[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Charge 50 cents a packet. Why won't this work biz?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: mad money.png (174KB, 768x614px) Image search: [Google]
mad money.png
174KB, 768x614px
Charge 50 cents a packet. Why won't this work biz?
>>
>>1176002
what exactly are you proposing?
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 287x175px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 287x175px
Putting machines that vend packets of healthy mixes in front of bottle water fountains. Instead of buying pic related they can make their own for 1/4 the cost and no waste of a bottle.
>>
>>1176049
hey thats actually a good idea.
>>
>>1176049
throw some "reducing plastic waste" marketing in there
>>
>>1176002
start hitting up gyms first, most people will be using the water fountain and carrying a water bottle there. maybe have packets of protein powder too
>>
>>1176049
this is a great idea!
>>
>>1176002
Selling water (additives) is all about marketing, see vitamin/fidji/donkeyjizz water etc.
You need a lot of cash upfront to get your vending machines and said marketing and that's all eating up your slim profits at 50 cents a piece. If anything, make it $5 a piece and promise some esoteric mumbojumbo (aka marketing).
>>
>>1176099
>>1176110
Damn thanks guy's. I was thinking high schools and colleges more. Protein might be hard to break into because the cost of the individual packets is so high. Maybe if there was a way to manufacture my own and sell it for like 1.5?
>>
>>1176133
I could buy one of these machines for 300 dollars. I can get packets for 24 cents right now and maybe even lower. I would need to sell 1200 packets to break even for the year or about 3.2 a day. That is like nothing in terms of start up for a vending business. I'm competing on price more than anything , why would I make mine twice as expensive as a bottle of coke?
>>
Vending machine general? I buy a box of 6 poptarts at 3.xx and sell them at 2 a piece in my vending machine. Chips I buy at .50 and sell for a 1. I run through a lot of candy bars but at most .20 profit each. Paid 800 for the machine and easily make 50-60 bucks a week.
>>
>>1176150
you're going to have to give the college a cut too. That's the only way they'll let you install these in their schools. The plus side is most colleges have "student cards" that are loaded with mommy and daddy's money. Student simply swipes and boom: -0.50 comes from their student (a.k.a their parents') account. Makes it easier since many people don't carry around coins anymore.

You can also consider partnering with gyms and shopping malls.
But your pitch will be largely dependent on "what's in it for me" and you will need numbers to back up your claim that this is a profitable venture for both the college (and yourself)
>>
>>1176267
Run a test market. Get a gym or two to install one with various products and see how it goes.
>>
>>1176191
Where did you get the machine? What was the ROI? Where did you install? Have any trouble with the mob?
>>
>>1176049
worth a try but there are a couple differences in the appeal of a v8 and emergen-c.

people don't impulsively buy healthy shit as much as they do unhealthy shit, so if you're investing in a vending machine then at least throw some options in there, preferably something exotic.
>>
I ordered a laundry bag vending machine offline, wish me luck with the grand experiment bros.
>>
>>1177228
You better get on it cause this is a great idea and I am sure as fuck going to give it a try too.
Best of luck. Maybe one day we can join forces into one mega vending empire
>>
>>1176002

This is a good idea. I like it.

Sit down with an engineer and see if he can build you a simple machine.

Then pitch the machine to gym owners, etc...

The only issue I see, is that it is such low revenue. You would need like 100 or more of these out there to even be making any money
>>
This is a good idea and I'm happy to see it on /biz/.
However, the costs of this venture would be high. Manufacturing the product isn't even as expensive as trying to get your foot in the door.
>>
>>1177818
hey fuck you and good luck
>>1177834
I see this as low risk low reward at first. If it goes ok then I think I will try to expand to protein packs which have higher margins and returns. i think each will cost less than 500 to set up
, so to sell like 3 a day would be return on investment.
>>
>>1176002
lol I thought you were proposing that people drink vitamin C enhanced bleach
>>
>>1176002

Stupid idea. This would only work if people carried their own water bottles. If they did, the packet would eventually leave residue in the water bottle. Most people that carry water bottles use them for water only. Also, while it may seem silly, mixing water and powder is to much work for the consumer, they want it ready as is. And lastly, all those mixer packets suck and taste like dick.
>>
>>1179767

Water bottles appear to be covered by purchasing from a nearby vending machine. This seems like a supplementary machine.
>>
>>1179789
Why would they buy a water bottle and this, deal with two machines and pay twice as much, just to get a product that's worse than a juice that's already in a bottle?
>>
File: merchant.jpg (4KB, 124x94px) Image search: [Google]
merchant.jpg
4KB, 124x94px
>>1179802
>eal with two machines and pay twice as much, just to get a produc

This guy is getting it.
I like the idea of vending machines, and hope to get a chance to try it out myself someday, but this is extremely niche that unless you own a gym or something, would not be profitable at all.
>>
>>1179767
You have never been to a gym have you? Everyone puts protein and flavoring in their shaker bottles.
>>
>>1179767
You raise some good points. However to counter them I would say the target buyer is already very health conscious and would not mind the inconveniences for nutritional benefits. In fact I'm betting they would be very tempted to "boost" their healthy water with supplements. If they refill their bottle three times a day , why not just once splurge. Rinsing the bottle out is as easy as putting it under the spigot right i n front of them. Some people don't like the taste of wheat grass or tofu or spinach , these packets are even more palatable. Plus all of these powders have indefinite shelf life so I think there's little risk. If it doesn't work so what I lost 300 bucks. If it does work I've opened up a new market.
>>1179802
>>1179823
>>1179767
>>1179789
does a green id flag for retardation?
>>
>>1180523

If they were truly health conscious they wouldn't be using flavor packets anyway. To do whey protein you would have to charge a dollar or more.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.