[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap programmers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_inline_mxmhvyRADf1qdzuaz.jpg (77KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mxmhvyRADf1qdzuaz.jpg
77KB, 500x667px
Im looking to get some stuff made for mobile and pc but programmers are way expensive and I dont have the money to spend 3k on a month's worth of work.

I know you get what you pay for but Im looking to set up proof of concepts to raise money for projects.

So my question is:

Where do you guys go to find cheap outsourced programmers for work?

Thanks for any help you send my way.
>>
>>1179241
If you don't have the money right now would you be willing to negotiate for some equity?
>>
>>1179241
you get what you pay for
>>
File: Upwork.png (39KB, 1025x702px) Image search: [Google]
Upwork.png
39KB, 1025x702px
>>1179244

Kek

>>1179241

I have a feeling you're already planning on asking people to make your app for you for some equity, first off that's a bad idea. You're just giving your idea away.

Save up at least $100 & post ads on Craigslist/Backpages/Fiji (whatever that Canadian site is) begging for cheap labour, if no one responds, post an ad on Upwork or at least Fiverr. Then request from the people that respond to your ad telling them what you want, they will give you a price quote so you will know what you really have to save up for.

Usually goes like:

>$21//hr
>It will take us 100hours to complete this project
You do the math

Don't expect anyone to do shit for you for free, or for sum equiTiTies

>coming from a guy paying 5k to an Indian to make an app that supposed to have taken 40 days, but we're now close to 100...
>>
Most good programmers are smart, and unwilling to work for peanuts while some idea guy gets rich.
if you need programmers to start a business, giving equity to a good programmer makes sense, if he's loyal.
it's very easy to underestimate the cost/time investment of creating software, and a lot of people smarter than you have lost a lot of money doing so.

src: programmer who won't without equity
>>
>>1179276

So you're saying if someone came to you right now with a shitty app idea, you would waste your time making it for them for 50% of the revenue?

We're talking about someone half a state/world from you that will take full ownership of the app once you transfer it to their account.

C'mon now...
>>
>>1179268
It's kijiji
>>
>>1179241
Choosing a programmer is like choosing a Healthcare plan, don't be a cheap fuck or you will regret it down the line. Embrace the law of supply and demand and realize every plebian and his dog has a "good idea".
>>
What hourly rate do you consider "cheap"?
>>
>>1179244
Thats the thing, equity isnt an option especially since Im only really interested in making PoC at the moment to raise funds to actually pay good nerds to put the final piece together.

>>1179268
I know that feeling which is why Im interested in getting something really cheap for concept pitches instead. Fuck dropping another couple grand to people who drag shit out for more money.

>>1179276
>>1179283
>>1179316
Thanks for the input guys, its much appreciated.

Yeah I want to get something cheap for a quick concept, raise the funds for it, then pay top dollar for someone good.

I know I cant be the only one that outsources programming work
>>
>>1179516
>Yeah I want to get something cheap for a quick concept
Find some kid from 4chan, or some discussion forum related to your idea's niche?

promise him fame and a little money and maybe future work if the idea is a hit
>>
Sorry no programmers are available... All the programmers are busy making shitcoins trying to get rich.
>>
>>1179283
>So you're saying if someone came to you right now with a shitty app idea, you would waste your time making it for them for 50% of the revenue?

A good developer would be smart enough to not say yes to every such offer as you say above. For starters, he will evaluate whether the software has a chance of making money and he will also consider whether the counter party can be trusted.
>>
>>1179241
uni students are as cheap as they get
>>
>>1179241
btw what do you call cheap?
cause here in eastern europe it could be nice pay.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.