[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal Pump and Dump?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 216_pumpanddump_421x236.jpg (81KB, 680x381px) Image search: [Google]
216_pumpanddump_421x236.jpg
81KB, 680x381px
Are pump and dump scams illegal because investors lose their money or because the stock crashes? Cause if its about investors losing money, then why not just sell your investors shares in their name when you sell yours? Everybody profits from the pump and dump in that situation, right?
>>
>>1178494
>Cause if its about investors losing money, then why not just sell your investors shares in their name when you sell yours? Everybody profits from the pump and dump in that situation, right?

Because there isn't that many buy orders. Lmao.
>>
Because it violates the law of money conservation.

Above all else, the government wants to make sure that

Money in = money out

Pump and dumps allow people to create money by raising the price and then quickly selling. That means people end up with a net increase in the total money supply. It's been a huge problem historically and is the leading cause of inflation
>>
>>1178619
But they don't.

In order to sell at $20/share you need buyers at $20/share. They're the ones who get screwed(as well as the other adopters when the price plummets)
>>
>>1179007
This desu, you know how OTCs work, right, OP? And it is simple math, it is impossible for both you and the investors to get profits from this, it is coming at the expense of the investors.
>>
>>1178494
Pump and dump are legal as long as you don't give misleading information.

For example you can shill all you want just don't say stuff that are obviously false/misleading.
>>
>>1178494
>market
>everyone making money
So do the brokers pay traders?
>>
>>1178494
>Everybody profits from the pump and dump in that situation, right?

Do you know how the market works son. Your profit has to come from somewhere.
>>
>>1178494
Don't be unethical
>>
>>1179069
>it is impossible for both you and the investors to get profits from this
That's not what Bernie Sanders told me.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.