[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is talking about money taboo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Why is talking about money taboo?
>>
Because it clearly establishes one persons superiority to another in objective terms.
>>
Only poorfags talk about money.
>>
>>1168611

It's a power thing. Just like in Poker, much of your power position depends upon what your opposite _thinks_ you have. If he exactly knows your stats, you become predictable, even if you have more than him. And when you're predictable, you can be defeated.
>>
>>1168611

I don't know. But it's kind of lame. I wish my dad had educated me a bit more financially open and literate.
>>
>>1168611
>you make more than someone, they get jelly/think you're bragging
>you make less than someone, they think you want sympathy and are jelly of them
All round lose-lose situation

Also I don't know what kind of degenerates you hang out with if you share intimate details of your sex life with them.
>yeah man I suck myself off with a dragon dildo lubed up with chocolate mousse in my ass every night it's fucking awesome
>>
>>1168658
I thought families were the sole exception. No wonder millennials nowadays don't know shit about saving and budgeting.
>>
>>1168663
normal people have normal sex lives that they like to brag about or gossip about someone elses deficiancy.
>>
>>1168772
Absolutely degenerate.
>>
It depends on your relationship with money.

If you believe money/opportunity for profit exists and is readily accessible you can talk about money.

If you don't know where your next dollar is coming from then you don't talk about money.

You have to understand money is a phantom. It isn't real its simply a proxy for value exchanged.

The real value was the number of testicles you drained. the dollar was simply a place holder for the apple you'll have been traded later that your customer picked.
It preserves valuable work for later much like a battery holds electricity for later
>>
>>1168762
Not in my family. Even to this day my mom and dad refuse to tell me anything about their finances. Never mind the fact that I'm a CPA and have several series exams under my belt as well. Never mind that I make more than they have in their entire 401k every year. Never mind that they have literally never made a single investment, not even bonds, for themselves ever.

It's sad that they didn't but I'm kind of glad.
>>
>>1168630
There is so much wrong with this statement I don't even.

But really it's not the number so much as the entitlement attitude that grows exponentially with each dollar as some really do by their own hype.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.