[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ethereum mining /biz what's the best card for mining ethereum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

ethereum mining

/biz what's the best card for mining ethereum , I can't decide between a 290/290x/380/390
I want to get about 4 of each, what's giving the most bang for buck?
I see 7990s are still the card to have but they are going for stupid money these days
>>
>>1170207
Why mine ETH when you can mine TRUMP?

ETH already had its rally.. not much money left to be made.
>>
>>1170239
Hmmm bullshit.
>>
Don't invest in mining equipment; ETH is going POS later this year. Do some research.
>>
just buy eth. shapeshift nigga
>>
>>1170239
Can you even mine TRUMP?
>>
>>1170330
well if you did some research mate you'd see that the only way to mine ethereum currently is with a GPU. yea the dags increasing but 2gb+ still do the job for the foreseeable. also they will have resell value...
>>
>>1171750

That and you can always use the cards to mine a different crypto in the future.

I mine on a pool with an R9 390 and get 25 MH with it. I haven't fucked with the settings or overclocking so maybe I can get more.
>>
Where can you buy ethereum?
>>
Anyone know what's up with the names?

>>1171866
How the hell do you get 25 MH out of it? I have one and only get 4 MH or so.
>>
>>1171884

Are you trying to use the one click Aleth miner? If so that shit is getting discontinued.
>>
>>1171887
Not at all. The only miner I've got set up is sgminer_X11mod. Does it matter that I've only got one worker?
>>
>>1171889

I'm not sure about all that. I'm just running a geth node (geth --rpc) and then running ethminer to connect to the ethereumpool.co pool.
>>
Anyone actually making money? Been mining over 12 hours with a GTX 770, haven't made a coin yet
>>
Can someone give me a basic rundown on cryptocurrencies and how this mining thing works?

Or point me in the right direction to start reading up.
>>
>>1172118

You're better off mining in a pool. It honestly might be a month before you find a block. Do NOT choose dwarfpool if you decide to mine in a pool unless you don't mind contributing to the destabilization of Ethereum.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.