[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Debt/Gold/Paypal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: gold-grills-cat.jpg (122KB, 667x667px) Image search: [Google]
gold-grills-cat.jpg
122KB, 667x667px
Hey biz,

I have no money but a decent credit score, I can use paypal credit to buy something with 6 months no payments + no interest.

I was considering buying gold bullion on ebay, then selling it when gold prices went up. I feel like 6 months is enough time to be able to get the money back and then some.

My only experience with shit like this is buying musical equipment low and selling it high

Flaws in my logic? Thoughts, options?
>>
The problem is that there's no guarantee that gold will be worth more in the future. It's pure speculation.
>>
>>1175860
I see, so it could tank completely despite being considered one of the safest investments...
>>
>>1175846
>buy gold
>pay 8% of its value to get it sent to you
>sell it later
>4-5% tacked off the price to buy it from you
Gold bullion is one of the most retarded flips one could try to make.

You would be better off buying a ETF of diversified metals to hold in a portfolio or a gold mining company/index if you want to speculate.
>>
>>1175846
just flip more gear man, guaranteed profits and you can mostly easily avoid dealing with shitheads
>>
>>1175884
It doesn't have to tank completely for you to lose a lot of money on the deal as-is.

And, I'd definitely challenge you on gold being "safe".

>>1175910
Exactly
>>
>>1175884
Yes, absolutely. It could tank.

Also, if you do this AND you have good reason to believe that the price will go up (and you'd be delusional...), just be responsible and buy put options to limit your downside risk.

Betting on gold going up is in the same vein as betting on economic stagnation/decay.
>>
>>1175846

> buy gold
> wait 6 months
> resell said gold
> taking in account fees at 18%
> taking in account shipping costs
> would have to make 30% or more
> in 6 months

I say go for it biscuit!
>>
>>1175920
Ok, better to stick with someting I know I suppose
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.