[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: myspace_2012_original_logo.gif (15KB, 574x159px) Image search: [Google]
myspace_2012_original_logo.gif
15KB, 574x159px
what went wrong?
>>
You're saying its not cool anymore?
>>
Turned into a record label essentially
>>
didn't innovate,

didn't make the interface brain dead enough for normies
>>
I was a senior in high school when Myspace came out in 2003. Facebook came out the first year I was in college

Facebook was initially considered cool and hop because it was only for college kids.

I remember when Facebook first came out and people were actually buying legitimate college email addresses from students, so that they could use it.

Boomers and young millennials/Gen Z shitters were forced to use Myspace and college students got Facebook.

Facebook didn't allow community college email addresses at first either.
>>
>>1170832
facebook allowed attention whoring at optimum levels
>>
>>1170832
He had no drive to make money.
>>
MySpace got too crowded. Everybody's pages were filled with AutoPlay music and retarded animated wallpaper. There was no real content. Then Facebook cones along. It's minimalistic, clean, and focuses on content, what people have to say. Unfortunately, Facebook becomes more like MySpace every year, with sharing, sponsored content, emojis, and other retarded shit.
>>
>>1171119
>Facebook was initially considered cool and hop because it was only for college kids.
>I remember when Facebook first came out and people were actually buying legitimate college email addresses from students, so that they could use it.

This is what did it. They had the right demographic willing to share stuff on it to become popular.
>>
File: 1435426327352.png (724KB, 5000x2808px) Image search: [Google]
1435426327352.png
724KB, 5000x2808px
>>1170832

I deleted my Facebook yesterday after 5 years, finally realize what was making me act all weird. It really felt like high school every time I logged on.

also fucking Zuckcuckberg doesn't know how to make it so you can't go offline, when you turn your chat off you're still online ("1m ago", it will say to your friends).

I remember when I deleted my Myspace, a few months later Facebook became very popular. Soooooooo what does that mean? Google+?
>>
mark zuckerberg and a team of harvard-sana barbera programmers, lawyers, and accountants.... eye raped myspace into oblivion.....

myspace being an earlier invention, most millennials most likely chose to forget their sweaty preteen existences.. and what better way to start over than to get a facebook.
>>
I honestly don't know, I loved myspace and I clinged to it as long as I could till it was dead

probably had something to do with stupid normies and need a clean baby proof website
the customization of myspace was so cool, I will never understand why people traded it for fucking kikebook
>>
>>1171472
Dude, no have no idea how hideous some customized profiles were, often with autoplay, horrid neon colors, fonts and the 00's equivalent of emojis.

Also, MySpace was around when the Emo shit was all the rage, so you can imagine which customized pages you were more likely to see
>>
Facebook was "exclusive" because it was for college students only. Once they allowed anybody to sign up all the meme generation signed up. It's not rocket science.Now pretty much only ghetto sluts go on their complaining they can't find a real man and old people posting their political/racist forward images. Twitter has become more popular because you can actually connect and reach out to your idols, celebrities, YouTube stars, etc. It's not just liking a page and reading spam/promotional shit. It's actually them.
>>
File: 1391829122560.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1391829122560.gif
1MB, 320x240px
I personally know one of the cofounders.
Nothing went wrong for him, judging by the size of his LA mansion.
>>
Inferior tech stack and inability to scale because of it.
>>
>>1171112

This. Myspace was like those original smartphones that had touchscreens and a stylus. Then Facebook went hard in the paint and was like the Iphone, and then just raped the whole social media landscape.

Their norminess will be their downfall though. Young people getting tired of Tronbook.
>>
>>1170832
myspace wasnt targeted for older than 21 people ,so people grew out of it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.