[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are kids who grow up rich so irritating? Would you raise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 9

Why are kids who grow up rich so irritating? Would you raise your kid poor to avoid this?
>>
>>1185517
they want to be like the celebrities
>>
If I ever had kids, I'd make sure they were raised really poor
>>
You could just never have kids
>>
>>1185517
Yes. There's no point of them inheriting my wealth if they don't know how to grow it and use it for my purposes.
>>
Carnegie wanted to give all his money away to causes that would help people improve themselves rather than give it to his children because he felt if you hadn't done any work to earn the money it would corrupt you to the point of not improving yourself.
>>
>>1185517
not gonna pay for any unnecessary shit after he's 13
>>
>>1185523
This x100, the only problem is how can a man prevent 'future' loneliness if he doesn't get a kid ?
>>
Rich kids make poorfags so butt hurt. who wouldn't want to be young, rich, and not have to work? its an ultimate fantasy. everyone is so jealous of them
>>
>>1185558
the problem with rich kids is when they post on social media with their riches acting as if they earned it.

If there was a hot blonde chick from a working class family who worked her ass off selling cosmetics or knives or whatever and sucking dicks to become regional sales queen and now shes a millionaire and she has pics in her GTR then fuck yeah that's hot. But some 14 y/o brats on their dad's helicopter? No

>inb4 #ObamaBernie 'you didn't build that' about any working class to riches success story
>>
>>1185558
This. Coping in this thread is palpable. These kids are living dream lives.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPCAvzIFY-s
>>
>>1185599
proof or gtfo
>>
>>1185517

Their parents valued money more than relationships and integrity.

Is it a wonder they ended up like this?

Not all rich kids end up like this. Your just seeing more vapid arrogance via the internet.
>>
File: x.jpg (154KB, 1099x397px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
154KB, 1099x397px
Luckly rich white race will die out because of their obsession with material wealth and flaunting
>>
I have a friend who went to school with me, whose parents are rich (CEO for an international company), and apparently they decided to raise him without any luxury, so they sent him abroad to here (3rd world country) since highschool age, paying his apartment, studies and basic expenses only. Now he's a normal person like you and me...

The downside is that now, 20+ years later, he behaves like any poorfag and doesn't know anything about money or finances. I mean, he got a university degree and earns well, but I don't see him leaving middle class unless he receives the inheritance someday.
>>
>>1185589
so this is "I'm rich but stuff is hard for me too"?
>>
>>1185565

> posting on social media

well who's to blame? The people doing the posting or the people doing the consuming?

I hate the Kardashians but we only have society to blame for giving their money to these idiotic whores.

Someone posted a thread with some hard truth a few months back: The majority of society are simple people who look for shortcuts, laziness, and vicariously living through the successful; if you can appeal to these things you can become immensely wealthy.
>>
>>1185606

1 - 3 powerful and well built homes vs. 10 - 20 dilapidated shacks in the woods.

Which is more valuable?
>>
>>1185517
i love rich kids op.
>>
>>1185565
>the problem with rich kids is when they post on social media with their riches acting as if they earned it.

The ones posting on social media do. Of course, the ones who don't do that never get seen. That could be 99.9% of them, for all you know.

Stop being so bitter.
>>
>>1185616
People from Cities have low moral and low manners.

People from villages have higher family and unity values.
>>
>>1185631

Agreed, but plenty of rich people live in the country side too.
>>
File: chidori sees your tiny penis.jpg (24KB, 414x419px) Image search: [Google]
chidori sees your tiny penis.jpg
24KB, 414x419px
>>1185517
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/03/super-rich-caught-out-by-childrens-instagram--accounts/

>Naive heirs of the super-wealthy are putting their family assets at risk by flaunting their lavish lifestyles on social media, cyber-security experts have warned.

>Leading cybersecurity firms say they now use social media posts as evidence in around 75 per cent of all litigation cases.

>n one debt recovery case where a man claimed to have no items of significant value, one of his children gave the game away by posing on the family’s £12 million super-yacht in the Bahamas.
>>
>>1185612
it's more like, just enjoy what you have.
>>
>>1185639
Haha oh man this is sweet.
>>
>>1185520

>They think they're celebrities
ftfy
>>
>>1185621
No, I like to see success stories on social media. I just said that. do you even reading comprehension faggot

OR rich fucks could brag about how LUCKY they are, not act like rappers or NFL stars that actually did anything
>>
>>1185520
I had someone tell me once they wanted to be famous and asked me if I wanted the same and I said yeah because of the money. They then asked what if you just had the money and I said, fuck being famous, id just want the money. Being famous is pretty shit always having people follow you around and stuff.

I dont understand why anyone would ever want to be famous. That would be a nightmare with nobody ever leaving you alone.
>>
Think if it. You are a dad who worked 12 hours a day his whole life making millions with the business he started or inherited from his father. That money means something for you because you worked goddamn hard to earn it.

Then you're fucking son or daughter starts spending the money like crazy just to show off to a couple of impressionable kids on instagram.

I would never give them a dime again and they would have to work at mcdonalds to earn some money. And maybe if they would learn the true value of money I wouldn't write them off my will and give them the family business when I die.
>>
>>1185673
this post is atrocious
>>
>>1185675
get mad kid
>>
There is old money rich and then there is nouveau rich. Actually, if you have always had the money you rarely need to show off. And those people tend to spend their money much more wisely than people who have had money less time.

Basically, the less you had money when growing up the more wildly you'll spend it as an adult. In general.
>>
Has nothing to do with being rich. What you mean is nouveau riche..
Got some friends from college who are rich as FUCK. I really mean rich as FUCK but you wouldn't think they're rich if you saw them. They have been rich for many generations and don't give a fuck about status symbols. Met them at college and they never acted
>>
>>1185686
>nouveau rich Russians
Literally the worst.
>>
>>1185557

how can a man prevent 'future' loneliness if he gets a kid?
>>
>>1185616
depends on what's in them and what kind of enemies you face. Large well built things are often targets.
>>
>self made millionaires
Almost always bro tier, happy to give advice, probably didnt listen to the haters, know the keys to success
>1st gen wealthy, IE poor parents, now upper middle class
Usually very conservative, proponents of the Roth IRA, don't believe in taking risks, usually only have sex in the missionary position. Will finally buy that new Cadillac they've dreamed of for the last 50 years when they get their pension

>children of the wealthy

Almost always entitled show-offs with very little self-awareness. I've also noticed that male children of wealthy usually have boundary issues, and anger problems. No clue why this is.

Never met anyone who could be qualified as "old money" unless they were just totally under the radar about it.
>>
Who needs kids when you have money ?
>>
>>1185731
The idea is to raise a half-respectable person who, if need be, could look after you but otherwise will just have a nice life his/herself and extend your bloodline, have grandkids you can hang with, just generally surround you with people who love you.

It's a huge fucking investment and partially makes no sense, but the opposite, while cost effective, takes a toll on your health and will generally lead to a shorter life span.
>>
>>1185517
How are these pictures any more annoying than every typical teenage selfie? Looks like jealousy to me
>>
>>1185609
His parents are assholes, that would just make me resent my parents if they sent me off to some third world country by myself to "build character".
>>
>>1185673
You have to understand the fact that this kids are dead inside often, so being alone is terrifying for them, the only way to stop hearing the inner void is by surrounding yourself with noise.
>>
>>1185726
>nouveau rich Russians
what about Saudi nu-money fags
>>
i'll fund my kids if they want to do something interesting like get a maths ph.d or study theology but they will have to fund their own partying
>>
>>1186010
actually i'd fund reasonable partying probably but only if it was with nice girls and not gold diggers
>>
Most people hate young rich kids out of sour grapes. They'll never know what it's like to come out the cunt set for life with parents that can fund your every interest and keep you comfy from the cradle to the grave. People like to think the universe is equivocating and that the unfathomably rich have some flaw that puts them on equal footing with the rest of us. They don't. They're just better than you and me.

But as my old middle school prealgebra teacher said, if you're behind, you can either stay behind or run faster than the guy in front of you. Focus on securing your own little slice of the pie, nurture the fruit of your labor (and loins, if you so choose) and perhaps your grandkids can be the mild-mannered, well-off teen that makes people salty because they can't think of a reason to justify the hate.
>>
>>1186014
>But as my old middle school prealgebra teacher said, if you're behind, you can either stay behind or run faster than the guy in front of you. Focus on securing your own little slice of the pie, nurture the fruit of your labor (and loins, if you so choose)
this is some great advice
>>
File: 1440228676395.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1440228676395.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
The amount of butthurt they cause everyone more than justifies whatever the fuck it is they're doing
>>
>>1186021
imagine how confusing it must be to be this man's parents
>>
>>1186014
>middle school prealgebra teacher said
he's a middle school pre-algebra teacher, any advice he's giving is either shit or he hasn't taken it himself
>>
>>1186014

>mild-mannered, well-off teen

I don't know how many trust fund kids you've met in your life, but most of them are real life poopoo pepe's...at best they turn into Dan Bilzerian, doing literally nothing everyday and occasionally crying about their daddy issues on twitter for eternity
>>
>>1185711
>nouveau riche

hit the nail on the head.

The only type of rich kids you will see on social media are the above type mentioned. They only care about using the money rather than making themselves anything. The well established rich forbid their children from doing stupid things with their money.

Source: semirich kid
>>
>>1186397
>Source: semirich kid
As in when I was in highschool, my parents could have been considered semi-rich ie 2.5m < nw < 25m
>>
>>1185557
>>1185578
>>1185621
>WAAH WHY DON'T PEOPLE RELATE TO ME. I'M IMPORTANT AND BETTER THAN YOU AND YOU KNOW IT. THAT'S WHY I HAVE TO CRY ON 4CHAN FOR ATTENTION

Don't you have your mother's butler to cry to, or something?
>>
btw; European child of with rich father who made it himself.

It depends on both the observer and the subject.

Some people are envious but won't admit it. These people think that money and not working makes someone inherently happy (Completely ignoring psychological theory stating otherwise)
>But dopamine from 10/10 chicks and expensive alcohol!
It is much more complicated than that. If dopamine made you happy, scoff down some cake and soda.

>Money makes you happy!
Actually it *can* also make you incredibly depressed and lonely, sorry. It's just a different environmental situation. It's well documented that after a certain income threshold, the only reason increased earnings make you happier is because of the accomplishment.

Some richkids are really normal. If people hate these, it's envy.
If the richkid is obnoxious, constantly flaunts wealth, acts like they earned it, then it's normal to dislike them. (Imagine the kid in class who mooched off a random group project, and then they were the only person getting A+. You would dislike them too, right?)

I only got state schooling (although at the good ones) so I've seen and befriended people from all social classes (Families with the father in prison and unemployed mother), and even one who's fathers net worth was $400+ million.

What my experience has been, is this;

Resourcefulness > Resources
Every time.

A richkid with a million dollar trustfund will just consume products until the fund runs out. He won't really do the, I know cliche but, self-discovery that grit, pain and working brings. The human brain is not geared towards happiness by only experiencing good, sadly. I really wish it was.
The poor kid who uses what he has will visit the free library and study on his own, find a way to get funded, and rocket into the next social class. He will feel accomplished, proud of himself, and have a valuable personality to give to his children.

Living in the shadow of your parent's success is also painful
>>
>>1185673
>I dont understand why anyone would ever want to be famous.
Seriously? People are attention whores.

People want attention. They want to be like Kylie Jenner; so famous that you get TOO much attention. I know some people personally that complain-brag on social media about all the positive attention they get, and they just love it.
>>
>>1185673
Fame, in and of itself, is a GREAT way to make money, even when you're a total idiot.

>mfw people buy "Kanye-branded" plain tees for $120

There's also that girl who recently rose to fame through Instagram and started making obscene money... Can't quite remember her name tho.
>>
>>1185731
>>1185840
You forgot the part where humans are biologically wired to want to have kids so even if it is a waste of money you'll feel better even if they hate you
>>
>>1185517
I grew up rich and I agree, my friends are the biggest fucking pussies. Spend all their time taking photos for instagram and partying.

Not all rich kids though, my friends and me are all pretty hardworking but that's because my dad was poor fag who got rich and doesn't want me enjoying life more than him. Dude wouldn't even pay for my college and made me go to public school, never bought me a car and is pretty much against enjoying life in general. I'm pretty lucky though because I'm self reliant as hell. My little brother is spoiled as shit and pretty worthless.
>>
>>1186926

alexis ren?
>>
>>1186986
>made me go to public school

jesus lol
>>
>>1185673
I think some low level fame might be fun because i could meme on a semi national scale. But i wouldnt want people following me around asking for my autograph and shit.

If i had the option between fame or wealth i would deffitenly take the wealth.
>>
File: 111010_r21356_g2048-1149.jpg (211KB, 1149x1200px) Image search: [Google]
111010_r21356_g2048-1149.jpg
211KB, 1149x1200px
>>1185522
>If I ever had kids, I'd make sure they were raised really poor

If I ever had kids, I am sure they will be raised really poor
>>
>>1185517
I think I have a bit of perspective on this, my parents did close to exactly what you're describing for better than half of my life. While I wasn't raised explicitly poor, they managed to conceal the full depth of our financial security from me all the way up until I was getting ready to leave for college. I had been preparing to go by taking part time jobs, applying for scholarships, and generally saving so I could pay for my education. Then they dropped the façade and offered to pay my way through college so I could invest what I'd saved. Blah blah blah we're proud of you blah blah blah all so you would learn self restraint. Since then they've spent four years making up for lost time spending their money touring the world.

At the end of the day, I'm glad they held back on giving me a life of early luxery, it has paid off in a general cultivation of personality and sense that I don't think I would have otherwise.
>>
I definitely plan on making my kids work if they want any money. If they don't value money than i see no point in giving it to them. Seeing my step siblings who got everything handed to them taught me cradling them doesn't make them responsible adults.
>>
>>1185674
That stupidity is the reason why many family fortunes get lost within two generations.
>>
>>1185524
That's fucking stupid,m they shouldn't have to use it for your purpose, your wealth is the families wealth once you have a family, and that is how it should be unless your wife can support the children by herself. If you don't have kids and it is just your wife then you should be able to leave her, but if you have kids it is your duty as a man to support your kids and improve their quality of life.
>>
>>1186000
checked and fuck you. Donald Trump blows your noveau rich fallacies out the water.
>>
>>1187136
I'm glad another person here had the same childhood experience as me.

I've seen even upper-middle class kids become complete messes of people due to the padding, "Why save up?", "If I see something I want, I buy it." , "I don't like tap water, I only drink bottled."
^ All are actual quotes from kids I went to school with. They were 18 to 20 years old.
>>
>>1186014
While it is true that most people tend to believe in a just-world, it's more likely that most people's opinions on upper class kids out of stereotypes perpetuated by a vocal minority flaunting their wealth or tropes present in media.

But to play devil's advocate, how many people must claim sour grapes before you must consider that the grapes really are sour?
>>
Because it is incredibly unlikely that they earned any of it.

Because it's entirely likely that they will mature with a sense of entitlement.

Because it demonstrates the power of money and how the circumstances of our births can overwhelmingly affect our lives.
>>
>>1185517
I'm pretty jealous,my 50k inheritance is pocket change to them
>>
>>1185517
There are cool rich kids- you just don't hear about them.
>>
>>1187206
I'd need to hear it from someone that's actually tasted the grapes. But I haven't heard (though that doesn't mean it hasn't been said) any born-billionaire's complain. Only poor people.
>>
>>1186014
I'm not sure its sour grapes so much as contempt for the attitude that is generally displayed by spoiled rich kids. All the trust fund babies I know basically exclusively act like they had some part in actually earning the money rather than being lucky and winning the parental lottery.
>>
They aren't, you're just jealous.
>>
File: 1458711010007.jpg (13KB, 193x232px) Image search: [Google]
1458711010007.jpg
13KB, 193x232px
>I'm super succesful but my """""company"""""" would have gone bankrupt several times if it hadn't been bailed out by or I had to pay real bank interest rates to the bank of mommy & daddy
>>
File: Jotaro_smoking_anime.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Jotaro_smoking_anime.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
If I was wealthy, I wouldn't force my kids to slave, but I would use my wealth/influence to put them in positions to work that stimulate them intellectually and grow as people.
>>
>>1188206

But growth requires people to be confronted with real hardship and obstacles in life, and them learning how to work against their hardships. Your kids slaving is the very thing that makes them grow
>>
>>1185606
>Luckly rich white race will die out because of their obsession with material wealth and flaunting

Totally. Because its not like rich white people have been flaunting around for a couple thousand years or anything...
>>
>>1185974
God, being rich sounds horrible.

I'm feeling the strangest urge to donate my food stamps to Bernie Sanders.
>>
>>1185639
>lmao

ot:
what's the point of raising a snob? sure you're a rich fuck, make use of that, but don't raise a kid like a snob or a brat, it's simple

that does mean you can't have hundreds of servants and retardedly unncessarily expensive things taking place, but you should be able to live without those if you intend on actually properly raising a kid
>>
>>1186659
But why are they attention whores? That's the point I do not understand at all. What possible enjoyment can they extract from having someone focus their efforts on them for the barest of seconds? Why do they gain so much happiness and joy from being recognized for a split second by a person who can be considered "famous" to them? It doesn't make sense at all that they wish to be recognized wherever they go.
>>
My parents raised me comfortably middle class despite being rich

They hate other rich people
>>
>>1188275
Do all rich people seem to hate other rich people, or is it just because the rich who flaunt their wealth are so annoying to try to get along with that normally friendly rich people become inherently biased against other rich people?
>>
>>1188285
Maybe rich people hate other rich people because they get used to being the most "elite" person in any social circle and another rich person disrupts that feeling of superiority. Its like getting a bunch of alphas together. They'll start to dislike each other for no reason other than the fact that the others pose a real threat socially
>>
ITT: salty poorfags

Enjoy your lives of squalor :^)
>>
>>1185517
what pisses me off isn't the rich kids themselves.. Its the idiots who follow them on Instagram
>>
>>1188316
But how else would we be able to dispense our advice to raise an heir to an empire as a middle class sluggard?

Some of these kids eat raw steaks and don't know how to cosy up to their superviser! It's madness!
>>
>>1185517
The problem is the parents. The only thing stopping them from raising their children is ignorance.
>>
>>1188334
theres a thing called understated wealth
>>
Rich kid here, 22-25 y/o, parents worth 9 digits plus, AMA
>>
>>1188389
What's your worst 1st world problem?
>>
>>1188395
not having any 100's left to wipe my ass with, even 50's give me the sensation that I'm poor - its terrible!
>>
If I was rich I would make sure that my kids grew up normal or poor. Reason being I've seen way too many fucked up rich kids.

Firstly they get bullied and never feel like they fit in, secondly, having everything you want all the time when you're a kid will fuck you up when you're older. They mostly become druggies or just total degenerates, they must get some kind of rush in some way.

Having the finest things in life feel like the norm must be hell, because their calibration on life and the luxuries of it is completely fucked.

There's nothing like growing up poor and becoming rich, its the greatest gift you can give your child.

Rich comfy kids are also much, much more likley to become faggot libs. No hardships in life makes it so you never toughen up or develop your own character.
>>
>>1188986

Also, if they ever do become successful then they're just going to be belittled by their successful peers who'll call them silver spoon babbies and pussies who never had to work for what they have and actually prove their mettle.

They can't ever shake this. Look at Trump, after all his success he still gets tonnes of it. Compared to someone like Lord Alan Sugar, grew up really poor and became the UK's most well known rich person. Tonnes of respect and nobody questions his abilities because he started from zero.
>>
>>1188395
This is me, different IP so ID isn't the same.

Finding a job is extremely hard for me. I think a big misconception is that when you have a "network" you can just pick up the phone and get a job but it doesn't really work like that. Let me rephrase that, unless you're okay being "Daddy's Son" at the Company then its no big deal, but I'd rather work at McDonalds before I did that.

The world is full of qualified candidates for positions and just being someone's son doesn't really differentiate you.

I'm not naive enough to think that I wasn't born on third base, but I try really hard to reality check myself and work harder than everyone else.

The world, especially the business world, is a lot more meritocratic than what people think. Some of the most successful people my age that I've met came from no-name towns and worked their way up, and some of the dumbest people I've met have been sons/daughters of congressmen who got instant admission to Ivy Leagues.
>>
>>1185517
(UK) I'm raised a rich kid.
My parents went from poor to rich but had me in their early 40s.

However they are both hardcore conservatives and tight with their cash.

I was raised with attitudes such as: " the world doesn't owe you shit, if you don't get smart you will clean the streets for a living and your family will think you are pathetic low-life."
"All that matters in this life is education, experiences and showing love to others"

If I was literally forced into getting top grades my entire life, read books and go to med school (all unis and courses cost the same in this country FYI)
Wasn't allowed sky (cable) and too many games.

Negatives:
Knowing I theoretically have a safety net means I have to punish myself and tell myself over and over that I haven't earned almost anything myself yet. So I don't get soft.

I've cracked a few times and done some pretty degenerate shit involving women and drugs.

If I succeed at the self-employed business owning, investor, /biz dream.

Will it truly be my own triump? I was raised from birth to possess knowledge, social skills and ambition.
>>
>>1188247
you want to get a leg up in the social hierarchy and to feel "needed ,wanted have, purpose"
>>
>>1186659
Yeah I want attention within my close circle of friends, Not the rest of the retarded sheep of society.
>>
>>1185609
Jesus, how embarrassing.
>>
>>1187205
Tap water is unfit for human consumption in lots of places, even in America. You'll get sick.
>>
File: j-cole-mad-grammy-loss.jpg (37KB, 545x397px) Image search: [Google]
j-cole-mad-grammy-loss.jpg
37KB, 545x397px
>>1185589
>>
>>1185517
I don't find it annoying it at all.

It looks like they're having fun. Hopefully they know how lucky they are. If they do, they should be having even more fun than they look like they are.
>>
>>1185673
I tell people this exact same thing.
Seriously, why would you want to deal with the bullshit hassle of people following you around and fucking with you, when you could just have the money and be anonymous?
Maybe it's because I live in Hollywood and watch this shit on a daily basis.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.