[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you do unethical things to get rich?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: BernardMadoff.jpg (121KB, 936x936px) Image search: [Google]
BernardMadoff.jpg
121KB, 936x936px
Would you do unethical things to get rich?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1432867904342.jpg (91KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1432867904342.jpg
91KB, 600x634px
>>1170388
I once had a very strong moral compass, and would have said no off the bat. Nowadays, I think that I would go rather far down that grayscale to just not worry about losing my house or electricity. Pic related.
>>
>>1170388
Depends. When ends YOUR ethic limits?
>>
>Madoff
>made off
its like pottery
>>
>>1170388
Unethical? Absolutely. Illegal? No way.
>>
>>1170427

This. I wouldn't consistently do unethical acts but use it like an ace up my sleeve if things get dicey. Read The Prince. You have to know when to turn it on.
>>
File: 20151128_134455.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151128_134455.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
My first job out of college was as a very well paid engineer for a major manufacturing company. I was by far making more money than anyone else I knew in my age range.

After 6 months or so, they were nudging me to complete some very sketchy environmental reports. Not totally illegal, but very gray area.

I immediately jumped ship, mainly because I was a dumb, idealistic 22 year old, and I thought my brave actions mattered in the big picture. Also because I was worried that the guys upstairs were just using me as puppet for their dirty work, and it would come back to me eventually.

If I knew then what I know now, I probably would've done it. Everyone's hands are dirty at the end of the day, some people just don't like to admit it.
>>
>>1170494
you did the right thing faggot
>>
>>1170494
>Also because I was worried that the guys upstairs were just using me as puppet for their dirty work, and it would come back to me eventually.

that's exactly what it was anon.
>>
>>1170494
you fucking moron, squandering the advantages you had
>>
>>1170427
it's only illegal if you get caught
>>
>>1170494
How much had you been paid?
>>
File: Kanye_west_thinking.jpg (23KB, 580x388px) Image search: [Google]
Kanye_west_thinking.jpg
23KB, 580x388px
>>1170494
>Everyone's hands are dirty at the end of the day, some people just don't like to admit it.
I am going to use that on my next mixtape.
>>
>>1170710
THANKS BILLARY
>>
>Also because I was worried that the guys upstairs were just using me as puppet for their dirty work, and it would come back to me eventually.

I run an industrial wastewater treatment plant- this is exactly how it works.
>>
Definitely. People can turn their noses up at you, but you can feel ashamed all the way to the bank.

Illegal, on the other hand, no.Simply because jail time and fines are considered losses of capital.
>>
>>1170494
> Also because I was worried that the guys upstairs were just using me as puppet for their dirty work, and it would come back to me eventually.

This. You made the right choice anon.
>>
Well most people at the top of the food chain have used unethical techniques. Aslong as you don't completely destroy someone its fine. I would even go as far as getting someone fired for my own personal gain.
>>
Entirely depends on the specific thing and who considers it to be unethical.
>>
Yes, wouldn't you.
>>
>>1170388
what do you mean by unethical ?
what is unethical in one country may be a norm in another country.
in italy it's unethical to use decaf coffee in cafes, where in america and other countries it's considered normal, based on the consumer is kang n sheit.
>>
>>1170388
Yeah probably, but I would do it in such a way that the responsibility falls on others.
>>
Ethical action is an impossibility. That being said, illegal action is where I draw the line in business.
>>
Unethical? Yes.
Illegal? Depends if I get caught or not.
>>
>>1170388
I'd probably do scams.
>>
I would literally kill someone ahead of me for an executive position.
>>
>>1170494
For what it's worth, thank you for doing this
>>
>>1170388
No, but I think my morals are quite different than the average man.
Most of the time I believe the most logical answer is the most right one too.
>>
>>1170388
if it's legal, I'll do it.
Of course, everything is legal with enough money (lobbying).

Ultimately though it boils down to how much short-term profit I can make without damaging my long-term profit.
>>
>>1170388
Really depends on how unethical we're talking.
Scamming Rich People and Corporations?
Yeah
Scamming Poor people
Probably not.
>>
>>1172191
I'd kill you to defend my executive position.
>>
>>1172228
Poor people scam themselves, that's why they're poor.
>>
>>1170388
No, my morals are pretty much the only thing I have that keep me going. The majority of people on this planet are awful and would kill for money if they could get away with it and I don't see the point in contributing to that shit.

Then again I come from wealth so I can afford to be ethical and good.
>>
I already have.

I shilled Ethereum here for months and it paid off big time. My only regret is not putting more than $8k into ETH. I could have risked up to ~$25k at the time, although I couldn't afford to lose that much if ETH tanked.
>>
>>1172294
Does biz have a big enough community to actually pump anything?
>>
>>1172296
Find a com0any with lower than a 300,000 market cap that wont defualt immediatly to use some sort of self creditor scheme and walk away with the bank.

So no.
>>
>>1172294
>implying the hours and hours you put into shilling did jack shit
/biz/ is a tiny ass board dumbshit. Even if some people did bought you didnt even scratch the surface of the $40mil/day marketcap. Kill yourself.

>>1172296
A blow up doll?
>>
>>1170388

What do you define as unethical OP?

Stealing, raping, killing, lying and cheating pretty much covers everything and are clearly wrong.
>>
>>1170494

What a terrible way to go through life thinking that.

I'm sure there are plenty of teachers, cops, doctors, priests, accountants, housewives, farmers, etc that don't have to say that at the end of the day.
>>
>>1172127
are you being serious? Ethics aren't the same thing as culture or laws dumbass.
>>
File: 1459553449913s.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1459553449913s.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>1172256
exactly this. What purpose do we even have that holds value; other than helping people and making sure the human race evolves.
>>
>>1170494
EPA would have fined the company which would get you fired anyway.
>>
File: Laughing business whores.jpg (179KB, 1200x858px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing business whores.jpg
179KB, 1200x858px
>>1170494
>management was just testing your ethical response
>3:2 odds you would refuse to do it
>holy shit he quit? ofuck ok
>>
>>1172413
>What purpose do we even have that holds value; other than helping people and making sure the human race evolves?
Making sure only the right humans evolve.
>>
File: 1459555251415s.jpg (3KB, 125x70px) Image search: [Google]
1459555251415s.jpg
3KB, 125x70px
>>1172436
And what qualifies as right? Everyone deserves a chance to be a good person and live.
>>
>>1172221
This
>>
>>1172221
>ultimately though it boils down to how much short-term profit I can make without damaging long-term profit.
Fucking this
>>
>>1170388
I would drown kittens for an extra 10k off the books per year.
>>
>>1170388

I don't want to be rich, just free.
>>
>>1172449

>says gay shit
>posts reactions from that gay kids show

I do agree with you though. If they're not hurting anyone, then it's not your business to mess with them. Some people can't deal with that.
>>
>>1170388
Yes, and I don't know a single person who wouldn't.
>>
>>1170388
Yes, I have considered a lot. Thinking about maybe hiring some young hungry money retards that will prepare and sell drugs for me but I know I don't have the balls to do it, even though it wouldn't be hard and would earn a lot.
>>
>>1170388
Depends on your definition of "unethical things."
>>
>>1172235
Kek. Brutal desu
>>
just invested in oil so i can profit from wars and other forms of exploiting the goyim that will be started to get the price up again

there might be a habbening in the caspian with azerbaijan vs. armenia war, russia&iran backing armenia, west backing azers
>>
File: ss+(2015-07-19+at+03.04.40).jpg (13KB, 409x386px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-07-19+at+03.04.40).jpg
13KB, 409x386px
>>1170388
Yes. I'd blackhat all the way to the top if I could and not get caught. I've been burned enough times in life to no longer care. It's like when people scream about how the wealthy pay lower tax rates than the 39.6% bracket the government puts them in. "WAHH THEY USED TAX LOOP HOLES!!! WAHH" I honestly applaud that kind of thing. Once you make more than $40k per year, you realize just how much the IRS tries to fuck everyone over. Sure, it's not good "for the country", but what has the country done for you lately? Hell, for the majority of us on this board that are White, the government overtly tries to fuck us over.

If I can make money for myself and my family by taking a blackhat route, so be it.
If I can cut my taxes at the expense of the state, so be it.
If I can live a better life by exploiting someone else's labor, so be it.

I don't give one f*ck anymore. The hardest part is giving the outward impression that you're still a gullible dope like half the others.
>>
File: pepe114.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
pepe114.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>1172235
this is true, at least for the western world.
>be me, middle class.
>buy the cheapest food that wont give you instant cancer.
>shop around for about a month for anything over $20.
but everyone i know that has issues with money buy the most expensive food and too much of it, and impulse buy everything the own.
>>
>>1172763
In this world you can only be free if you're rich tho
>>
I'd do anything to get rich.

And by anything, I literally mean ANYTHING, not just your "anything, but I won't really strangle puppies or anything like that"
>>
>>1173049
It's true that white people got it so tough today. Some days I cry 'If only I was born black, or pakistani, or mexican!'
>>
>>1173226

>he would do anything
>wouldnt start sucking cock for $20 a pop

easiest money you'll ever make and you won't do it. dont fucking come on here and lie.
>>
>>1170388

You will never be rich if you stick with ethics
>>
File: tumblr_inline_na6hkitf2M1rf82se.jpg (66KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_na6hkitf2M1rf82se.jpg
66KB, 500x338px
>>1172449
yes I agree
>>
>>1173226
I'll give you $15 bucks to eat out my asshole.

I mean you'll do anything, right?

I mean you're not a phony, right?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.