[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dropshipping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: The-Dropship-Model.png (131KB, 736x382px) Image search: [Google]
The-Dropship-Model.png
131KB, 736x382px
Yay or nay /biz/? With a $50,000k investment, would i be able to build a mostly automatic store and make a decent salary?
>>
>>1171690
*$50,000 before some smartass picks up on that mistake
>>
>>1171690
Yay, but only in specific circumstances where you can find an extremely reliable supplier that's willing to trade with you and act under the guise that they are in fact you.
>>
>>1171690
$50,000? Fuck... I started my business with $50, some scrap wood, and a beat up $25 saw I got off craigslist two years ago. Today it pays all the bills, and at any given point I'm sitting on $20,000 in inventory and about $7,500 in capital equipment.

Why is lining up sales before you've spent a dime of your own this impossible thing for everyone?

To answer your question: I fucking hope $50k is enough to start your engine. It should be enough for you to become the manufacturer/distributor yourself...

Good luck bro!
>>
>>1171731
deetz on details please senpai

interested in your parables
>>
>>1171733
It's really simple, but your mileage may vary with my specifics.

I built my girlfriend a coffee table that she was nagging me about. It occurred to me that this table that cost $12 to build was worth a hell of a lot more to her than what it cost in time and materials to build.

Run a simple craigslist add showing her table as the model. Get orders. Build them. Every one i sell, i keep a little money in to build two next time, or to expand product offerings. Rinse repeat. Rinse repeat.

Get a page going on facebook. Run some viral giveaway ads. Rinse repeat. Rinse repeat.

Basically, find the molecule of a working business system, eg $12 tables people pay $80 for, and hone, refine, and expands the system.
>>
>>1171734
Where's your furniture production warehouse that's completely automated and run by people who aren't you.

Where's your easy life???
>>
>>1171690
drop shipping has fuck all costs. If you can dev you can make a website for free and you can also market IRL
>>
>>1171760
Maybe in five years. I sip whiskey at 3:00 everyday, and I'm not stuck in a cubicle pretending to be busy. Even if i never male it to the easy life, for me this is the good life. Also, if i hit the lottery tomorrow, I'd be right back in here Monday morning don't it for free. To me, and this may sound alien to most folks, it's like I'm getting paid to jack off, or play video games, all day/everyday.
>>
>>1171760
this

>>1171734
You've done well and you should be proud, but this thread is about dropshipping m8
>>
>>1171792
I was offering my loosely related experience to say, "i can't envision a scenario in which your dropshipping thing can't be started with $50k." I wasn't aiming to hijack the thread.

Isn't the object of drop shipping to sell first and by after you have the end consumer's money? I guess I'm just confused about why you need more than a few k, tops, to set up your webshop and advertise.
>>
>>1171802
fair enough m8 more power to you.

I'm not just talking about opening a quaint little shop here though, I'm asking in regards to making $10k+ in a relatively short amount of time with marketing.

Should've included it in the OP I guess, my bad.
>>
>>1171803
Way outta my league, broseph. I'm a start on a shoestring guy...
Maybe some kind anon will come along with your answer, but you're in an ideal position to start small now and figure out what works/doesn't; then you can rapidly scale up, once you find the sweetspot.

Either way.

Bump.
>>
>order a bunch of shit from alibaba
>sign up for fulfillment by amazon
>advertise on amazon
>people place orders, amazon delivers them
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.