[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there too much money going around and not enough projects?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1446535503264.jpg (67KB, 650x442px) Image search: [Google]
1446535503264.jpg
67KB, 650x442px
How many "investment" companies do you know?
They're everywhere, it seems to me that there is too much money and not enough profitable projects going around. Is my impression wrong?

I mean, look at all the VC firms on crunchbase, they're just the listed ones, there are thousands of others that no one heard about. Family funds etc.

I feel like the sweetspot right now is to be a kickass funder, who knows how to build a company from the ground up, and once a solid product/team is built, just go and get some investment money from all those firms.

Anyone is with me?
>>
Same thing with this board: how many people are talking about trading stocks/speculating compared to the number of topics talking about how to BUILD something of value?

Too much speculation, not enough real work, if you ask me.
>>
>>1168554
>>1168560

The dip is coming

The S&P500 is way overvalued now.
>>
I noticed this as well OP, as a casual observation. There are ten trillion investment companies - and this is just the ones we haven't heard of.
>>
>>1168579
What about "smaller scale projects" spaces, like venture capital, is that the case as well?
>>
>>1168560
>Too much speculation, not enough real work, if you ask me.

literally a hallmark of collapsing empires throughout history
>>
>>1168584
Most of these new tech startups on the block will go bust. Only a few that have viable cash flow streams and practical patented know-how/technology will survive.

I think we'll probably see a return back to protectionist economic policies and possibly even mandatory conscription once we have millions of 20 somethings out of a job.

UNLESS all that debt is somehow forgiven...
>>
>>1168597
>collapsing empires

America is still literally eons ahead of several nations with all their various black ops research projects.
>>
>>1168602
I know nobody knows for certain, but how soon do you see the crash coming? Especially in the startup scene.

I kinda agree with you, when I browser Angelist, most of the startups don't see very exciting anymore. Although some are completely awesome.
>>
>>1168612
American military is already rivalled by Russia and China. America is losing the currency war as more countries drop the dollar and America is too in debt to invade them and force them to use it. the is coming whether you want to see it or not
>>
>>1168659
America is literally the most powerful nation to have ever existed on this planet. The power and influence this country has goes far deeper than your peasant mind can possibly ever understand.
>>
>>1168664

not an argument
>>
>>1168659
>implying governments are going to openly reveal their trump cards for everyone in the world to see and read about
>>
>>1168664

>*Israel
>>
>>1168554
you're right, just a few years too late to get any real returns. vc is on the decline since it's in a bubble
>>
>>1168777
i don't care much about returns, I'm a builder, so anytime is a good time for me as there are always opportunities to create something of value.
If less VC funding, no problem, I'd just had to get profitable much earlier.
>>
>>1168554

>he's drinking the toilet- i mean "holy" water
>>
>>1168554
Oh man, THOUSANDS of investing firms!? Gee how will the TRILLIONS of dollars of worldwide wealth ever be split by them all!?!?!?!?!
>>
>>1168664
The same could have been said, and truthfully.,about every leading power in history.
What advantage differentiates America from all of the others?
Before answering, remember that copying ideas and technology is easier than it has ever been in human history.
>>
>>1168560
Agreed. I couldn't get financing for a business venture to save my life. But it's just as well because I couldn't get responses to inquiries from manufacturers either. Seems like everyone just wants to siphon off transaction fees and suck government subsidies.
>>
That just conforts me in my idea that it's better to be a builder than a financier anyways.

It's funny to see the thousands of VC and investment websites with the same mottos, the same texts, and the same looking teams (with the same pedigrees).
Makes me want to build a kickass product.
>>
File: mtG7EOz.jpg (268KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mtG7EOz.jpg
268KB, 1024x768px
>>1169548
What was your business?
>>
>>1169398
trade deficit
every dollar sent abroad comes back 4 times to america
people who don't understand how ridiculous that is are living with their heads in the sand
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.