin but a bitch trick
Nigga please. He may have wrote the code but we run this shit.
>>
>>1213437
That's nothing to be proud of

Are you a wizard then?
>>
>>1213439
I'm the mothafuckin grand wizard cuz. Dont get it twisted.
>>
>>1212702
Yes
>t. Millennial
>>
>>1213437
>wrote the code

>implying he didnt just translate the code from 2chan
>>
>>1212702
i really can't tell senpai.

on the one hand i had literally 0 competition going into the biotech industry. my resume was dogshit and my education had nothing in common with what the laboratory required me to do. after 3 months i was promoted to quality manager, and in 2 years i was doing research work at the same exact level as phd's in that field minus the authority.

growing up i was always one of the top 10% or whatever of academic achievers and athletes around me. a good half of those top 10 were immigrants and/or really rich kids. and i fucking hated studying or playing sports, i just thought it was something i had to do and put the bare minimum effort in and wow that test was just like the homework and the homework just repeated what she said in class. wow getting better in sports is just practicing the motions over and over.

i didn't think i was smart or hard working because i spent most of my time playing world of warcraft and trying to fuck girls and there was still competition among the overachievers and all that. i did not notice how many people were wasting even more fucking time sitting around and eating and watching tv and waiting for something to happen in high school and college. i just thought they cared about other things and focused there.

on the other hand i meet a ton of young guys who might have thrown their childhoods away to cheap entertainment, but developed into normal adults and caught up quickly. i don't believe that spoiling kids actually fucks up their brains that much, and for many if not most of them, they have no option than to adjust and grow the fuck up after school. and i don't know about how the social media trends correlate with reality, but this generation is really starting to be conscious about how health and hard work are the most valuable parts of adulthood, even before considering quality of relationships.
>>
boomers were the failed generation. they destroyed culture, economy, gender relations and a proper future

millennials are simply the products
>>
>>1213663
This tbqh.

>Raises generation
>HOW DARE THEY BE SO SHITTY
>>
>>1213620
>translating chink language

lmao good one famalam. Good luck translating all those weirdly shaped and positioned sticks.
>>
>>1213372

Boomers are just as whiny if not more so. "But I pay taxes! Why don't these millennials just pay back every cent so they can suffer while I cash out and leave my own offspring in misery?" Yeah, congrats you pay taxes like every one else. Want a cookie? They think doing the bare minimum means every one else deserves to suffer so they live in luxury from cradle to coffin. That's why boomers are so hated. Millenials just have a" bad attitude" but their worst crime is listening to their elders about going to college instead of thinking on their own. Or being too reliant on others. That's not nearly as bad.
>>
>>1214038
>But I pay taxes! Why don't these millennials just pay back every cent so they can suffer while I cash out and leave my own offspring in misery?"
Kek. I don't think I have ever heard a boomer say that before. Are.you sure it's not just your own parents who cut you off because you are a spoiled, entitled brat? Even now all I hear is "wah wah wah" from you. Holy fuck take some responsibility for your own life.
>>
>>1213312
It is only natural to hate what is disgusting.
>>
>>1212809
>he browses /pol/

kill yourself
>>
>>1213107
Nice post, anon. Your gramps sounds like a baws.

>Social media is the worse thing to ever happen to our society as a whole because everyone feeds off each others sense of entitlement like its the new normal. Someone should just shut the whole thing down as a failed experiment.

I completely agree with this.
>>
File: 1461549219082.png (174KB, 604x437px) Image search: [Google]
1461549219082.png
174KB, 604x437px
>>1212738
You packed about 14 Looney Tunes buzzwords into that thought. I don't disagree with anything you said, but I'm still laughing.
>>
>>1213220
The truth
>>
>>1213274
Yeah, nah. You're out of touch, but that's ok.

Every generation has had its stupid movements, moronic participants and consumerist bent. The current generation's is just more visible because social media posts don't disappear and are easier to distribute broadly.

Used to be that when you did something stupid all you had to do was move a state away and start your life up again. Nowadays, you have to move halfway around the world, and hope your stupid shit doesn't go viral.

Bottom line, millenials are no stupider than any other generation; it's just that the stupidity is on display more, and for longer, due to the persistent nature and proliferation of digital media in everyday society.
>>
>>1213312
>Name one of your positive contributions m8.
He's not a millenial, isn't that contribution enough? lel
>>
>>1214054
Are you serious? This is all my boomer parents (and other successful boomers I work with) talk about.

My mom literally broke down & cried about "muh taxes" when I told her I was voting Obama.

I work in a white-collar office in finance; everyone above the age of 35 bitches about taxes, and how they can remember when good ol' Reagan was in office because he single-handedly saved the economy and lowered taxes and snuffed out the red army and destroyed liberalism and eliminated racism.

It's honestly mind-boggling to me that you have led your life to this point without having ever encountered people that bitch about taxes. Do you live under a rock? Are you & all your acquaintances on government assistance? Or are you just 16 & have never had a peer-level discussion with someone above the age of 20?
>>
>>1213113
Agreed. I don't see why people are bitching about such things, just mind your own business and make money. If it means that you have to adapt into what the current generation wants and needs then fucking do it. The only people who are allowed to complain are rich people, poor people have work to do.
>>
>>1213167
Once we get an economic reset, it will be smooth sailing from here on out. I cant wait till the housing market crashes here in canada and I get to buy a nice property at a proper price. Ill be laughing to the bank while everyone else loses their homes(aka retirement investment)
>>
>>1214054

Butthurt boomer detected.

My parents never gave me a cent and all they did was complain to me about their taxes when I said I was going into public service for loan forgiveness. They get seriously pissed off that students are taking advantage of loan forgiveness policies or not even paying student loans so they can afford to feed themselves. Muh taxes, muh hard work, muh shake the boss's hand to get a job. Boomers are seriously out of touch with the modern world yet they are still hypnotized by the television and watch the most vapid shit despite criticizing their kids for doing the same things they do.
>>
File: tumblr_o1da3x2u411rcdmrzo1_1280.jpg (283KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1da3x2u411rcdmrzo1_1280.jpg
283KB, 1280x960px
Boomers only had worse foreign policy to worry about(drafting). As for everyday quality of life, they had a fucking cakewalk.
>Much less qualifications required for better work.
>More middle class jobs available.
>Cheap college, only needed bachelors to differentiate.
>housing equity went up substantially, while they were able to refinance at super low interest rates.
>easier to become well socialized without getting information overload on internet
>unlimited room to fuck up, DUI's normal and forgiven

Lets face it, we got handed a worse hand. We can bitch about it while also accepting it as our responsibility to succeed despite this.
>>
>>1214260
>implying it was the taxes part I took issue with and not the complete rest of that retarded ass rambling
Almost everyone complains about taxes, not just boomers.
>>
>>1214291
Your parents seem like jackasses. No wonder you came out like such a little bitch.
>>
Boomers were pretty much handed easy ROI, all they had to do is not fuck up.

Millenials are getting crushed by asset inflation/wage stagnation

It's why they hate their jobs and don't have families--no hope of an upward trend

Were the Japanese happy post-1990?
>>
>boomers
Knew they would do better than their parents, party hard
>children of boomers
Technological progress made work faster and easier than for their parents
>millennials
Will at most do as good as their parents, at least they have smartphones, right?
>>
File: don-draper-mad-men.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
don-draper-mad-men.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
> he feels identified with the stereotype of his generation
>>
More like setup to fail. Soon only the rich will be able to afford to live in Singe family homes while most will end up living in fucking condos/apartments. The response to "We need more housing" is BUILD CONDOS. EVERYWHERE. I see no value in these types of homes as you are buying walls and not land.
>>
They've been promised nothing less than the end of the world for their entire lives
It dosen't really matter what kind of identity they have as Americans, all that answers is wether they'll die quickly or slowly
I for one consider it an honor to exist at the peak of humanity and humbly wait for god to create super-aids and end gay "people" once and for all :DDD
>>
>>1214171
Inb4 remake Fight Club with female Tyler Durden and millenials blow up Facebook HQ
>>
Honestly, every generation deserves respect even Boomers. I think when you try to tear down anyone its just not productive.

Boomers gave us all this, I am sorry but they did. Apple, Microsoft, Nike, Rock music and videos started by Boomers. So respect that at least.

Generation X are doing some cool things like Elon Musk of Tesla and Large Hadron Collider type stuff.
Gen X are probably going to monetize and popularize space travel overall.

Millennials are special cases, not "special" but unusual. They were brought up by a low EQ and greedy generation who all wanted to be rock star, sex gods with the eastern mysticism knowledge and kung fu reiki tai chi ginseng aura crystals secrets of the universe crap.

Imagine a person like this trying to raise a kid, of course there were going to be a lot of shitty raised kids. "Sorry son, daddy needs to go away right now and find himself in Thailand, BRB 1 year, don't worry I told your mom she can sleep around" I mean fuck me, how can a good kid come from that.

The thing that got people started on Millennial hate was that though times were bad they picked up this arrogance from their parents, and acted how they were taught to act, being sure that they were special, to consistently believe in themselves and not be humble and to have a dreamer not a doer attitude.

This attitude was incongruent with having the second worst depression in modern times. When people were looking for a savior Millennials stared down at the politicians and whores and said "no". This one thing started peoples resentment against us.

Then SJW movement, being an overall PITA and getting old people fired for saying transsexuals can't use women's rooms really compounded it to this pure hatred we have today.

TL;DR Maybe. We need to step up and stop causing social upheaval, help restore economy and make more white families.
>>
>>1214576
I'd watch that.
>>
>>1212702
dunno why would they?
it's probably the best time to be alive the golden days of human civilization right before the inevitable doom.
>>
>>1213142
i'm gonna go into a car dealership and make a pic like that with trumpcoin one of these days.
>>
As a millennial, where can I advertise a meme business?
>>
>>1213120
>that degree ensures their survival
you are not a very smart person. you're completely missing the big picture here
>>
>>1214727
Somewhere with a lot of students/teens.
Just state something that you are doing a greater good, it benefits them etc.

They'll bite it.
Works in Singapore, not sure anywhere else.
>>
Just gonna ask this here: In the simplest terms you can, as though you were explaining it to an adult man with a touch of the Down's, what are stock appreciation rights?
>>
It could be the generation that raised them, or the education system that sucks, or the canceous media owned by old folks, or the shit ecomony.

But then again they could be.
>>
>>1214159
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1461559181700.jpg (72KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1461559181700.jpg
72KB, 960x960px
I agree there all caught up in Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter so much that they can't make good decisions at all buying cars that they can't pay the notes on 30 year fixed mortgage while there working at Sonic and get upset when you talk about how you buy in on OIL and Banks on NYSE and you drive that super cool Lexus that you saved up for over 4 1/2 years while they get there car towed away never had a facebook, twitter, pinterest page in my entire life make six figures I could sell defective condoms to the wagecucked niggas
>>
>>1215039
I think is more of the education system being stuck in the past.

And the damn media censoring way too much.
>>
>>1214399

You sound like a little bitch yourself, calling other people bitches when you know fuck all about me or my life.

You want to name call, start with the people who got us into this mess. Most millennials have barely started getting into the workplace.
>>
File: 2zfC7nA.png (301KB, 556x331px) Image search: [Google]
2zfC7nA.png
301KB, 556x331px
Well I'm a failure that's for sure.
Failed highschool, as I fucked up two subjects and few vital projects to get the diploma. Tried again next year to pass the failed subjects only to lose steam and crash before it started.
Now I'm working as an untrained, unlicensed plumber "practitioner" while living with my parents and doing nothing about my life. I have zero drive or motivation despite wanting to do something chalenging with my life.
My peers however are all successful, attending colleges and universities all around the world.

Thanks for reading my blogpost
>>
>>1215833
All the kids I graduated with and are at Uni have complained very openly about their $58k of debt. If you are a USbro, having positive net worth is putting you above 90% of your graduating class.

>attending uni across the world
So they are spending mom's money or putting themselves in permadebt, either way, just keep your eyes forward. I believe you will find your way.
>>
>>1216091
Well across the world is Europe, so education is free for them. No one has debts related to studies, so in grand scheme of things I'm fucked both short and long term when compared to them.
>>
>>1215410
Millennialfag here

Not doing any of that. Also thanks Li Sheng for the advice about what to do for uni with my parents stealing my identity. Unfortunately, they don't want to be in any way helpful with my trying to restore my credit after their wrongdoing.

Anyway, I work a minimum wage job (am in the application/interview process for one that pays higher) and simply trying to afford to finish school, but I literally can't afford it. I might be able to get accepted somewhere where I can finish, but I still haven't gotten a response.

CE major, considering flipping to biomed, though, and simply studying software in my down time to sate that computer knowledge itch.
>>
>>1215833
Get your GED online, and join the military.

Just try to get a technical job while you're in.

You sound pretty capable.
>>
>>1216109
Europe is going to be an Islamic caliphate in a few decades. Trust me, they are even more fucked than American millennials with student loans. At least we will still exist.
>>
>>1212702
I think millennials are probably the most dangerous generation since the 'lost generation' of the 20s and 30s. Similar environments play a role and the millennials are far more prone to mass propaganda and hive mentality.

Get enough of them idle and suffering and they will submit to radical ideologies much quicker and with a fervor not seen since revolutions past. To boot, most of them are narcissists and egomaniacs, and the vast majority are going to fail to feed these egos with individual 'success'. Thus, a mass movement with the promise of historical accomplishment will be extremely attractive to them.

/pol/ tier rant I know.
>>
>>1216118
why biomed?
>>
File: 1444269481221s.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1444269481221s.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>>1212756
>eliminate all weak people and no more strong people will ever be born
>>
>>1216211
It appears to have greater job market growth than CE (or perhaps just less saturation). I've met a few professionals in the field and they've recommended it as well.
>>
You guys have no idea how many smart people there are living on this planet in the next 200-400 years. All you losers will be eaten out and even a bunch of almost smart ones as well.
>>
File: 1409343444048.png (248KB, 449x500px) Image search: [Google]
1409343444048.png
248KB, 449x500px
>>1216329
What
>>
File: 1454339495039.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1454339495039.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>1216329
>Referring to future people in present tense
>>
>>1216329
>eaten out
Dont threaten me with a good time.
>>
>>1212717
everyone's a failure in life.
>>
Well I guess atm I'm a failure as I'm almost 30 and never had a real job before but I did graduate college a few years ago. I'm an anxious mess though and I've been having to deal with that for years so the job thing is even harder. Things have gone into an improvement direction but still not knowing what my real purpose is or if I'm ever going to really be happy with whatever comes or just gonna end up miserable no matter what I do. I mean in plenty of ways I already am. I'm just so scared and I can't even imagine things like retirement and real success being a thing I'll have and I'll just be a wageslave.
>>
>>1216329
i think mother earth has zika virus to teach us not to be too smart.
"you humans think you are smart? you think you can just breed with impunity and ruin everything?"
"well yeah we are pretty..."
"here smaller heads see how it suits you!"
>>
>>1212717
> Greatest are a failed generation
none of us born after the greatest generation have done anything deserving of passing judgment on them
>>
>Actually thinking this is worth arguing about
>Actually spending time complaining

>Not realising that the internet has bred more wealthy under-30-year-olds than any other event in history (I think)
>Not capitalising on that

The average age of this board is in the low 20s, I believe. You have a better chance than any other generation of becoming rich very quickly.

Nothing winds me up more than people who give up before trying. Fuck off

t. Millennial
>>
>>1216840

>t.

I see this getting used quite a bit now. What does it stand for?
>>
>>1216875
Finnish meme, short for some word that essentially means regards, so saying "regards/sincerely/from Millennial" like at the end of a classic letter.
>>
>>1213048
>The first Millenials are now in their late 20s early-to-mid 30s
>Just out of college

Eh, not really
>>
>>1216882
It literally doesn't, retard. It means the equivalence of "I know this because I am a ______"
>>
If I'm 23 now am I millennial or generation Y?
>>
>>1217422

If somebody does a Masters a PhD they might be in their late 20s or 30s on leaving uni.
>>
Aren't millennials basically pushing GDP growth to insane levels compared to the baby boomers?

It would be the opposite. Millennials are the ones that are basically making up the tech and finance sector nowadays.
>>
>>1216742
Holy shit your mom had the Zika virus!!!
>>
>>1214159
>a fucking white male
>>
>>1217472
Millennial.

Also, Millennials, like any other generation, have strengths and weaknesses on the average given the circumstances they grew up in. The idea they're more technical than people in older generations is false. But they certainly understand the nuances of internet and text-based conversation better than the older generations.

Weaknesses include a general lack of soft skills for the same reason as the above strength. When confronted with silence, millennials always pull out their phone. They use it as a crutch as to not have to deal with any sort of uncomfortable social situations. I'm really not sold on the whole "they're entitled" thing. That seems to just be a general trait of young people in every generation. And frankly, nobody is more entitled than old people, and their outrage whenever social security or medicare is threatened shows that.
>>
>>1217682
>But they certainly understand the nuances of internet and text-based conversation better than the older generations.
i think you confuse millenials with Y
>>
>>1217466
Point to us a source where it proves you use t. in the english language in the way you just proposed, retard.
>>
>>1212756
This could be true in a macro level.

I have since 2008 had to work like a dog to keep our family business a live. Now things are looking better and I am smarter, harder working and business savvy than almost anyone I know in my age. I also live in a social democratic country where most people are fucking losers.
>>
>>1217767
Post a source that proves it's used how you use it, cum junkie.
>>
>>1216882
>>1217466
>>1217767
>>1217872

I asked the original question and after looking around a bit and not finding much I think the word that seems to apply to it properly is "testimonial"

It that it? I think it must mean that unless anyone cares to correct me. I might ask it again somewhere when I next see it.
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.