[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living frugally on a high salary in Zurich

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1413806435669.jpg (103KB, 640x733px) Image search: [Google]
1413806435669.jpg
103KB, 640x733px
I might have a great job offer in Zurich, around 130k CHF (~120k euros).

Zurich seems expensive as FUCK.
I just want to make money and save, do you think it's a good idea to just work there, live like a bum and save as much money as possible? Is that even possible? Has anyone done it?
>>
>>1158361
Zurich is an awesome city, it may be possible not to burn all your money there, but it is gonna be hard..
>>
How the fuck do people live in those cities? Is everyone just a millionaire?
>>
>>1158390
hmm fuck that's what I thought.
>>
>>1158361

I believe Zurich is amongst the most expensive cities in the world. Possibly even THE most expensive. Obv salaries are proportional to cost of living. So I think to milk this fantastic job offer you are going to have to get creative.
>>
>>1158465

ok it's actually not even in the top 10 lol

but still
>>
>>1158486
My sources are showing it's the #2 most expensive city in the world. Fuck
>>
Sleep on the roof of some business or something.
>>
Just live in a bedsit or houseshare and try not to party too much. Voila!
>>
Actually I'm thinking about banging girls and sleeping at their places, pretending I'm a broke writer, poet or rockstar. But I need to develop those skills, fuck
>>
You should live on 1,750-2,000/month CHF at most.

Post background, age, job title etc.
>>
>>1158524
29 software, that's all I can say.

If I could save 6k/month that'd be quite great.
>>
>>1158596
Rent plus heating 600CHF
Internet + other bills 200CHF
Food 400CHF
Insurance 300CHF
Travelling costs 80CHF
Clothes and personal items 70CHF
Leisure, beer 150-200CHF
Other shit (books, w/e) 50CHF

Good luck, lad.
>>
>>1158522
They might catch on when you leave in a suit from 9 to 5 every weekday.
>>
>>1158655
That'd be a software job so I can probably wear shitty clothes and that'd be OK.
I can just change in the bathroom anyways.

I think that's doable actually.
>>
File: 1446143592516.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446143592516.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>1158596
>>1158604

>mfw when i am going to try the asme thing but instead of that, just working as a cook.

3k CHF a month...i hope, to save 1k monthly and in 10 years get enought money to live of spanish dividends and come back...

I should have studied, fuck my life
>>
>>1158604
What kinds of apartments are just 600 a month? almost everything i searched is like 1k minimum.

Bist du ein Swissfag?
>>
I have the option of havin a 6 figure salary or keep growing my business so I can make myself 6 figures...
Tough life decisions..what would /biz/ do?

I kinda hate being a wagecuck..
>>
>>1158924
>>1158926
Wohngemeinschaft, mein nigga.

OP will need to share to save as much as possible, and so will you.

>I should have studied, fuck my life

Study now. Plenty of options. How old are you?
>>
>>1159787
I am almost 27

I am a college dropout and have an ausbildung as sound technician (quite useless since i suck at it and got no experience oportunities)

I am finishing right now one as cook while working on the weekends...

Formal high education i think is over for me since i want to focus now in being a great cook and make the best i can of it.

A man in their 30´s living in a WG is quite sad and locals still prefer share with students, i rather just save less and be on my own.

Swissbrudi, glaubst du dass 3k CHF ist realistich als koch zu verdienen? soll ich auch franzözisch lernen?
>>
>>1158924
mate fucking quit that shit ass job cooking is a modern day slavery with work to pay ratio of shit on a stick. You'd be better off collecting garbage or working in a post office or smth.

Qualified cook, 8 years of experience. Anger issues, shit health, alcoholism.

You get free food tho, but its not worth it.
>>
>>1160023
Bro what? even a kitchen assistant who never saw a school from the inside and has zero experience earns more than 3000 CHF per month.
>>
>>1159771
Grow business
>>
>>1158361

Just live half an hour away from the city. Problem solved.
>>
>>1160053
So far this job is helping me to be a more assertive person and be less of the manchild i am since kitchens are like a jungle.

A high number of cooks abuse substances to have enought mental strenght to deal with this job, i´m sorry you also fell.

I am a weightlifter and also too spergy to fall in somehting like alcohol or coke.

What plans of life do you ahve anon?

>>1160084
Glad to hear that, do you know wich salaries are usual for low tier jobs?
>>
>>1158666

Fellow software dev here. Id say go for it, totally doable and itd be an awesome experience. You just have to be resourceful, and since you actually will have money you'd have contingencies

How cold is Zurich?
>>
File: Schweiz - Zuerich.png (15KB, 747x519px) Image search: [Google]
Schweiz - Zuerich.png
15KB, 747x519px
>>1158666
No you won't unless you work in a far away from the headquarter IT bunker or a 5 people startup. Anywhere else where you could meet customers/higher ups a suite is usually expected.

>>1160355
Starting jobs for chefs with a completed apprenticeship around Zurich pay about 60k/year, so about 5k/month.

>>1160388
>How cold is Zurich?
pic related
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.