[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: JobSites.Feat_1.jpg (81KB, 1600x827px) Image search: [Google]
JobSites.Feat_1.jpg
81KB, 1600x827px
If you are someone getting a real job for the first time is it better to do part time for a while first to get comfortable with it and then get a full time later or to go straight to doing full time? Money and benefits and stuff like that being no object ?
>>
Part time if you go to school or are super nervous

Full time if you ain't a pussy. Usually you can start full time and if it doesn't work tell your boss about it.
>>
>>1175857
>are super nervous

Yeah I guess that's an issue , anxiety is a bitch. I just have had trouble finding part time and was weighing that maybe I'll have to consider full. I just dunno. Part time for me would seem like it would make more sense but like I said lack of opportunities.
>>
>>1175859
what kind of job are you thinking? what is your location? here in USA it is super easy to get a part time job (if you like working 3-5 hours 4-5 times a week)
>>
>>1176021
I'm in North Carolina, I guess something in a warehouse or something where I can just do something by myself not really having to talk to people. I can't really do stuff like mcdonalds or walmart as that involves a lot of customer relations stuff that would be really hard for me. So far I only had one possible thing but then they went into a hire freeze before hiring me so they never hired me but I mean it's still in a remote possibility I get called back later. Job finding place has had no luck finding anything else part time.
>>
File: Uncle1.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle1.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
On the topic of jobs.

I have an interview tomorrow for a position at a CNC Machining plant where they train people to become CNC operators and machinists. I want to have the best possible chance. Does anyone have any advice or information to give me so I can really nail the interview.

I'm gonna go suited up and at least 15 minutes early. I have no machining experience but I did spend time working on STIHL power equipment. I do consider myself mechanically inclined.
>>
>>1176056
DO. NOT. GO INTO A PLANT. OR BLUE COLLAR INTERVIEW. WEARING A FUCKING SUIT.

Dress nice, but DO NOT wear a full on fucking suit. I've seen idiots wearing full suits for an assembly job and they look like morons. don't be that guy
>>
>>1176159
So dress pants, a nice shirt and a tie.
>>
>>1176165
Yes look presentable but do not fucking wear a suit for the love of god. Unless this is some weird twilight zone type CNC shop where they're wearing suits, don't wear a suit. A tie might be even be too much. Try googling it.

Just don't go in with a graphic t and jeans lmao.
>>
>>1176169
>googling
Nah, I really want this job. It's an actual career field I'm interested in. The Bennies are gr8. They pay you full time while training and they don't have any requirements other than pass a background check and drug screen. They have a few assessment tests I'll probably be taking tomorrow as well.
>>
>>1176173
Also, I didn't mean to ironically greentext googling.
>>
>>1176173
I was saying google what to wear to get a better idea, i don't know if the tie would be too much but I would say it would be fine. Just be enthusiastic, and try to sell yourself. U got this anon.
>>
>>1176159
I feel like suits in general are so incredibly overrated that I'm glad people are starting to change when it comes to this. You can look just fine and not go that crazy.
>>
>>1176181
>>1176185
Thanks for the help brother. I'm gonna nail this shit. I need to nail it so I can score myself a good future.

Full time machinists there make 30$ an hour at top level, and 34$ an hour if you do 3rd shift.

I would start out at 15$ an hour and I would be able to get that 4$ shift differential too if I did 3rd shift.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.