[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Fags?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
What do you guys think about getting job training and education through the military? I was a burn-out up until a while ago and figured that I should go into nuclear engineering once I realized I had the knack and passion for it. Apparently Nukes make more than most officers, and have crazy good job prospects even if they only do the minimum 6 years? Plus, the G.I. Bill seems like a good way to get a minor in logistics, finace, or something (the nuke training is about enough to get 50-60 credits and I'm just finishing up my AS). Anyways are any of you guys going this route, or am I just taking the poorfag way out?
>>
>>1176760
Don't the cons out weigh the Benits every time. I was in for four years the only thing it taught me that can be applied to the civilian world is common sense and that could be fucking learned without risking your fucking life
>>
Jamie?
>>
>>1176856
What was your MOS/Rating? What do you do now?
>>
>>1176760
well, the military has a program for enlisted folks. It'll get you into the Military Academies of your choice. typically like 150 slots only 30 applicants. If you want to richfag it. apply to this program if you meet min requirements.
FREE Prestigious College. Time served counts towards your officer time,
Officer Job is slack. Get as much college as possible in Military b/c 100% reimbursement.
Most of the Military credits are Useless Civ side w/o degree, but not at military academy.

Access to preferred banking, and insurance products w/ USAA.
Preferential Treatment on lending side w/ VA Homeloan up to 450k, Fasttrack treatment w/ Small Business Association.
DISCOUNTS EVERYWHERE. home depot Lowes in particular.

GI BILL IS BASED, college tuition money, book money, staff sergeant w/ dependent stipend per enrolled month.

FREE HEALTHCARE TILL YOU DIE.
Disability Checks in the mail till you DIE.
>>
>>1176856
When the fuck is the navy ever in danger? The only countries we attack are shitskin ones that can't build boats because they have no water.
>>
>>1176952
Enroll into a school for engineering (I recommend mechanical or nuclear) and try to get in the NUPOC.

>5k a month from your soph/junior year til graduation
>become officer
>grad level nuclear education
>cool navy shit
>amazing civilian prospects.

Almost did it until I thought about losing 10 years of my life. Better routes to more money but if you want to play soldier then it's not a bad route.
>>
>>1176856
Armyfag pls go.
>>
>>1176946
What do you mean 150 slots and only 30 applicants? How hard is it to get into that they must be super dooper selective?
>>
I know two former Nukes at work, they're good guys. One has a PhD and one has an MS. The only issue I think is that you're gonna be old once you get out of the service, and really old once you finish college.
>>
>>1177573
Finishing up my associates before I leave, but yea i'll be 27 if I do the minimum service years.
>>
>>1177558
Cause they want salty active duty folk.
>>
File: gun1265153739828.jpg (104KB, 809x585px) Image search: [Google]
gun1265153739828.jpg
104KB, 809x585px
>>1177558
I'm saying its a shoe in. If you meet the minimums you're in.

170 slots
http://www.academyadmissions.com/admissions/advice-to-applicants/enlisted-airmen/

Direct in w/ commanders nomination
http://www.usma.edu/admissions/sitepages/faq_soldiers.aspx

http://www.usna.edu/Admissions/Steps-for-Admission/Active-Duty-Service-Applicants.php
>>
>wanting to go nuke

There's a reason that they get paid 50k per year bonuses for re-enlistment. Anybody that needs to pay you that much dish to try to keep you from leaving is probably having you work a shit job.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.