[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have there ever been attempts by amateurs to establish small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: paf_base_kerguelen-01-lg.jpg (52KB, 750x383px) Image search: [Google]
paf_base_kerguelen-01-lg.jpg
52KB, 750x383px
Have there ever been attempts by amateurs to establish small self-proclaimed republics with very favorable conditions for business and economic development?

Why doesn't a group of motivated amateurs sail to a remote island which already has a small educated population, and try to create a sort of industrial zone over there which would lead to lots of incoming firms and capital?

I bet at least some fishing companies and mineral extraction companies would love to invest if there was a zone like that.
>>
Pro-tip: business people don't run States very effectively at all. It's an entirely different craft.
>>
Basically China's economic zones.
>>
>>1163382
Neither do statesmen
>>
Are you paying any attention to the worldwide political situation at all? If you are a big businessman, you don't have to form your own republic. Just pay off the politicians and they'll do whatever you want them to do, much easier and cleaner.
>>
Look up Bevar Christiania
>>
>>1163375
Because if you're smart enough, and interested enough in econ/biz/finance, you find that the best way to make money is to exploit a country, not to set up some utopia and then somehow make a profit out of that.
>>
Liberland has a good chance to continue existing given that nobody really wants the area after the Balkan wars. Seems like a good investment to me
>>
File: wliberlandIMAGE-1.jpg (2MB, 2300x1370px) Image search: [Google]
wliberlandIMAGE-1.jpg
2MB, 2300x1370px
>>1163752
>Liberland has a good chance to continue existing given that nobody really wants the area after the Balkan wars. Seems like a good investment to me

fucking idiots, I live near "liberland" it is a defacto croatian territory under croatian jurisdiction and dejure serbian territory (that however doesn't claim it as such and allows croatia to lay territorial claim), the reason for it is that the danube which is the border river changed it's course. after the arbitrage agreement it will become a dejure croatian territory. it is a field with nothing on it, that some autist czech declared a "memepublic" over the net.
>>
Look up "Galt's Gulch", John Galt set it up.
>>
>>1163585
Well they've got to clean up after business's messes on top of their own so maybe they're stretched a little thin.
>>
>>1163382
pandering to the failures so that they will vote for you again?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.