[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you make good money in the military?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: service.png (690KB, 1137x757px) Image search: [Google]
service.png
690KB, 1137x757px
Can you make good money in the military?
>>
I only walked away with 20k after 4 years. I also did two deployments, no bonus, lived out in town with gf, and partied a lot. But if you play it right, you could be a shut in, live in the barracks, claim dietary habbits for extra money on food, contract marriage (spouse gets free health care you get separation pay and BAH) sell plasma (worth more after vaccinations) etc you could do it big
>>
Also never take leave and sell it back 2.5 days a accumulates per month. Charge 50 bucks to work someones weekend/holiday duty. Get as much college while in the service (its free)
>>
>>1179253
That sounds rough, honestly. What branch/job were you in?
>>
>>1179264
I was a pog in the marines. I didnt do any of that shit, just know about it. I got out in 2010 but im sure most still applies
>>
File: bait 1.jpg (23KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
bait 1.jpg
23KB, 308x308px
>>1179235
you can't just join the military just to say you want to make money. the military is a choice of lifestyle. most importantly your life belongs to uncle sam when you join. if you don't like it you can't just quit. i hope you are baiting OP
>>
>>1179235
Like any other profession, it depends on what you want to do, how good you are at kissing ass to the higher-ups, and how much you intend to take advantage of the benefits unique to the armed forces (base housing, education grants, etc.).

>>1179253
Pretty much what this guy said. If you're smart about it, and have a good head on your shoulders, you can pack away a nice nest egg in just a few years by taking advantage of the lifestyle.

Plus, if you make a legit career out of it, you can feasibly get a pension out of the deal too.
>>
My sister joined and she had to pay for her own uniform, lmao
>>
>>1179422
someone correct me if im wrong but i heard they get paid after recruit training but from that very pay they discount the expense in uniforms and other stuff
>>
>>1179515
They pay you during recruit training and expenses come out of your first check.

For the Navy anyway.
>>
>>1179235
If you go in as an officer and decide to stay the 20 years and get your promotions then yeah. If you stay in 20+ years that's where the real money is.
>>
>>1179235
well, you'll make money, i can tell you that
>>
File: 1459375942006.jpg (229KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1459375942006.jpg
229KB, 1280x853px
>>1179235

Real talk op from a guy of an average rank in the military. (e4)

I take home about 3100 a month but I am getting BAH (additional money given for rent), and I don't really go out. I only spend about 1700 a month on expenses and save the rest.

However my circumstances are semi rare and a lot of branches don't give people BAH unless you are in for awhile.

A lot of people are poor as fuck in the military because they finance the latest bro truck every year and rack up credit card debt on stupid shit. If you are frugal you can save a fair amount, I would say if you are young it's a good job plus pay for college, as a career unless you go officer not really.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.