[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you best manage your finances in a marriage without getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1459448069346.jpg (34KB, 300x343px) Image search: [Google]
1459448069346.jpg
34KB, 300x343px
How do you best manage your finances in a marriage without getting cucked?

Of course if you have a girlfriend just split it 50/50 but curious what married couples do if the woman is a stay at home mum with the kids? (Does part-time work or little online money making too of course).

Do you share an investment account together or have your own, do you transfer her a set amount from your pay every month to cover all the expenses and shit she buys? How do you split allocated "leisure spending" money between you? Whose account do you keep the savings in?
>>
>falling for the marriage scam
Just give her all your money because you're going to lose it all in the divorce anyway.
>>
>>1171144
*tips fedora*

>>>/r9k/
>>>/pol/
>>
You share all of your finances when you get married and you discuss it and your budget with your spouse.

If you don't like that are you don't trust the other person, then you shouldn't have gotten married to them to begin with.

You are legally one entity when you marry.
>>
>>1171111
just pay enough of the bills to where she has close to the same amount of "spending" money as you do. ie if she makes 3k a month and you make 5k and theres 3k of bills, you pay 2k, she pays 1k
>>
>>1171111
generally its just shared accounts, you and the wife decide on a busget (which includes leisure spending allotment) and you set an amount over which you need to dicsuss any purchase (say 300 bucks)

So, you communicate like adults and budget likewise.
>>
>>1171111
You put it in one account and give her unfettered access to it.

It's not technically your money anymore if you earned it after you got married. I'm sure you were already aware of this before you got married.
>>
do not do:
>>1171158
>>1171244
>>1171270

you can have a joint checking/savings acct, but you have to each have your own personal accounts as well if you would like to maintain your sanity and relationship.
>>
>>1171111
>in a marriage
You already signed your financial independence away.
>>
>curious what married couples do if the woman is a stay at home mum with the kids?
Serious suggestion: You quantify how much the unpaid work at home is worth, usually by giving it an hourly rate based off the stay at home member's earning potential OR what it would cost for a maid to do it. The working partner than pays the at home partner for that work. Bills are split/negotiated after that.

My parents did this and I've never heard them fight over money. Mum's earning potential is actually more than Dad's (she's a doctor) so they would usually come to some sort of arrangement on the 'housekeeping' money. And sometimes Dad would be the one at home.

The house in in their joint name, but otherwise their finances are entirely separate.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.