[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I consider becoming a real estate agent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: a6GNha0.jpg (829KB, 1700x2903px) Image search: [Google]
a6GNha0.jpg
829KB, 1700x2903px
Currently work at a retail store and get this, I actually like to work with the costumers and help them find what they need. As long as they don't smell or aren't complete assholes. Right now I'm in college about to start my courses in Computer Science next semester, but I'm afraid I won't find a job or won't like Computer Science. So, as a backup, I'm considering getting my real estate license and doing that. I haven't done any research on real estate yet, so I have no idea what to expect. Is it a good career? What if you live in NYC?
>>
If you want to earn around minimum wage on average unless you're the top 2% of real estate agents making millions, sure.
>>
>>1171299
Nothing wrong with having a backup plan. I think making a living in real estate would be harder than in computer science, so don't give that up. There are tons of real estate agents, it's not easy to compete, but it can be done.
>>
insurance selling license would probably be better for someone younger!
also, look into accounting if you dont like computer science!... a combination of both would likely land you a nice job!

then, after i had been a professional for a while, I would do real estate.
>>
>>1171299
more of dat ass, also. I'm in love.
>>
>>1171386
What's with the exclamation marks faggot
>>
>>1171394
I see no ass here
>>
>>1171394
bump
>>
I've been involved in real estate for awhile. An agent is an ok choice, but you need to actually understand what it entails.

First off, it's not a job, like what you'd get with a comp sci degree. It's basically starting a real deal business. Which means you're funding it, including marketing and setup costs, and no-one is going to care if you make any money at it except for you. And your first paycheck could be a long time coming, while your monthly expenses will keep coming. So have at least 6 months of living expenses PLUS investment capital before you start.

I believe why most people fail at it is because they think of it as a job, not a business.

I also wouldn't start into it without one-on-one private coaching.

HTH
>>
File: tumblr_nokh2fycOb1tg4qf5o1_500.jpg (51KB, 500x727px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nokh2fycOb1tg4qf5o1_500.jpg
51KB, 500x727px
>>1171309
>>1171791
If I'm going to put in that much work into something that might not even make me a lot of money I might as well invest my time in something else.
>>1171386
Yea I've heard about selling insurance but also don't know how that works. Would you also need to market yourself and stuff like that?
>>1171625
There is definitely an ass there, what are you talking about?
>>1171394
>>1171645
I'll try to find more qt's in the kitchen for you guys.
>>
File: 1459553086841.jpg (76KB, 515x768px) Image search: [Google]
1459553086841.jpg
76KB, 515x768px
>>1171299

It's okay, I was on path and did it for 5 months starting in july last year(I gave myself 6 months total). I knew nothing about real estate starting out. Most agents are lazy sacks of shit, if you aren't that you'll do well. I worked for one of those for a little less than 5 months. She never payed me but I kept working and spending money to get licensed, I got her 5 clients in that time, didn't see a dime, kept getting told it was for experience, I had a shitty job working fast food just to get by combined with savings. I ended up homeless because I ran out of money in my shitty savings and had to wait two weeks before my parents paid my way home. All in all I'd say save up a bit of money, get licensed and work your ass off for 6 months living off savings. I lost all my money on that shitty gamble. Get licensed so you can work independently and then actually work. Don't go in as half assed as I did
>>
>>1171386
>exclamation points
are you a new to the internet grandma?
>>
>>1171299
How to find job in retail???
I don't know how people get it.
Lend me some tips pls
>>
>>1172448
It was through a friend, I assume most people get their jobs this way. At least for small businesses. For something like Walmart or CVS I'm pretty sure you just apply and don't be a complete fuck up during the interview.
>>
>>1172390
Also, how are you doing now? Does it basically come down to not being a lazy sack of shit, and you'll do okay at least?
>>
>>1172521
Being successful in being a real estate agent requires that you be a really good salesman and have some marketing skills. You have to be able to form the right relationships with the right people.

When it comes down to it, the job of an agent really isn't difficult. Think it over. For most regular houses, the key thing is to convince buyers or sellers to choose you over someone else. That's about it.
>>
>>1171299
The constant hustle as a real estate agent will be soul sucking. Pursue compsci.

On another note, this thread has the April Fools day theme, but not other threads. Why?
>>
>>1172390
>She never payed me but I kept working and spending money to get licensed, I got her 5 clients in that time, didn't see a dime, kept getting told it was for experience,
Yeah you were an idiot. If you're giving goods immediately but aren't receiving cash in return you tell the bitch to fuck off
>>
>>1173418
You will always be a pawn in someone else's game of chess if you are an employee. Unless, you start your own business or make a very large commission like in real estate.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.