[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College Decision

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: yeet.jpg (4KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
yeet.jpg
4KB, 300x300px
i know biz has mostly autists, but hopefully someone can help. i am graduating from hs this year (18 yrs old) and want to pursue finance in college. as far as college admissions, i have been accepted into ucsb, pepperdine, and syracuse. not great business schools, so i was wondering if i should go to community college for 2 years and transfer to lets say ucla, or have 4 years in a finance program. my only concern with cc is that it may affect interships and stuff further down the line.
>>
>>1176376
Go to a CUNY community college.
There should be no excuse for not getting a 4.0 if you aren't a slobbering idiot.

Transfer to CUNY Baruch-Zicklen School of Business to finish your undergraduate program, and transfer the relevant credits.
Study like mad. Get as close to a 4.0 as possible and suck up to as many department heads for recommendations as possible.

Finally, if you play your cards right, then you can enter a graduate program at NYU Stern (as I did) or any business school of your choosing.

>Protip: rent as cheaply as possible, even if it means living with 5 other people, however ensuring your belongings are safely stored away and literally bolted to the ground. I emphasize literally.
>>
I forgot to respond to this point:

>>1176406
>my only concern with cc is that it may affect interships and stuff further down the line.
During your first two years in which you are in CC, you can put internships to the side, or you can intern for "low-ball" firms.
>( I interned for a small accounting firm during this period.)
When you are in the undergraduate program, they will not blacklist you for formerly being in a community college
(I interned abroad in Israel).

Also, if you are of the "tribal" persuasion, join Hillel and/or Chabad.
>>
>>1176414
thanks for the advice, but some of it doesn't apply cause i live in california and my parents probably wouldnt want me going to cc in ny. in general, i just want to know if there is anything wrong with going to cc and getting into a better school than i have already.
>>
last bump
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.