[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go for it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: map-2.png (134KB, 985x531px) Image search: [Google]
map-2.png
134KB, 985x531px
Hello Biz! The Russian government is giving out free land. In an attempt to boost the economy of far east Russia ( pic related) every Russian citizen is eligible for one hectare of land (2.4 acres) in the far east of Russia. It is free of charge, tax free the first 5 years but it will go back to the government if nothing is done with it in 5 years. If any project is fulfilled it becomes yours after 5 years. Its possible to build a house there, engage in agriculture or anything really. Moreover, it is possible to enter a cooperative with any number of people and get a plot of land communally. So It is technically possible to find 100 homeless people and ask them to sign a few documents for a bottle of vodka. Lets say I have 10 hectares of land. or a 100. How is it possible to monetise it? What would you do if you had a bunch of land in east Russia? Should I go for it? the government website in Russian:http://xn--80aaggvgieoeoa2bo7l.xn--p1ai/
>>
>>1171092
grow weed
>>
>>1171105
I am way too beta for Russian prison. Even though I have to recognise that almost no other crops have as much return as weed. Also I am Buddhist so selling drugs goes against my vows.
>>
>>1171105
>grow cannabis in siberia
hmm
>>
>>1171110
It did sound absurd to me at first but perhaps the gentlemen meant that I should get an location away from people and set up an indoor growing operation. Siberia actually has some naturally growing psychedelic mushrooms. The shamans used to take them and then also drink the piss because it was already free of toxins but still had a psychedelic effect. The more you know.
>>
Hope to find minerals?

What kind of land are we talking. Is it icy wastes, like the free land up in Alaska?
>>
>>1171124
Well, I assume that it is not an option. There are quotas given to people of how much they can mine a year and when(mostly to Russian oligarchy and affiliated parties) I wish that it would be as easy as in the free world. Prospecting Siberia would be awesome. As for the land, one can choose from anywhere on the map(see pic on top). So literally anywhere from the north poll to an island 80 miles from the cost of japan. There are also territories bordering china and even close to best Korea lol. But the weather is still pretty cold even in the southern part. think north or west Europe type of temperature range.
>>
A better map
>>
>>1171092
do you get mineral rights to the land?
>>
>>1171092
Unless you're into agriculture, don't do it. First, you have to take into consideration the climate conditions where your field will be. next, find a suitable crop. When you find the suitable crop, you need to see if it's worth growing, from the profits aspect.

You have to realize that agriculture is literally an open-field factory. EVERYTHING can go wrong.
>>
>>1171134
>island 80 miles from the cost of japan

>get 2 islands with hobo trick
>declare independence
>sell 1 island to US military for billions
>use billions to build fallout shelter on other island
>????
>profit
>>
>>1171092
>agriculture
Don't listen to these commenters, they don't know shit. First you get the 100 homless and the land as close to real infrastructure as possible, possible to close to China. (use google map to explore beforehand)

Choose a land which is not filled with forest yet; forest it. Keep it clean like pic related. When 5 years due, you got shit to show, and you can cut it in like 10 years. Not a hard work + there might be governmental help for foresting.
>>
File: akacos_Galhidy_Laszlo_WWF.jpg (369KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
akacos_Galhidy_Laszlo_WWF.jpg
369KB, 800x600px
>>1171626
pic related
>>
>>1171092
Food forest that shit up Brah. Just planting annual crop plants (Korean stone pine should be hardy in that weather and it's a good cash crop once the trees mature) should qualify you for keeping the place, even if you're not there much. And as the planet warms, that place will be prime farmland.
>>
>>1171092
Souce on that OP or a lie.
>>
>>1171694
Source it yourself. Russia has been doing this for years.

It's really a pretty shitty deal.
>give people 3 acres in the middle of nowhere

In America you can get rural land for a thousand an acre. Everything is cheaper in Russia, so it's probably like a couple hundred dollars.
>>
File: Page 47.jpg (3MB, 2665x2532px) Image search: [Google]
Page 47.jpg
3MB, 2665x2532px
>>1171626
That is actually good advice. I was thinking that this was the easiest way to claim the land with minimum effort and its great to hear that from somebody else as well. Any tree experts here? What are the most expensive trees that grow in cold climates?
>>
>>1173081
How cold are we talking?

Sugar Maple trees produce a harvest every year.
>>
>>1173124
Sugar maple is definitely a promising option. Maple trees grow naturally in many parts of Russia so that shouldn't be a problem. Maple syrup is not consumed as much in Russia but maybe it would be possible to sell to US or Canada when the economic sanctions are lifted. Would maple syrup eating nations buy maple syrop made in Russia though?
>>
>>1173142
I really think that there could be a market for maple products in Russia if more Russians were exposed to them. Like maple butter. I have never found it outside of Quebec but I loved it to death when I was there.
>>
>>1171137
>Jewish AO
What's that?
>>
>>1173174
The first implementation of the idea to give Jews their own homeland. The early Soviet Union decided that its Jewish minority needed one, so it gave them a chunk of land in the Far East. Not many Jews migrated there, but supposedly a low double-digit percentage of the population are descended from Jews that did.
>>
>>1171694
http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/russia-giving-away-free-farmland-12-acres-family/ri9653
https://www.rt.com/politics/224099-russia-land-free-east/
>>
That's pretty neat, OP.

I wish I had free land :(
>>
>>1173124
>>1173142
make sure that Sugar Maple is a native species, though, you don't want to be responsible for an invasive scourge taking over Siberia
>>
>>1173811
You can buy acres of land so cheap in low population areas. If there were a good way to use this land people would already be developing it or doing something with it.
>>
>>1171092

Wow that is a nice deal. You should definitely jump all over that OP. You never know what the future will hold, and land as an investment is never a bad thing. If you can talk other out of their rights to land and accumulate a lot that would be amazing.
>>
>>1173142
In holland we love maple syrup on our pancakes, and its fecking expensive compared to shitty dutch sugary syrup. cuz we import it from canada.

Like dutch syrup is maybe 1.50 a bottle, and 'canadian' maple syrup is like 4.80 euro a bottle and its literally 1/3 of the size.

Hell if you supply me the syrup ill market and sell it here in the NL in a few years to come.
>>
>>1171137
If I had that opportunity, I would get land in Sakhalin. I would start an oyster farm there and export my produce to Asia.

As I make more money, I would buy more land, and hopefully in 10 years' time I own 10x more land, and start prospecting for energy resources.

That's what Russia needs in the far east. A competition to Australian monopoly on fresh farm produce.
>>
I guess tree farming would be your only option in that cold climate. Even then, is that enough to eek a living?

I wonder if it makes sense to greenhouse it and grow vegetables. Though that may be expensive.
>>
Make a time parallax to mix this event with when bitcoin mining was profitable
>>
>>1171092

I'm jealous as fuck OP. I've had fantasies about starting some sort of business in that part of the world for a long while. Im betting that in 30-50 years those regions are bustling centers of commerce.

Guess there are some advantages to being Russian.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.