[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /biz/ think about commission jobs? I make 10 an hour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: commission.jpg (208KB, 900x729px) Image search: [Google]
commission.jpg
208KB, 900x729px
What does /biz/ think about commission jobs? I make 10 an hour in a kitchen and I dont feel that suits my strong points. My customer service is excellent, at every job everyone always tells me how good I am at it, and I have a huge amount of empathy, and for some reason I feel like I'd do well in a commission based job. What do you guys think? Is there anything I should know ahead of time? Any stories?
>>
>>1179187
>>1179187
bump
>>
I just started one this week. Supposedly, you get what you put in so if you can close a lot of deals, you'll make lots of money but if you underperform, you get canned. Definitely, not for anyone looking for secure stable income.
>>
>>1179417
Isee
>>
>>1179187
Working at a car dealership is quite good for comission due to the expense of cars.
Although I'm not sure how often you'll get to sell a car
>>
>>1179801
If youre good you can make a career out of it right? But if you dont sell anything you dont get any money for the day do you
>>
>>1179187
Customer service isn't the same in sales as it is in other jobs imo, getting people to like you is an easy way to get people to buy but at the end of the day you have to be willing to be a cunt and push hard for a deal. Empathy means nothing in and of itself.

How are your communication skills, written, verbal and body language?
Are you naturally competative?
How would your discribe your posstion in your group of friends?
Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
>>
>>1179187
Seems like a good option for people w/o an education.

Otherwise hits the books w/ the gooks.
>>
>>1179187

Mostly they are shit.

But occasionally they rock.

Just depends on if it is a hot product and how good your training is.
>>
>>1179187
Really depends on the job. If it is Pajeet trying to sell a product in a mall, don't do it. If it is something that sells good, jump on it. Also the option stands of getting a job that pays and you just get an extra commission for selling certain stuff like jewelry or suits. My manager did the jewelry one once at JC Penney and made bank because she was good at it, and she told me of one high class store that did the clothes commission on top of great pay (and a free outfit out of it too) but it is too far away from my house to be an option.

Look around and ask around, mang.
>>
>>1179828
>How are your communication skills, written, verbal and body language?
Really good imo
Are you naturally competative?
Not really at all
>How would your discribe your posstion in your group of friends?
A leader, a guy that everyone loves talking to. The guy everyone talks shit about eachother with. The middle man
>Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
Extrovert

>you have to be willing to be a cunt and push hard for a deal. Empathy means nothing in and of itself.

Yeah this is the hard part for me, If I think the product is bullshit i wont wanna really sell it, and I hate bothering people. Like nothing pisses me off more than to go look at cars and have like 6 dudes come out harassing me
>>
>>1179881
At the kitchen I work at which is in a club, there are always dudes in suits selling direct TV. Told me it pays super good, way enough to live off of. I can tell they are very outgoing people but im sure they annoy the fuck out of people because i see them go up to literally everyone asking if they wanna hear there offer about direct tv. I am annoyed and they havent even asked me
>>
>>1179187
they suck hard balls?
>>
>>1180725
wanna say why?
>>
I got a commission job at 18 made 25 bucks an hour on average it's good if you can sell
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.