[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is college a scam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: reasons to live 1.jpg (74KB, 482x395px) Image search: [Google]
reasons to live 1.jpg
74KB, 482x395px
I was going to ask /pol/ about this one, but i felt this board would be more knowledgeable on the situation.

Do you really need to go to college to be successful in life?
I hear all the time about people in their 20's and early 30's making lot's of money with just a G.E.D. and some initiative.
>>
>>1171950
>I hear all the time about people in their 20's and early 30's making lot's of money with just a G.E.D. and some initiative.

That's because you don't hear about the ones that fail, or work minimum wage well into their 40's.
>>
>>1171953
This. College is meant for people who were gonna succeed regardless. Do a trade job if yourw uncertain so you aont waste taxpayer money for subsidized loans that you'll eventually default on if you major is horse manure studies. If you believe in yourself then go! Study aomething that will make you an asset and that can be suplemented on with certifications etc. If you go the b.a. route you abso fucking lutely havd to do additional things outside of school if you want a livable wage. Also make friends with professors just in case you need letters of rec. Usually you can just check theit website or c.v. and just chat about current events that pertain to their interest. Really strokes their ego since the majority of students treat college like high school and not an academic institution.
>>
>>1172000
Typo's everywhere because im on my phone.
>>
>>1171950
some people that didn't go to college are very rich. most are very poor.

some things in college are not lucrative to study , iE humanities, but if you're learning Something with actual workplace applications then generally you'll be okay
>>
>>1171950
It depends on major and how you spend your time. 90% of the time it is assuming you go to a state school. Most private schools are scams.
>>
there's nothing wrong with working until you hit a wall or realize what you want to do

i go to a commuter school and there are plenty of 'later in life' learners. they reached as high as they could with their diploma or associates and do part-time, or even some kind of deal they work out with their employers for time or tuition.

it's better than getting into debt for your BA in international anthropology and working at starbucks, that's for sure
>>
>>1171950
are you a successful person outside of school? then you should never walk into a university as a student.

are you confused about what you should do? (hence your dumb cunt shitpost to strangers) then apply to the best school you can get into, and use their resources to figure out what you like and what you're capable of. you will need friends your age who will one day work with you or vouch for you, and you will need friends who have worked in the industry. the degree and grades should be the last thing on your mind.
>>
File: costofliving1938.jpg (111KB, 598x811px) Image search: [Google]
costofliving1938.jpg
111KB, 598x811px
Government subsidizing student loans is a scam, which leads to inflated prices for college which in turn make it a scam too.

The student loan bubble isn't happening by accident. For an insolvent government, $1,000,000,000,000+ of interest-bearing debt is a fantastic asset to own. The government wants as many of its citizens in debt to it as possible, as debt is marked as an asset on the creditors balance sheet.

Students taking government loans are indeed becoming a kind of indentured servant to the government, seeing as they'll garnish all future wages you make until they get their money back.
>>
>>1171950
When will +biz realize that college is just meant for networking?
>>
Universities today are trying to out do each other in amenities. Bigger gyms, pools, etc, etc. Yeah, you're paying for that. That's why tuition is getting more expensive. Try to get grants and scholarships which doesn't need to be paid back. Only try loans as a final option since that shit is for life and doesn't get dropped even if you declare bankuptcy. Go to a community college for the first two years and do your general ed there and get an AA degree. That should also be cheap enough for you go try out some courses of your interest. You can always transfer to a university latter or not if college is not your thing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.